PDA

View Full Version : Any Static Carriers Included in LM P3D v3.4 and/or v4.1?

mikewmac
January 4th, 2018, 05:16
MS FSX Acceleration included 5 static carriers at various locations. By any chance does LM P3D v3.4 and/or especially v4.1 include some also and if so does anyone know where they are located?

Thanks

Daube
January 4th, 2018, 05:54
If I remember correctly, the static carriers were quite bad models... why are you looking for them ?
AICarriers.NET is the perfect solution, together with Javier's Nimitz.

mikewmac
January 4th, 2018, 06:21
If I remember correctly, the static carriers were quite bad models... why are you looking for them ?
AICarriers.NET is the perfect solution, together with Javier's Nimitz.

We need a static carrier to beta test some MAIW Aircraft in P3D v4. Until SimWorks Studios perfects and releases their software for operating AI aircraft from moving carriers, using static carriers for beta testing is the only option available.

expat
January 4th, 2018, 08:16
I have the old Alphasim Big E static carrier on Yankee Station off Vietnam in v4 with AI doing touch and goes. Looks and works well.

strykerpsg
January 4th, 2018, 16:44
We need a static carrier to beta test some MAIW Aircraft in P3D v4.

Ohhhh? Excited to see that comment. Will they be available to all or is this your personal testing and modding?

mikewmac
January 6th, 2018, 07:29
I have the old Alphasim Big E static carrier on Yankee Station off Vietnam in v4 with AI doing touch and goes. Looks and works well.

I only have the original FS9 AlphaSim Big E and you obviously are using the FSX version which I don't have.

Ohhhh? Excited to see that comment. Will they be available to all or is this your personal testing and modding?

I wouldn't get too excited. As you probably know MAIW is still primarily focused on creating AI aircraft, scenery, etc. for FS9. That said there is a growing interest in AI aircraft and scenery for FSX and P3D v3/4. For example John Young develops both FS9 and native FSX models for almost all of his creations. In addition Gavin Cole, Graham Eccleston and Tony Rodriguez have converted the HTAI F-16 C & D models, the various HTAI C-130 models and the various JAI P-3 models to native FSX models. There is lot of discussion at MAIW about more FSX native AI aircraft conversions, but so far not too much activity due to the large amount of work involved.

evvatc
January 6th, 2018, 08:26
I believe there is a static carrier at NS Norfolk and one at North Island. Both appeared moored at the docks, I’m not sure if that is what you’re looking for or carriers in open water?

Gregory Paul
January 6th, 2018, 18:11
Try San Diego it should have one

mikewmac
January 7th, 2018, 01:08
Thanks,

I found those two docked static carriers, but have yet to find any offshore static carriers or any readily available addon ones.

Gregory Paul
January 7th, 2018, 16:24
Thanks,

I found those two docked static carriers, but have yet to find any offshore static carriers or any readily available addon ones.

Try San Francisco. It has one i few miles offshore just a few miles from the Golden gate bridge in Prepar3D V4 and FSX.

mikewmac
January 8th, 2018, 11:12
Try San Francisco. It has one i few miles offshore just a few miles from the Golden gate bridge in Prepar3D V4 and FSX.

Thanks Greg,

That was a bit of a surprise to find the USS Kitty Hawk (CVN-63) in P3D v3.5 and v4.1. It's a pretty basic model, but certainly should be usable for some AI takeoff and landing tests once a carrier airport with a hardened deck and an ocean flatten are created.