PDA

View Full Version : Working with DXT files

jmig
January 3rd, 2018, 15:56
My Photoshop CC no longer works with the Nividia addons for DXT files. Those of you who do repaints and scenery file conversions. What are you using? It was so easy to just open and save the files in Photoshop.

jankees
January 3rd, 2018, 22:51
I use photoshop cs6 with psd files, and save them as bmp's, which I then convert to dds with dxtbmp

roger-wilco-66
January 3rd, 2018, 23:05
What version are you working with? I have PS CC 2018 on Win10. Works flawless with the Nvidia plugins. I also use DXTBMP, mainly when I work with alpha-channels.

Cheers,
Mark

jeansy
January 4th, 2018, 00:31
the problem with and even the latest version of dxtbmp it pixelates files 2048 res and above

I only use to it decomplie files nvidia tools is the way to go

jmig
January 4th, 2018, 05:04
What version are you working with? I have PS CC 2018 on Win10. Works flawless with the Nvidia plugins. I also use DXTBMP, mainly when I work with alpha-channels.

Cheers,
Mark

I have the subscription version of Photoshhop/Lightroom 64bit. Every time I attempt to use the Nvidia plugins PS crashes to desktop. If I try to load a DXT file into PS, I get a message that it had an incorrect ending and will not load. Going on Adobe's website I couldn't find any guidance. Nividia's website show that they seem to have quit working on the plugin back in 2012 or 2013.

roger-wilco-66
January 4th, 2018, 08:23
Same here, subscription. Where did you install PS and the plugin? Maybe it's a UAC thing.
It's definitely working here, I use it almost every day. I'd be lost without it.

Any entries in the windows event logs? Did you try to deinstall the nividia plugin and re-install it as admin?

Cheers,
Mark

jmig
January 4th, 2018, 11:31
Same here, subscription. Where did you install PS and the plugin? Maybe it's a UAC thing.
It's definitely working here, I use it almost every day. I'd be lost without it.

Any entries in the windows event logs? Did you try to deinstall the nividia plugin and re-install it as admin?

Cheers,
Mark

I will try and reinstall. It has been there for several updates.

jmig
January 4th, 2018, 15:45
I got it working. I went back and downloaded the 64 bit plugin and reinstalled. It worked. I also received a reply from the Adobe site about a set of plugins by Intel which seem to do much the same. Here is a link to the Intel download site: https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-texture-works-plugin