PDA

View Full Version : DH.88 Comet FSX Conversion

magoo
December 31st, 2017, 11:13
Specifically, I'm looking for Craig Richardson's FSX native conversion of the default FS9 Comet. His website, Classic Wings/ Rara-Avis has gone.

Anybody have a healthy copy of this file archived, willing to pass on a copy?

mattcurry
December 31st, 2017, 11:46
I *think* I have managed to attach the 'airplane' folder. No effects, but these should be stock. 56709

I'm sad that the site there is gone, not one I checked often, but glad I found it. The Jeannin Taube is probably my favourite low and slow aeroplane just because it is so underpowered it feels so realistic.

Matt

magoo
December 31st, 2017, 12:56
Hi Matt,

Thank you for the files.

I had downloaded Craig's DH88 base pack years ago, and only pulled it up now, to find it was corrupted.

Now I've loaded your files up to the sim for a look. The plane displays mostly okay, but the glass panels have the anomaly of background clouds & trees breaking through the surface texture. It's typical of another FS9/FSX Comet conversion that's kicking around the internet.. (D.Grindele).

I thought Craig's conversion might have addressed the issue. (I am running "Acceleration" and "DX10 Fixer"....maybe that's the deal breaker.....)

He has a later pack that expands his initial conversion, featuring updated mdl's for a French and Australian aircraft. I have that file in good shape; The transparency problems are fixed, but he's reversed the prop rotation. Not a big issue if you don't watch too closely at startup/shutdown.....and deal with the reversed swing on take off without getting emotional.....

Ahhh...we can't always get what we want.....but we fly what we need.....(eh?)

Your kind provision much appreciated, Sir!

mattcurry
December 31st, 2017, 13:44
Ah, I think you're right. I'm sure that file came from Craig's site, but that would have been a long time ago and I know there was a newer version which I didn't download. I hope you manage to find it. He did conversions of all the FS9 aircraft as I recall, at least the vintage ones.

Roger
December 31st, 2017, 13:55
I have it so pm me with your e-mail address if you still need it.

magoo
December 31st, 2017, 16:04
Problem solved!!

Roger & Mattcurry, thanks for your kind help, it's most appreciated.

Happy New Year to all!!

Anthin
December 31st, 2017, 23:33
Roger.You beat me to it. Really glad for
you Magoo.

Anthin.:encouragement: