PDA

View Full Version : Aerosoft Seahawk/Jayhawk

hawkdriver
December 30th, 2017, 11:02
From the knowledge base here at SOH, does anybody know whether or not the tailwheel on the Aerosoft sea/jay hawk (SH-60B) is functional in FSX? I've been trying to unlock it to swivel, castor, turn or something. Had this aircraft for a number of years and it just looks odd when turning and the tailwheel just slides along. Have messed with the contact points in the acft cfg, but no change. Aircraft came from the Aerosoft Navy Hawks X. Hawkdriver (real world)

Bjoern
December 30th, 2017, 11:45
Load the exterior model into ModelConverterX and see if the tailwheel has a rotation animation (see if it rotates when you drag the animation slider). If it doesn't, there's no way to get it to (visibly) rotate.

Seahawk72s
December 30th, 2017, 11:52
Load the exterior model into ModelConverterX and see if the tailwheel has a rotation animation (see if it rotates when you drag the animation slider). If it doesn't, there's no way to get it to (visibly) rotate.

It looks like the only animation is that the tailwheel retracts.

Bjoern
December 30th, 2017, 11:54
Well, that clears up the matter then and puts any resove into Aerosoft's domain.

jmbiii
December 30th, 2017, 11:57
The rear wheels rotate but do not swivel.
I guess you just have to taxi straight ahead or hover taxi. :biggrin-new:
We always locked the tailwheel just before takeoff. Also broken many tailwheel locking pins upon landing and forgetting to unlock. :sorrow:

MrZippy
December 30th, 2017, 12:23
Just looking through the checklist for this helo, it says under Pre-Start Checks to LOCK the tail wheel and then under Taxi Checklist to UNLOCK the tail wheel. I would guess that there is a lever to perform this function in the cockpit.

Not sure if the tail wheel lock prevents the wheel from rolling or swiveling?

hawkdriver
December 31st, 2017, 04:35
Thanks for the responses. Guess this won't happen. Yes, there is a switch on the right side center console for the tailwheel. Switch moves but no corresponding action on the wheel. Apparently this was never an issue that was brought to Aerosoft. And yes in RW, we lock the tailwheel for departure and unlock after landing to taxi, much easier than a hover/taxi. Hawkdriver