PDA

View Full Version : Decision time...

Rami
February 14th, 2009, 11:36
To all,

Regarding locations outside of the Mediterranean, would you prefer the Akemi Spitfire Mk. Vb or Bruno's model? Akemi's model already has a bunch of camo skins for RAF use, and certainly is not a bad model. For campaigns in the Med that I'll be overhauling, I will of course be using Bruno's trop / non-trop models.

If I use Bruno's model, we'll need some new skins (RAF and Russian)

kelticheart
February 16th, 2009, 00:33
To all,

Regarding locations outside of the Mediterranean, would you prefer the Akemi Spitfire Mk. Vb or Bruno's model? Akemi's model already has a bunch of camo skins for RAF use, and certainly is not a bad model. For campaigns in the Med that I'll be overhauling, I will of course be using Bruno's trop / non-trop models.

If I use Bruno's model, we'll need some new skins (RAF and Russian)

Which one gets the best FPS? Use the most efficient one, so that you can place more aircrafts in the air with no performance degradation....

....or use Brunosk's, so that WE can get more skins....:d

Cheers!
KH :ernae:

dog1
February 16th, 2009, 02:02
i made a request to Bruno long time ago when he was developing the trop model requested the file for non trop radiator as well to use in across the channel raids. i think morton was working on that but not sure,maybe tyou can ask sopwith camaleon as well.
dog1

miamieagle
February 16th, 2009, 04:17
They are both fine Models but if I where you I would use Akemi's model since it already has a bunch of camo skins for RAF use.:wiggle:

Rami
February 16th, 2009, 04:19
I will keep these under advisement. We're still a ways from there, but with the bases I got yesterday, we took a MAJOR leap forward.

gavinc
February 16th, 2009, 04:33
If your concern is for reasonably accurate skins (ie something that looks like it belongs in the area your campaign is for) then my vote would be for the YAS Mk V.

Including both the tropical and non tropical variants I counted 26 paint schemes in my YAS Mk V folder.

However for shear "man this is a gas"itude Bruno's Spitfire is hard to beat.

Gavin

hewman100
February 17th, 2009, 02:01
As we have the trop and non-trop Bruno,(and even possibility of an early Seafire from the same stable down the line) I'd suggest this for the player aircraft and use one of the other two for AI?

Let's face it, we all really want some more skins for Brunos masterpieces:gossip:

Rami
February 17th, 2009, 03:42
Hewman100,

I'm in that camp too, but I'll go either way.

Rami
March 3rd, 2009, 11:50
To all,

I have decided to go with Bruno's non-tropical Spits outside of the Mediterranean. RobH has done a Russian repaint, as well as some British skins.

I have updated the Continuation War campaign on my site to utilize Brunosk's Spitfire V, and also added it to the Kuban Bridgehead campaign, especially now that we have the Crimean repaint.

However, if you find framerate issues with Brunosk's model, you are free to swap in Akemi's model, she does not dissapoint.