PDA

View Full Version : FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package Uploaded.

stovall
January 8th, 2018, 13:23
Milton Shupe (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/249-Milton-Shupe)
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/images/statusicon1/user-offline.png
Staff Contributor http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/image.php?u=249&dateline=1414861101 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/member.php/249-Milton-Shupe)

FSX Native B-26 Marauder Beta Package uploaded.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...uder-Beta-v1-3 (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108926-FSX-Native-B-26B-C-Martin-Marauder-Beta-v1-3)

Still a few minor issues but nothing to warrant holding off a Beta test.

Read the docs. Paint kits available by Duckie.

Exterior textures feature Ferondoe's excellent works.

Should work fine in P3Dv4.

Thanks for your help in testing. Report any issues here.

Milton Shupe
FS9 Modeler Hack

Video Tutorials - Gmax for Beginners (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/103701-Gmax-Video-Tutorial-Series-Beginning-Modeler?p=1062246&viewfull=1#post1062246)My Uploads on SOH (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links_search.php?action=show&userid=249&sort=d)

oldmsgt
January 8th, 2018, 13:46
Nicely done Milton! What a fantastic aircraft! Ferondoe's paints are the cat's ass! Beautiful!
Cheers!
:ernaehrung004:
The Old Master Sergeant

Roger
January 8th, 2018, 13:48
Downloading as I type!:jump:

jamminjames
January 8th, 2018, 13:55
WOW!!!! Thanks to all involved. You guys amaze me producing projects like this better than payware.......

stovall
January 8th, 2018, 14:04
Thanks Milton and Team, great work. First flight off Iwo Jima very impressive. The aircraft is a marvel and the sound definitely the icing on the cake. The wait has been very much worth while.

Roger
January 8th, 2018, 14:43
Fabulous model Milton and team!

After a quick test, the [Views] eyepoint need shifting to the right a little to avoid seeing through the vc model walls when panning left. The modelled-in panel light is too weak to see the gauges at dusk.

Milton Shupe
January 8th, 2018, 15:43
Fabulous model Milton and team!

After a quick test, the [Views] eyepoint need shifting to the right a little to avoid seeing through the vc model walls when panning left. The modelled-in panel light is too weak to see the gauges at dusk.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Roger, thanks, I had not noticed the Viewpoint issue. I'll have a look at those "Dusky" gauges. :-)

EDIT: Fixed the eyepoint issue. Looking at the gauge backlighting. I have also brightened the gauges a bit but still need to add a little light around the cockpit for better visibility.

Lee Mumbower
January 8th, 2018, 17:24
Sir's, what can I say but THANK YOU! I have spent hundreds of dollars on planes for FSX and this is as good as any. I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee

Milton Shupe
January 8th, 2018, 17:42
Sir's, what can I say but THANK YOU! I have spent hundreds of dollars on planes for FSX and this is as good as any. I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee

Thank you Lee. Ferondoe's textures look really great on this model and there are many more textures in the library for this B-26. Check the links I provided or simply search the FSX skins for Marauder or B-26.

Sorry, none of the weapons are active; just there to be correct representations.

MrZippy
January 8th, 2018, 18:00
I hate to ask any questions of this beauty but do the guns fire? Thanks again Lee
Can make that happen!

magoo
January 8th, 2018, 18:54
So I thought I'd be a smart guy & select a 7000' runway for my first take-off with full load out.......

......'Still managed to loosen a few roof tiles in the residential neighbourhood beyond. :adoration:

It is fascinating to climb out in that state, and watch the airspeed slowly increase, and increase.....and relentlessly....increase.....until you realize that this machine is absolutely cooking along. (Most excellent slipstream rumble, Nigel!!)

It looks fast, it sounds fast, and (dang-it) give it a little time.....it is fast. (Right where you want to be when you cross into hostile airspace.....)

Give'er respect in the low speed regiment......and she'll reward you with an impressive high speed performance. If the virtual pilot is not totally familiar with this aircraft, peruse the fine documents that Milton has included. The pay off is sweet!

The B-26 of mythology lives right here, boys!

Beautifully sculpted poly's, menacingly impressive texture sets, a flight model that communicates the strict reality of the B-26, and a sound suite with enough muscle that you don't really need to look at the airspeed indicator....just listen to her talk, you'll know what's happening.

Milton & Company......this one's a real gritty & impressive sweetheart! Thank you all!!

Milton Shupe
January 8th, 2018, 19:32
So I thought I'd be a smart guy & select a 7000' runway for my first take-off with full load out.......

......'Still managed to loosen a few roof tiles in the residential neighbourhood beyond. :adoration:

It is fascinating to climb out in that state, and watch the airspeed slowly increase, and increase.....and relentlessly....increase.....until you realize that this machine is absolutely cooking along. (Most excellent slipstream rumble, Nigel!!)

It looks fast, it sounds fast, and (dang-it) give it a little time.....it is fast. (Right where you want to be when you cross into hostile airspace.....)

Give'er respect in the low speed regiment......and she'll reward you with an impressive high speed performance. If the virtual pilot is not totally familiar with this aircraft, peruse the fine documents that Milton has included. The pay off is sweet!

The B-26 of mythology lives right here, boys!

Beautifully sculpted poly's, menacingly impressive texture sets, a flight model that communicates the strict reality of the B-26, and a sound suite with enough muscle that you don't really need to look at the airspeed indicator....just listen to her talk, you'll know what's happening.

Milton & Company......this one's a real gritty & impressive sweetheart! Thank you all!!

Well I reckon that's about the nicest comment one could hope for.

We can thank Fliger747 for the flight model and Ferondoe for the textures, and Wellis for the panel and ECU textures.
Of course, we know the sounds come from Nigel and are always impressive.

Tom put a lot of effort in the FM and we banged it around a lot to try to achieve the result. I really like it. :-)

Thanks

I will add that there are more great textures that have not yet been released, awaiting final release of this package.

DaveQ
January 9th, 2018, 06:46
Another fabulous free add-on from a brilliant team. The On-Mark Invader can hold while I play with this beauty for a bit can't it!!??:very_drunk:

DaveQ

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 07:44
Keep in mind this is a Beta test release. Thanks for reporting any issues here so I can get any corrections handled and work towards a final release package.

Josh Patterson
January 9th, 2018, 08:20
The only thing I did was to change the starter torque from 0.03347 to 0.13347 as I couldn't get them to start from the switches in the VC. (The FS9 version was doing the same thing.) I did notice being able to see through the walls when looking left but I just manually shifted my position as I do 100% of the time anyway. I did notice B-26 pilots did have the upper edge of the side window blocking their sight. Big blind spot if your making a left turn unless you bank enough to see out the upper window which is not advisable at base to final! Can't stress enough how awesome the sound set is on this!!!

Cees Donker
January 9th, 2018, 09:54
Thank you for an already great addon!

:applause:

Cees

MrZippy
January 9th, 2018, 10:32
Definitely a great aircraft! Thank you Milton and team:ernaehrung004:(Dilly, Dilly)

Now since my $16 joystick crapped out after 6 years of abuse, I have some downtime to play around a little. Might as well shoot some stuff. You will need my

download in the Warbirds Library under FSX/Effects titled A-20G guns. You will need the 4 effects files and I will post my [lights] section that uses the

o (oh) key to fire.

[LIGHTS]

light.0 =3, -0.994, -35.1, 3.314, fx_navred // Left Upper wing Nav. light
light.1 =3, -0.994, 35.1, 3.314, fx_navgre // Right Upper wing Nav. light
light.2 =7, -3.161, 32.115, 2.614, fx_navred // bottom red fuselage recognition
light.3 =7, -3.045, 33.156, 2.677, fx_navwhi // bottom amber fuselage recognition
light.4 =7, -2.938, 34.125, 2.801, fx_navgre // bottom green fuselage recognition
light.5 = 2, 25.20, 0.00, 0.00, fx_p40_cannon
light.6 = 2, 27.00, 0.0, 0.00, fx_coral_f15m61
light.7 = 2, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, ps_hellfire2
light.8 = 2, 11.20, 2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.9= 2, 18.00, -2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
light.10 = 2, 17.00, 2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.11 = 2, 11.20, -2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.12= 2, 18.00, 2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
light.13 = 2, 17.00, -2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.14 = 2, 14.45, 0.00, -5.23, fx_police_alarm
light.15 = 2, 11.20, 3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.16 = 2, 18.00, 3.92, 1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.17 = 2, 11.20, -3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.18 = 2, 18.00, -3.20, 1.40, ps_hellfire2

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/09/GunsBlazing.md.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GuHW)

MDIvey
January 9th, 2018, 10:37
Thanks to all who worked on this... amazing.

Matt

RobM
January 9th, 2018, 12:02
Wow! You and team actually modeled the entire inside of the plane, from bombardier position to rear gunner position.
Will you be adding more interior viewpoints, besides just the pilot's view, later on? I really like the view from the
bombardier position.

Thanks a bunch for an excellent plane! - Rob

hairyspin
January 9th, 2018, 12:42
Model by Shupe and co, sound by Nigel and FM by fliger? What's not to like! Downloading... :jump:

Jafo
January 9th, 2018, 14:19
Great stuff.....thanks, guys...;)

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 14:50
Wow! You and team actually modeled the entire inside of the plane, from bombardier position to rear gunner position.
Will you be adding more interior viewpoints, besides just the pilot's view, later on? I really like the view from the
bombardier position.

Thanks a bunch for an excellent plane! - Rob

You are welcome.

Yes, i will add camera views to the todo list.

Interior modeled but rather sparsely because of limitations on the FS9 side.

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 14:57
Link to the original project thread for those interested:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105202-B26B-FSX-Native-Marauder-Painters-Release-Beta-1-0

gray eagle
January 9th, 2018, 15:16
Link to the original project thread for those interested:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105202-B26B-FSX-Native-Marauder-Painters-Release-Beta-1-0

Thanks Milton and team :encouragement:
Been waitin' for this one.

gray eagle
January 9th, 2018, 15:38
Definitely a great aircraft! Thank you Milton and team:ernaehrung004:(Dilly, Dilly)

Now since my $16 joystick crapped out after 6 years of abuse, I have some downtime to play around a little. Might as well shoot some stuff. You will need my

download in the Warbirds Library under FSX/Effects titled A-20G guns. You will need the 4 effects files and I will post my [lights] section that uses the

o (oh) key to fire.

[LIGHTS]

light.0 =3, -0.994, -35.1, 3.314, fx_navred // Left Upper wing Nav. light
light.1 =3, -0.994, 35.1, 3.314, fx_navgre // Right Upper wing Nav. light
light.2 =7, -3.161, 32.115, 2.614, fx_navred // bottom red fuselage recognition
light.3 =7, -3.045, 33.156, 2.677, fx_navwhi // bottom amber fuselage recognition
light.4 =7, -2.938, 34.125, 2.801, fx_navgre // bottom green fuselage recognition
light.5 = 2, 25.20, 0.00, 0.00, fx_p40_cannon
light.6 = 2, 27.00, 0.0, 0.00, fx_coral_f15m61
light.7 = 2, 27.00, 0.00, 0.00, ps_hellfire2
light.8 = 2, 11.20, 2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.9= 2, 18.00, -2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
light.10 = 2, 17.00, 2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.11 = 2, 11.20, -2.20, -2.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.12= 2, 18.00, 2.40, -1.83, fx_coral_f15m61
light.13 = 2, 17.00, -2.92, -1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.14 = 2, 14.45, 0.00, -5.23, fx_police_alarm
light.15 = 2, 11.20, 3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.16 = 2, 18.00, 3.92, 1.40, ps_hellfire2
light.17 = 2, 11.20, -3.20, -1.90, fx_p40_cannon
light.18 = 2, 18.00, -3.20, 1.40, ps_hellfire2

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/09/GunsBlazing.md.jpg (http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/GuHW)

Tried it in P3D V3 no guns - no shoot. :adoration:

ratty
January 9th, 2018, 15:43
Wow! Maybe the best Shupe team effort yet. Beautiful model, completely immersive sounds, and a dream to hand fly. Just curious: since the docs all talk in MPH, would it make sense to have an airspeed indicator in MPH? Oh, and the DG/Heading Indicator lacks a setting knob.

WarHorse47
January 9th, 2018, 17:23
Great job for FSX.

I noticed that some of the FS9 repaints included additional models (without turrets). Will they work with the FSX Native version?

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 18:35
Great job for FSX.

I noticed that some of the FS9 repaints included additional models (without turrets). Will they work with the FSX Native version?

The "JM" version is obviously an FS9 model and there are some mapping differences. Is not intended for FSX, will not support bump and spec maps, but should be flyable as a port-over in FSX. May have the usual prop and glass issues.

If you try it, just keep the JM version in its own folder as it is in FS9 as the flight model is different due to its lower weight and reduced drag.

In FSX, even as a FS9 port over, you can of course use FSX native texture formats and sizes (although not bumps and specs). That does not mean that specific FSX native glass and chrome textures will work, or any texture that relies on FSX native material properties as the model will not recognize such. Also, interior night lighting is implemented differently between the sims so those supporting textures will not work properly. So, the guidelines would be, do not use FSX native textures as many rely on FSX specific material properties to work correctly.

In other words, if you use FS9 textures, you should be okay. You can, however, use FSX native formats and larger sizes.

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 18:46
Wow! Maybe the best Shupe team effort yet. Beautiful model, completely immersive sounds, and a dream to hand fly. Just curious: since the docs all talk in MPH, would it make sense to have an airspeed indicator in MPH? Oh, and the DG/Heading Indicator lacks a setting knob.

Thanks for the recommendation and the heads up on the DG knob. Will see what I can do here. :-)

WarHorse47
January 9th, 2018, 18:55
The "JM" version is obviously an FS9 model and there are some mapping differences. Is not intended for FSX, will not support bump and spec maps, but should be flyable as a port-over in FSX. May have the usual prop and glass issues.

If you try it, just keep the JM version in its own folder as it is in FS9.Okay. Since I'm only interested in the textures, I have a related question.

I noticed that the FSX package has 3 models, but only one (-2pods) is associated with the textures. Can you provide some screenshots for each of the models? Are the pods referring to the gun pods on the sides of the fuselage?

Milton Shupe
January 9th, 2018, 19:09
Okay. Since I'm only interested in the textures, I have a related question.

I noticed that the FSX package has 3 models, but only one (-2pods) is associated with the textures. Can you provide some screenshots for each of the models? Are the pods referring to the gun pods on the sides of the fuselage?

Yes, the lower pods are removed for the 1-pod model, and both sets are removed for the nopods model. That is the only difference with these models.

Since I featured Ferondoe's textures for the beta release, I had no proper textures for the other two models.

There are textures specifically calling for those models however that will come after the final release.

WarHorse47
January 10th, 2018, 06:03
Hmmm... It seems that this may be getting complicated.

I downloaded the FS9 textures and they look like they can be brought into FSX, but since the model names are different I best wait until the final package is released.

I did find and load Rick's Base Aluminum texture and that's a "keeper"

Thanks for the response.

MrZippy
January 10th, 2018, 09:35
Tried it in P3D V3 no guns - no shoot. :adoration:

Sorry,but don't think it will work in P3D. Didn't you also try it for the A-20G and got the same result?

DaveQ
January 10th, 2018, 09:46
I did find and load Rick's Base Aluminum texture and that's a "keeper"

Thanks for the response.

Where can I find that WH?

DaveQ

MrZippy
January 10th, 2018, 10:12
Where can I find that WH?

DaveQ

Warbirds Library under FSX/Military Skins WWII

B-26C_Base_Aluminum.zip Download Entry

View enlarged thumbnail
For use with painters and pilots of the currently in work Native B-26C by Milton Shupe.

Base Aluminum Paint. Feel free to use it as a base for any painted versions. Adjust the Alpha channel of the main texture as required, and the specular texture as required for the painted areas, or for amount of wartime used look in the metal surface. Thanks to Duckie for providing the original layers of panel lines and rivets for use in creating the bumps. Couldn't have done it without his work. And of course to Milton for his fabulous work or art!

Please give credit where due if applicable. otherwise please enjoy as is. Thank you!

WarHorse47
January 10th, 2018, 12:24
Note to Milton: Pilots and gunners still visible with battery off. Guess they don't want to leave. :biggrin-new:

Note to Rick: Aluminum paint looks great, but I noticed that some of the VC textures are now aluminum as well. I fixed the compass, but not the sliding window frame. Not a big deal.

Love this plane.

Josh Patterson
January 10th, 2018, 13:51
Note to Milton: Pilots and gunners still visible with battery off. Guess they don't want to leave. :biggrin-new:

Note to Rick: Aluminum paint looks great, but I noticed that some of the VC textures are now aluminum as well. I fixed the compass, but not the sliding window frame. Not a big deal.

Love this plane.

I've noticed this about the crew. They did vanish what I ran the FS9 version in FSX. Are you able to start your engines with the switches in the VC? Mine would crank over but I had to bump my starter torque up by .1 to get them to light off. The aluminum interior may be intentional. Not sure about Marauders, but IIRC around the time when B-17s and B-24s stopped getting camouflaged, they generally stopped painting the interiors as well. (No need for corrosion protection when the plane lifespan may have been weeks or days.) Interior color also depends on where they were built. I could be varying shades of green or nothing at all. Here's a camo B-17 with an unpainted interior. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiByfn_u87YAhVSu1MKHdM4D84QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwingstracksguns.com%2Fdt_gallery% 2Fboeing-b-17%2F&psig=AOvVaw2gpbtBmML109CnnpiPNp1z&ust=1515710559551785 Scroll down the page a bit and you'll spot it. It's the one that's ripped open like an aluminum can.

gray eagle
January 10th, 2018, 14:03
Sorry,but don't think it will work in P3D. Didn't you also try it for the A-20G and got the same result?

I don't have the A-20 so I don't know.

Milton Shupe
January 10th, 2018, 14:40
I've noticed this about the crew. They did vanish what I ran the FS9 version in FSX. Are you able to start your engines with the switches in the VC? Mine would crank over but I had to bump my starter torque up by .1 to get them to light off. The aluminum interior may be intentional. Not sure about Marauders, but IIRC around the time when B-17s and B-24s stopped getting camouflaged, they generally stopped painting the interiors as well. (No need for corrosion protection when the plane lifespan may have been weeks or days.) Interior color also depends on where they were built. I could be varying shades of green or nothing at all. Here's a camo B-17 with an unpainted interior. https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiByfn_u87YAhVSu1MKHdM4D84QjRwIBw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwingstracksguns.com%2Fdt_gallery% 2Fboeing-b-17%2F&psig=AOvVaw2gpbtBmML109CnnpiPNp1z&ust=1515710559551785 Scroll down the page a bit and you'll spot it. It's the one that's ripped open like an aluminum can.

The FS9 and FSX versions are different and respond differently to the same basic custom XML. Yes, I know it works consistently in the FS9 model. And I know what the issue is with the FSX native models; that will be corrected.

The starter issue has been corrected; thanks.

The interior window frame may be a mapping issue; will look at that.

Thanks

Josh Patterson
January 10th, 2018, 17:27
The FS9 and FSX versions are different and respond differently to the same basic custom XML. Yes, I know it works consistently in the FS9 model. And I know what the issue is with the FSX native models; that will be corrected.

The starter issue has been corrected; thanks.

The interior window frame may be a mapping issue; will look at that.

Thanks
So it wasn't just me having a starting issue? Glad I could help if only just a little. This is one hot ship Milton, I can't imagine what the short wing versions were like to fly! Now I wish Kermit Weeks would bring his back to Oshkosh! It's been a while since I've seen it in the air when he took it from the EAA Museum back to Florida. Oh and regarding WarHorse's question about running the FS9 in FSX, I had no prop or glass issues when I installed the release from a few days back, it just didn't look as stellar as the FSX native model does but I was just peachy going for a ride around the patch in it. I'm keeping the JM installed for now on my machine!

b52bob
January 11th, 2018, 07:02
Not a great fan of WWII aircraft but thought I would give it a shot in P3D. Wow, glad I did, this one is a keeper. Love the sounds and flight dynamics. Did a fast tour around San Francisco and was fully immersed in the flight. Can’t get more real than that. Kudos to the team for an instant classic.

Bob

Duckie
January 11th, 2018, 12:35
Hi Milton, didn't see these reported, sorry if I missed them.

1. With the new models I have lost the "shift-e-2" command to open the bomb bay doors.

2. The glass seems to be missing from the 2 bottom windows aft of the bomb bay doors.
I've tried many different angles and some different lighting conditi0ns but can't see any glass, just open holes.

3. The crew hatch in the cockpit floor operates simultaneously with the cockpit windows using shift-e. Shift-f doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Steve

EDIT: #1 - The bomb bay doors operate using SHIFT-E-3

MrZippy
January 11th, 2018, 13:43
2. The glass seems to be missing from the 2 bottom windows aft of the bomb bay doors.
I've tried many different angles and some different lighting conditi0ns but can't see any glass, just open holes.

Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is glass there or if it is suppose to be missing?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56963&stc=1

Milton Shupe
January 11th, 2018, 14:09
Hi Milton, didn't see these reported, sorry if I missed them.

1. With the new models I have lost the "shift-e-2" command to open the bomb bay doors.

3. The crew hatch in the cockpit floor operates simultaneously with the cockpit windows using shift-e. Shift-f doesn't do anything.

Thanks,

Steve

EDIT: #1 - The bomb bay doors operate using SHIFT-E-3

Thanks Steve; Oooops! will look at these issues. :-)

Duckie
January 11th, 2018, 14:12
Looks like the aft lip of the nose gear opening has lost it's mapping. If it were the forward lip it prolly wouldn't matter much because it's very hard to see. The aft lip is visible and fairly prominent from forward/nose on views.

jankees
January 12th, 2018, 06:38
congratulations MIlton, you have another winner!
Beautiful model, great sounds, I love it!

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/12/jk1234.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/12/jk1228.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/12/jk1194.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/12/jk1231.jpg

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2018, 06:58
On behalf of the team of contributors, thank you. Those are awesome liveries Sir :-) :applause:

The changes from the few reported issues in Beta have been made, plus I had a long list of my own that are just about done and being tested and tweaked so likely by next weekend, we will have a final product to release.

I encourage the many who have downloaded the Beta package to report what issues they find.

Thanks

worknow
January 12th, 2018, 07:20
I just returned from several hours in this one and the A-20 in VR. Awesome work guys! Thank you very much!!!

Cheers,

Marc

Duckie
January 12th, 2018, 07:24
congratulations MIlton, you have another winner!
Beautiful model, great sounds, I love it!

Beautiful skins jankees. Thank you. :encouragement:

Duckie
January 12th, 2018, 07:40
One more Milton:

Tail gunner's position - there is a black frame around the cutout in the armor plate, don't know if the cut out is supposed to be glassed or just open. The black "frame" appears in all angles and all lighting, and cannot be adjusted by painting the armor plate.

EDIT: NEVER MIND. WRONG MODEL! :dizzy:

Mach3DS
January 12th, 2018, 07:56

Love this plane.

Thanks Warhorse, when I first did this work, there were NO interior texture at all. So, it's likely that some things might have to be edited by anyone who wants to merge these textures with the current build. THanks guys. My work load is too mhigh to come back to this project. But feel free to hit me up with questions if any.

simtech
January 12th, 2018, 14:46
Many kudos and much respect to Mr. Shupe and his team for a contribution that is a joy and treasure to fly. So it is only with the best intentions of making a great airplane grand. I noticed on several occassions that after about thirty minutes or so flight, I would unexpectedly lose the artificial horizon and lose the ability to lower the flaps. I checked the suction gauge..plenty of that and plenty of hydraulic pressure on the gauge. Then on a nighttime flight I noticed also that the panel lights had extinguished. hmm.. As I have personally experienced this IRL, I referred back to the checklist and realized there is no mention of generators. Are they modelled, I pondered? By adding "electric always available" in the ac.cfg, that seems to have eliminated the gyro, the panel lights and the flap control issues. In my haste to enjoy this beast, did I overlook generator controls? Thank you for a jewel. I like it almost as well as the A-20 Havoc. That's my favorite. Terry

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2018, 15:50
Many kudos and much respect to Mr. Shupe and his team for a contribution that is a joy and treasure to fly. So it is only with the best intentions of making a great airplane grand. I noticed on several occassions that after about thirty minutes or so flight, I would unexpectedly lose the artificial horizon and lose the ability to lower the flaps. I checked the suction gauge..plenty of that and plenty of hydraulic pressure on the gauge. Then on a nighttime flight I noticed also that the panel lights had extinguished. hmm.. As I have personally experienced this IRL, I referred back to the checklist and realized there is no mention of generators. Are they modelled, I pondered? By adding "electric always available" in the ac.cfg, that seems to have eliminated the gyro, the panel lights and the flap control issues. In my haste to enjoy this beast, did I overlook generator controls? Thank you for a jewel. I like it almost as well as the A-20 Havoc. That's my favorite. Terry

Thank you for the comments and heads-up. Will check to ensure all the bases are covered there. :-)

EDIT: It's been a long time since I did this model so had to go back to check.

The Generators and circuity are automatic. There are in RL amp and voltage gauges on the back wall of the Nav area for status check if there is some question.

Attaching two screen shots that explain it.

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2018, 15:54
Thanks Warhorse, when I first did this work, there were NO interior texture at all. So, it's likely that some things might have to be edited by anyone who wants to merge these textures with the current build. THanks guys. My work load is too mhigh to come back to this project. But feel free to hit me up with questions if any.

The interior side of the cockpit sliding windows are mapped to the exterior/outside of the window frames. This should be okay but no window frame should be so shiny as to look like chrome, even on a highly polished exterior. If the window frames look like that, the shine needs to be toned down to a proper metal look.

Otherwise, if that is unacceptable, I guess I'll have to remap the interior sides to pick up the interior colors.

Milton Shupe
January 12th, 2018, 15:58
One more Milton:

Tail gunner's position - there is a black frame around the cutout in the armor plate, don't know if the cut out is supposed to be glassed or just open. The black "frame" appears in all angles and all lighting, and cannot be adjusted by painting the armor plate.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56991&stc=1

EDIT: NEVER MIND. WRONG MODEL! :dizzy:

I'll check it anyhow. I assumed (or maybe it was in the docs-I forget) that bullet-proof glass was in that opening.

simtech
January 12th, 2018, 20:31
Mr. Shupe..thank you for the quick reply. I must be very dense as I have not determined how to go into the Navigators area. I can only view his chair from the pilot's seat. I checked with the original download to be sure I d/l all necessary files and I can't find any discrepancy. I'm still at square one and I am unable to find any "hot" spots on the bulkhead behind the pilot's seat. I have tried moving in both 2D and the VC and no joy. I can only see behind the pilot's seat and unable to travel outside the cockpit area. Sorry to be a pain..

MrZippy
January 13th, 2018, 04:15
Mr. Shupe..thank you for the quick reply. I must be very dense as I have not determined how to go into the Navigators area. I can only view his chair from the pilot's seat. I checked with the original download to be sure I d/l all necessary files and I can't find any discrepancy. I'm still at square one and I am unable to find any "hot" spots on the bulkhead behind the pilot's seat. I have tried moving in both 2D and the VC and no joy. I can only see behind the pilot's seat and unable to travel outside the cockpit area. Sorry to be a pain..

IIRC the explanation to do what you want was in the README. I'll double-check. I was wrong about that! Time to fire it up and actually look at it:banghead:

This was the only view of the Navigator's table. No way to actually go in there that I could find. I was looking at this, from the README:
The pilot entry/exit hatch (between the seats) is activated by the wing fold command. I used my wing fold command, it said "wings folding/unfolding" but saw no hatch open/close.:dizzy:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57010&stc=1

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2018, 05:25

There are no Hot spots on that bulkhead. My comment above said that in the real world, there are gauges on that bulkhead. I saw no benefit of putting gauges back there.

To move around in the VC, use the standard key combinations that have been used for years in the sims.

Cntrl+shift+enter/backspace = moves right/left
Cntrl+enter/backspace = Forward/aft
Shift+enter/backspace = Up/Down

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2018, 05:29
IIRC the explanation to do what you want was in the README. I'll double-check. I was wrong about that! Time to fire it up and actually look at it:banghead:

This was the only view of the Navigator's table. No way to actually go in there that I could find. I was looking at this, from the README:
The pilot entry/exit hatch (between the seats) is activated by the wing fold command. I used my wing fold command, it said "wings folding/unfolding" but saw no hatch open/close.:dizzy:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57010&stc=1

The docs were incorrect. Sorry about that.

The side windows and floor entry hatch opens with shift+e.
The BB doors open with shift+e, 3

MrZippy
January 13th, 2018, 05:42
The docs were incorrect. Sorry about that.

The side windows and floor entry hatch opens with shift+e.
The BB doors open with shift+e, 3

Thanks Milton!:wavey:

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2018, 05:47
Yeah, it's tough to tell if there is glass there or if it is suppose to be missing?

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56963&stc=1

If you look in your common texture folder and see glass.dds, rename to glass_t.dds. That may help.

jankees
January 13th, 2018, 07:53
still playing with my brushes:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/13/jk1303.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/13/jk1301.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/13/jk1308.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/13/jk1312.jpg

I noticed Ferondoe's outstanding textures were done in 4096 textures, with different rivets etc, while the paintkit I found is in 2048.
Would it be possible these would be made available as well?

Milton Shupe
January 13th, 2018, 08:19
still playing with my brushes:

I noticed Ferondoe's outstanding textures were done in 4096 textures, with different rivets etc, while the paintkit I found is in 2048.
Would it be possible these would be made available as well?

Wow! Beautiful work JK.

Ferondoe's paints (except for the fuselage I believe) use Duckie's paint kit.

His fuselage lines and rivets are different than the paint kit as I understand it.

MrZippy
January 13th, 2018, 08:24
Navigator's compartment looks great! Gotta remember the eyepoint camera up-down-left-right-forward and reverse commands.
Played with the Shift+e for window and pilot/co-pilot entry door....worked perfectly! Maybe when flying on AP, I'll take a walk back and stick my head through the bomb-bay doorway, open the bomb-bay doors and spit on the ground:encouragement:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57022&stc=1

blanston12
January 13th, 2018, 11:21
I tried it out today and am very impressed. Congratulations and thanks to the whole team.

My first attempt I switched from another aircraft and could not get the engines started. I suspected it was the fuel tank selector I could not find but when I restarted P3D4 it worked fine. I ran into the issue when you look to the right and your looking through the side of the hull, I adjusted the viewpoint so its centered on the yoke and then it was fine. Here is my adjustment.

[Views]
eyepoint= 11.956, -1.45, 2.864

Next noticing the entire interior was modeled I tried to work out the camera views for the other crew stations, here is what I came up with.

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "Co-pilot Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F078}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.88, 0, 0
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "Bombadier Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F079}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.4, -0.5, 2
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "Navigator Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F080}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=1.00, -0.5, -2.2
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "Top Gunner Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F081}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.4, 0.3, -8.5
InitialPbh=0, 0, 180

[CameraDefinition.4]
Title = "Tail Gunner Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F082}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=0.4, -0.4, -13
InitialPbh=0, 0, 180

[CameraDefinition.5]
Title = "Radio Operators Seat"
Guid = {195EAB58-9E4A-1E2A-A34C-A8D9D948F083}
Origin = Virtual Cockpit
MomentumEffect = Yes
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = False
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = False
Track = None
ShowAxis = YES
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.30
SmoothZoomTime = 2.0
ZoomPanScalar = 1.0
ShowWeather = Yes
XyzAdjust = TRUE
ShowLensFlare=FALSE
Category = Cockpit
PitchPanRate=20
HeadingPanRate=60
InitialXyz=-0.2, -0.5, -2.2
InitialPbh=0, 0, 0

thefrog
January 13th, 2018, 12:07
Thanks for doing the camera definitions - they work really well and now we can appreciate all the work that has gone into the interior!

simtech
January 13th, 2018, 15:42
Thank you, Mr. Shupe for the clarification. I misinterpreted the info about the generator controls being on the navigator bulkhead. Also many kudos to the team for recreating another world outside the cockpit within the airplane. I had forgotten there were original key commands for movement within the vc environment.
Mr. Zippy: Thank you for the walk around and fiendish idea of simulating Slim Pickens' ride on a falling bomb.
Lastly, thank you, John for the incredible camera definitions that allow all of us to enjoy the hard work of Milt's team. Very Much appreciated, they work great! Terry

jankees
January 14th, 2018, 07:11
just uploaded all my paints so far on OZX, plus this one:

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1353.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1355.jpg

enjoy them, and if you do, post a screenshot please?

WarHorse47
January 14th, 2018, 07:56

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1353.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1355.jpg

enjoy them, and if you do, post a screenshot please?Got them. Thanks much.

I encountered errors with "Dee-Feater" on the extraction. May want to re-package this one as I wasn't able to install it.

jankees
January 14th, 2018, 10:11
I uploaded an new version, could you try that?

I also uploaded yet another one, for the South Africans:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1385.jpg

WarHorse47
January 14th, 2018, 11:07
Yes, that worked. :encouragement:

Thanks.

Duckie
January 14th, 2018, 13:42
Hey blanston12, thanks very much for the camera views. :encouragement:

Milton Shupe
January 14th, 2018, 17:41
Hey blanston12, thanks very much for the camera views. :encouragement:

Indeed; perfecto! Joe, if you have no problem with it, I will include these in the package as I cannot improve on your work. :-)

Milton Shupe
January 14th, 2018, 17:43
I uploaded an new version, could you try that?

I also uploaded yet another one, for the South Africans:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/14/jk1385.jpg

JK, thanks for these variants; great stuff! :applause:

blanston12
January 14th, 2018, 18:22
Indeed; perfecto! Joe, if you have no problem with it, I will include these in the package as I cannot improve on your work. :-)

Of course! I would consider it a great honor for it to be included.

Butcherbird17
January 15th, 2018, 17:34
One that I'm working on. Think I need to tone down the alpha some as she looks to polished, but you can blame it on my
ground crew.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/16/2018-1-15_21-9-5-369.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/16/2018-1-15_20-48-3-615.jpg

Joe

jankees
January 15th, 2018, 21:14
Nice one!
Just one question though: why would they have overpainten the fuselage stripes, but not those on the wings?

ferondoe
January 16th, 2018, 00:54
Nice one!
Just one question though: why would they have overpainten the fuselage stripes, but not those on the wings?

Hi jankees,
I recovered your textures from B26 on OZx, Bravo beautiful work.
Kind Regards
Marty

Butcherbird17
January 16th, 2018, 02:27
Nice one!

That's because I borrowed the wings and nacelles from another one of my paints so I could see what the paint
looked like in sim instead of MCX.

Joe

wombat666
January 16th, 2018, 04:23
One of your's in P3D4.1 Jan.
Tweaking light settings but other than that minor issue with the glazing it works really well.
:encouragement:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1488x806q90/r/924/fooBom.jpg

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1488x806q90/r/923/1vUdD2.jpg

Duckie
January 16th, 2018, 06:20

...enjoy them, and if you do, post a screenshot please?

Good stuff there jankees! Thank you.

Cirrus N210MS
January 16th, 2018, 09:56
amazing job thank you again :wavey:

xpelekis
January 18th, 2018, 03:43
Just to drop another Thank you for this plane, as also a video of her
level bombing Havre's port :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbGLpYUQf0s

Norden bombsight I used, may be found at Warbirds library/panels, last page.

jankees
January 18th, 2018, 08:33
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/18/jk1388.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/18/jk1419.jpg

you find it here (http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/6368-milton-shupes-b26-marauder-french-air-force-02-maroc/).

jankees
January 18th, 2018, 12:29
coming soon:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/18/jk1440.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/18/jk1438.jpg

MrZippy
January 19th, 2018, 08:20
Lovin' your repaints, jankees:encouragement: It will be tough to decide on which ones! I finally got to spit out the bomb bay and have it smack the ground.

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57191&stc=1

jankees
January 20th, 2018, 07:57
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/20/jk1533.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/20/jk1534.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/20/jk1532.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/20/jk1552.jpg

Milton Shupe
January 20th, 2018, 16:15
JanKees,

Really like these latest four variants; very life-like and appealing to me. :applause:

dvm
January 22nd, 2018, 08:59
The gear indicator always shows wheels up for me. Is anyone else having this issue ?

Milton Shupe
January 22nd, 2018, 09:54
The gear indicator always shows wheels up for me. Is anyone else having this issue ?

dvm,

Thanks for the heads-up. The bmps are missing from the gauge folder.

Attaching here for you, and anyone else who wants them. They go in the Panel/MS_Marauder gauge folder.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Working on v1.4 release that contains updates to just about everything there is except sounds.

Here's a list of everything I can think of that's changed since v1.3:

Martin Marauder B-26B10-B26C55 Updates for V1.4

Model
- Deleted redundant parts
- Added Turret animation
- Corrected Panel Instrument and Nav light switches
- Removed or corrected panel material settings re: specular
- Corrected Pilot visibility issues
- Corrected material settings exterior textures
- Added night lighting to cockpit, bombardier/nav/radio areas
- Darkened tail gunner textures
- Remapped inner cockpit window frames to use interior colors (important for bare metal liveries)
- Adjusted C-Gear bay mapping
- Reset model position to agree with tech specs

Panel
- Change ASI to use MPH rather than KIAS
- Added Yoke Visibility Icon
- Added new model specific 4-6 tank fuel gauge
- Added missing Gyro Set knob
- Added Generator Warning lights
- Improved night time gauge back lighting; added PDI to night map
- Added exterior spot view panel also night lit to improve visuals
- Added missing bmps to MS_Marauder gauge folder

Textures
- Reduced some texture sizes and corrected some sizing and format of textures
- Added night enhancement textures to cockpit, navigator and radio operator areas
- Added bump map textures for interior
- Changed turret rail color
- Updated liveries folders to resize or correct textures
- Corrected bomb bay camera glass issue

Flight Model - Aircraft.cfg
- Adjusted for aircraft re-position to spec (lights, contact points, effects, prop thrust location, eye point)
- Adjusted New Camera views as result of above changes
- Adjusted starter torque
- Adjusted flaps drag and pitch
- Changed Bomb bay door assignment
- Cleaned up documentation

Effects
- Adjusted start up effects to offset based on changed engine/prop thrust locations

If anyone has reported an issue I have overlooked, please inform me.

Duckie
January 22nd, 2018, 10:19
dvm,

Thanks for the heads-up. The bmps are missing from the gauge folder.

Attaching here for you, and anyone else who wants them. They go in the Panel/MS_Marauder gauge folder.

Thanks Milton. That fixed it.

jankees
January 22nd, 2018, 12:18
Milton, I have one question: the front and rear gun barrels seem so long to me. Are you sure they are the right length?

paul day
January 23rd, 2018, 02:44
Ferondoe has just released some lovely looking repaints in the library but they are for P3/P4 so are they not usable in FSX with acceleration?

Regards Paul Day.

oldmsgt
January 23rd, 2018, 06:39
Ferondoe has just released some lovely looking repaints in the library but they are for P3/P4 so are they not usable in FSX with acceleration?

Regards Paul Day.

These repaints will work perfectly in FSX.
The Old MSgt

dvm
January 24th, 2018, 07:13
First I want to thank everyone involved for a great airplane. I also want to thank Joe for the eye point fix and camera definitions. The eye point fix is spot on in my opinion. I did make one change to suit my preference in the co-pilot camera view by changing the zoom to .6 putting me closer and more like the default pilot view. If you want a thrill do a takeoff from the bombardier position.:encouragement: One last thought for those that have Accu-Feel since the default open exit command is mapped to the cockpit windows you can hear the increase in sound when you open the windows. I turned the prop/turbine volume to 100 percent for better effect. For those that don't have the A2A Accu-Feel it is worth the twenty bucks as far as I'm concerned.

cheers,
Vince

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2018, 11:17
Milton, I have one question: the front and rear gun barrels seem so long to me. Are you sure they are the right length?

No, I modeled to the 3-views so doubtful. I do not have specs for the proper lengths in either instance.
Willing to adjust with better data.

Thanks

Duckie
January 24th, 2018, 12:33
Found these specs that may be helpful. The left column is the aircraft ANM2 Browning .50

The right column is the heavy infantry AFV .50

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2018, 14:21
Found these specs that may be helpful. The left column is the aircraft ANM2 Browning .50

The right column is the heavy infantry AFV .50

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57411&stc=1

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=57412&stc=1
Thank you Sir; that will be some help :-)

Milton Shupe
January 24th, 2018, 14:47
Report on gun lengths in question, I just measured in gmax:

For the gun pods:

I have 28" of the 36" barrels showing, assuming part of the barrel lengths are inside the pods.

For the Turret:

I have 34" of 36" barrel from barrel tip to the gun case, assuming 2" inside the gun casing.

I have no way of knowing if that is correct but it seems like it may be pretty close.

It could be that the gun pods (modeled to the 3-view) are small and making the barrels look long?

EDIT: I found the best pic I have, side view of gun pods, compared to screen shot in gmax, and my gun barrel exposure seemed long.

EDIT2: I found the lengths of the nose and tail guns were 40", 4" too long, so they too have been shortened.
I shortened them by about 4".

Thanks to JanKees for the discriminating eye, and to Duckie for the specs. :applause:

Duckie
January 26th, 2018, 09:42
First of a few more Marauders on the way from me...

"Willie Jr."

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/WJ-1.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/WJ-2.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/WJ-3.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/WJ-4.jpg

jankees
January 26th, 2018, 13:15
and one more from me that's not too far away:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/26/jk1615.jpg

Duckie
January 26th, 2018, 13:16
:encouragement: :encouragement:

Milton Shupe
January 26th, 2018, 18:57
Jankees, Duckie,

Great paints; thank you :applause:

-------------------------------------------

Because I have made so many changes to the beta v1.3, I think it would be prudent to release another beta rather than going Gold.

The changes are fundamental to the flight model, all textures, model, panel/gauges, camera views, effects, and night lighting.

With over 650 downloads, I assume all the issues to be discovered have been identified, and all those changes have been made.

I hope to release the V1.4 Beta over the weekend.

EDIT: I also caution anyone that has created alternate effects or camera views, or made eyepoint changes that those things will be affected by the V1.4 Beta

jankees
January 26th, 2018, 21:52
oh dear, texture changes? Do I have to start again?

Milton Shupe
January 27th, 2018, 04:19
oh dear, texture changes? Do I have to start again?

Absolutely NOT. :-)

I was referring to common textures and some errors I made in the livery texture folders.

This does not affect anyone's textures.

EDIT: Sometimes changes are necessary but I would never at this late stage in a project make voluntary changes that impact so many peoples work. I try very hard to NOT impact textures once the initial release is out and painters have invested time. I think Duckie would vouch for that. :-)

dvj
January 27th, 2018, 06:47

I was referring to common textures and some errors I made in the livery texture folders.

EDIT: Sometimes changes are necessary but I would never at this late stage in a project make voluntary changes that impact so many peoples work. I try very hard to NOT impact textures once the initial release is out and painters have invested time. I think Duckie would vouch for that. :-)

Your Sir, are Top Shelf!

- d

jankees
January 27th, 2018, 07:32
Milton, you're the best!

One more to celebrate:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/jk1743.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/27/jk1759.jpg

Duckie
January 27th, 2018, 08:33

EDIT: Sometimes changes are necessary but I would never at this late stage in a project make voluntary changes that impact so many peoples work. I try very hard to NOT impact textures once the initial release is out and painters have invested time.

I think Duckie would vouch for that. :-)

VOUCHED FOR WITH EMPHASIS! :encouragement:

Also, after a text review and in-game comparison of all repaint and common textures, v1.3 vs 1.4, ALL IS GOOD!

Thank you Milton.

TO JANKEES and ferondoe: Do you have some texture sets that you previewed earlier but have not yet released? I'm trying hard to keep up with whats already been done and not step on any toes as I'm about to finalize about 1/2 dozen or so more repaints for the GOLD release.

Thanks

Steve

jankees
January 27th, 2018, 08:47
Duckie, all I have done so far is available on OZx, and although I have lots more plans, nothing is underway at the moment.

Duckie
January 27th, 2018, 11:59
Duckie, all I have done so far is available on OZx, and although I have lots more plans, nothing is underway at the moment.

Thanks Jankees for the quick reply.

Milton Shupe
January 27th, 2018, 14:29
Thank you Steve; great to hear. :-)

Jankees, new liveries looking awesome! :applause:

jankees
January 28th, 2018, 09:04
thank you!
There's more coming:
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/28/jk1814.jpg

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/28/jk1824.jpg

wellis
January 28th, 2018, 09:29
Looking good indeed JanKees

MustangL2W
January 28th, 2018, 10:09
Jankees, anymore from the 596th BS/ 397th BG that could be done?? "DeeFeater" is really beautiful. She needs a Squadron Mate!

jankees
January 28th, 2018, 10:16
Sure, which one are you after?

Duckie
January 28th, 2018, 12:34
SHU-SHU BABY...

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/29/Shu-Shu_Baby.jpg

ferondoe
January 28th, 2018, 13:23
VOUCHED FOR WITH EMPHASIS! :encouragement:

Also, after a text review and in-game comparison of all repaint and common textures, v1.3 vs 1.4, ALL IS GOOD!

Thank you Milton.

TO JANKEES and ferondoe: Do you have some texture sets that you previewed earlier but have not yet released? I'm trying hard to keep up with whats already been done and not step on any toes as I'm about to finalize about 1/2 dozen or so more repaints for the GOLD release.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,
I have another texture in WOP that's all.
Marty

Duckie
January 28th, 2018, 14:42
Hi Steve,
I have another texture in WOP that's all.
Marty

Hi Marty. Thanks very much for the reply.

Steve

MustangL2W
January 28th, 2018, 16:57
Sure, which one are you after?

"Milk Run Special" is the same Bomb Group... but Different Squadron. Really hard to find good pictures of the B-26's in this Group.

MZee1960
January 29th, 2018, 13:27
"Milk Run Special" is the same Bomb Group... but Different Squadron. Really hard to find good pictures of the B-26's in this Group.

Some more pics here : http://www.one16thtiger.com/C_B%201_48_B26B.html

Duckie
January 30th, 2018, 09:18
Ignor the wings for now, but here's my first ALL metal B-26, Countess II

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/31/-2018-jan-30-037.jpg

ZsoltB
January 30th, 2018, 09:28
[QUOTE=Duckie;1124315]Ignor the wings for now, but here's my first ALL metal B-26, Countess II

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/31/-2018-jan-30-037.jpg[/QUOT

Hello,

How do I remove the crews?

Zsolt

Milton Shupe
January 30th, 2018, 09:37
Hello,

How do I remove the crews?

Zsolt

Set Parking Brake; Turn off the battery switch.

EDIT: On Beta v1.3, that may or may not work. Corrected in Beta V1.4 which Duckie has.

Milton Shupe
January 30th, 2018, 09:46
Ignor the wings for now, but here's my first ALL metal B-26, Countess II

Duckie, looks like you found the "sweet spot" for in theater bare metal. Well done Sir! :applause:

Butcherbird17
January 30th, 2018, 09:50
Looking good Duckie. I already did Countess II I just didn't upload it as I was waiting on final release of the B-26 package. But I'll keep it
on my drive and add yours to my hanger when you do upload. I do have 2 more all metal birds just about done and they would be
"Hey Maker" and "Centenarian". The latter I am looking for a usable image for the nose art as the only ones I could find are to small
and scaling them up distorts the image to bad to use it. I do have some pics of Hey Maker in the FSX screenshot thread here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/55148-FSX-Screenshots-Here!!/page469 (post 11720).
They also show off my newer JYAI B-26 textures for Matching Green.

Countess II pics here (post 361) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105202-B26B-FSX-Native-Marauder-Painters-Release-Beta-1-0/page15
Looking forward to yours.

Joe

Duckie
January 30th, 2018, 10:35
Looking good Duckie. I already did Countess II I just didn't upload it as I was waiting on final release of the B-26 package. But I'll keep it
on my drive and add yours to my hanger when you do upload. I do have 2 more all metal birds just about done and they would be
"Hey Maker" and "Centenarian". The latter I am looking for a usable image for the nose art as the only ones I could find are to small
and scaling them up distorts the image to bad to use it. I do have some pics of Hey Maker in the FSX screenshot thread here:
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/55148-FSX-Screenshots-Here!!/page469 (post 11720).
They also show off my newer JYAI B-26 textures for Matching Green.

Countess II pics here (post 361) http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/105202-B26B-FSX-Native-Marauder-Painters-Release-Beta-1-0/page15
Looking forward to yours.

Joe

OOPS! My apologies Joe. I don't know how I missed yours. I thought I combed over the 2 threads pretty good. I was trying real hard not to duplicate anyone's work. With a model as popular as this one and with tons of reference materials I guess it was bound to happen. I've started a coulple of this bird but before I could finish someone beat me to it! Think I'll start putting out "place holders". :biggrin-new:

But, please don't hold yours back. Variety is the spice of life, after all. Put it out there. It would be a great example of how 2 different artists interpret the same subject.

It's all good.

Steve

Edit: Also, looks like yours will have full invasion stripes. Mine will have the top side stripes painted over!

Butcherbird17
January 30th, 2018, 11:04
It's all good Steve. As you said Variety is the spice of life. I'll wait till the final version is released before I upload mine.
Mine are also a little more polished but that might also be those pics are taken in P3Dv4, I haven't checked them in
FSX yet. Here are a couple pics of Centenarian without nose art as I'm still looking for a good image of it to use, if you
or anybody else happens to come across one that would work please let me know.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/31/2018-1-30_14-45-49-6.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/01/31/2018-1-30_14-46-34-470.jpg

Joe

MZee1960
January 30th, 2018, 11:20
Beautiful works of art, Joe !
I love the shine on those aluminum skins.
Variety is indeed the spice of life, and these 'airshow paints' will be a nice addition to the pool of repaints already put out by all the talented painters here at SOH for this fine bird.

adiazcay
January 30th, 2018, 11:46
All your repaints are terrific, I love some of them. Have you plans to make FS9 versions?

If not, may I ask your permission to post some of them for FS9? Of course, keeping your copyrights, legal stuff, acknowledgements...

Regards

Butcherbird17
January 30th, 2018, 16:44
All your repaints are terrific, I love some of them. Have you plans to make FS9 versions?

If not, may I ask your permission to post some of them for FS9? Of course, keeping your copyrights, legal stuff, acknowledgements...

Regards

When I release mine your more than welcome to convert the textures for fs9. You may need to work on the alpha as they are for
FSX/P3D. I would check in fs9 but I don't have it install anymore.

Joe

ZsoltB
January 31st, 2018, 07:57
Set Parking Brake; Turn off the battery switch.

EDIT: On Beta v1.3, that may or may not work. Corrected in Beta V1.4 which Duckie has.

Unfortunately nothing happens!

Any idea?

Milton Shupe
January 31st, 2018, 08:27
Unfortunately nothing happens!

Any idea?

Yes, wait for the Final "Gold" Release coming your way "soon".

Butcherbird17
February 2nd, 2018, 07:12
Found a decent B&W photo of Centenarian's nose art and then set to work to hand draw it. Not the best I can do
but I think it came out pretty good.

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/02/03/2018-2-2_10-42-11-813.jpg

http://www.fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/02/03/2018-2-2_10-53-9-267.jpg

Joe

Milton Shupe
February 2nd, 2018, 07:27
I agree Joe; great work there. Bare metal looks perfect too. :applause:

Butcherbird17
February 2nd, 2018, 08:04
Thanks Milton. I think I found a pretty good sweet spot for my used metal look.

Joe

jankees
February 2nd, 2018, 08:30
Jankees, anymore from the 596th BS/ 397th BG that could be done?? "DeeFeater" is really beautiful. She needs a Squadron Mate!

How's this?
http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/02/02/jk1838.jpg
not 100% sure about the noseart, but looks nice, doesn't it?

jankees
February 3rd, 2018, 01:41
spot the difference with my previous camo paints?

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/images/2018/02/03/jk1871.jpg

Milton Shupe
February 4th, 2018, 10:02
I am going to have this thread closed now so all new posts can be put in the Gold Release thread to end some confusion.

Thanks