PDA

View Full Version : Just for fun

Daveroo
January 3rd, 2018, 09:35
i know this isnt P3Dv4,sue me,but i spoke to Bud Anderson last week,wished him a merry christmas,he was sure to tell me he is turning 96 on jan 13th,thought id post this and if any of you want to wish him a bday thingy id print them and send them on to him.
hes not doing to good according to his son,but he sounded fine to me,he doesn't drive any longer,at age 95 i think thats a good thing,Bud agreed,lol.but he still gets over to wings several times a month for breakfast or lunch,and he is still traveling to air shows etc,he had been in Hawaii for the dec 7th remembrance.he said he still plans on going to oshkosh and even europe next season,but his son said most likely not...as i said though he sounds very good and chipper.was telling me jokes and told me a staory about some guy he met in Hawaii he wasnt to thrilled with,but was funny.i wont repete it because i want there,ya know?..anyway..:encouragement:

expat
January 4th, 2018, 08:21
Any mention by Bud of his old pal Chuck Yeager?

roger-wilco-66
January 4th, 2018, 08:48
I'm grateful to have had the chance to be in the presence of this man (also Bob Hoover) in Oshkosh 2016. I have his book, signed by him. Both were talking to the crowd at the warbird alley, and told some great stories! Wonderful memories.

Cheers,
Mark

DennyA
January 4th, 2018, 10:36
I met Bud back in the 90s when he was consulting on a flight sim and I was doing the sim column for CGW. (Jane's WW2 Fighters, I think.) Really nice guy with great stories! (Not to mention an awesome pilot.)

If you send something, please include this:
"Bud, we had a memorable meeting back in the 90s when you were consulting on flight simulation games that sticks with me to this day! I hope you have a wonderful birthday. Best, Denny Atkin"

Daveroo
January 4th, 2018, 11:00
will include this.

Daveroo
January 4th, 2018, 11:03
Any mention by Bud of his old pal Chuck Yeager?

he and yeager dont speak anymore,im ashamed to say this,but Yeagers new wife let him know that he wasnt to be friends with anyone from his past,and he agreed,last time i spoke to Bud about yeager,he said nothing has changed and he wouldnt try to contact him anymore,buds the sort of person he wont play games,he had tried to contact him with no response for many times,,,he was just done..

expat
January 4th, 2018, 11:13
That is a shame. Here are two surviving WWII pilots who not only fought together over 70 years ago - not many of these guys left today - BUT they also are both today famous ace pilots to boot.