PDA

View Full Version : Lazarus ports under P3D V4?

DennyA
January 1st, 2018, 23:26
Was just poking around the FSX library and noticed that Lazarus has updated a number of cool planes -- C-123, Helldiver, etc. -- to work under FSX.

Anyone know if these ports will work okay under P3D V4.1? Just figured I'd ask before going through the install process, etc.

Wasn't sure if the portover process introduced complications, or if the panels were P3D-compatible.

expat
January 2nd, 2018, 02:34
Anyone know if these ports will work okay under P3D V4.1? Just figured I'd ask before going through the install process, etc.

Yes, most, but not all. Don't think Laz has P3Dv4 though, SO, the same principle applies: if it is not a native FSX model it will be a no-show BUT if it is but there are any 32 bit dll's or .gau files, that will crash the sim. I appreciate his efforts on converting a number of older, e.g., Alphasim planes to fsx models as P3Dv4 is woefully lacking many particularly military AI aircraft and many of his conversions can be used as AI to fill these gaps. But be on the lookout - I have his Helldiver but it crashes the sim due to some 32 bit gauges I suspect. I will eventually use the model though as AI - no panel or sound needed - in my PTO/Solomons environment.

DennyA
January 3rd, 2018, 08:36
Thanks, @expat. I'll check them for DLL files before installing. Good to know some of them are possibly compatible!