PDA

View Full Version : Voicepack editing...

Bjoern
February 14th, 2009, 09:41
To the AI traffic fanatics among us, have you managed to add new airline/aircraft callsigns to the FSX voicepack?

I've updated mine with Editvoicepack 4, but since it's "just" a preview version, you can't add third party callsigns dowloaded from Avsim, etc...

Is there a way to add custom callsigns to the FSX voicepack or do I have to port over an updated, modified FS9 one?
This isn't the best solution, since, as far as I know, the voicepacks are naturally slightly different from each other, which could turn out pretty ugly in one's ears when flying.

So...any magic tricks?

GypsyBaron
February 14th, 2009, 10:02
To the AI traffic fanatics among us, have you managed to add new airline/aircraft callsigns to the FSX voicepack?

I've updated mine with Editvoicepack 4, but since it's "just" a preview version, you can't add third party callsigns dowloaded from Avsim, etc...

Is there a way to add custom callsigns to the FSX voicepack or do I have to port over an updated, modified FS9 one?
This isn't the best solution, since, as far as I know, the voicepacks are naturally slightly different from each other, which could turn out pretty ugly in one's ears when flying.

So...any magic tricks?

I just use the FS9 version of EditVoicePack and then replace
the USEnglishBig.gvp file in the FSX Sound\ATC folder
with the one created by the FS9 version of EVP.

There may be some differences/ommisions between the
two versions but at least by using the FS9 version of EVP you
can correct and\or add any differences.

My current gvp file is 467,242 kb in size. Substantially
larger than the default FSX file....

Paul

Bjoern
February 14th, 2009, 11:18
You're simply using EditVoicepack 3.1 on the default FSX Voicepack?
EVP 3.1 always gives me an error and closes while trying this.

Or have I misunderstoof something about your post?

GypsyBaron
February 14th, 2009, 12:01
You're simply using EditVoicepack 3.1 on the default FSX Voicepack?
EVP 3.1 always gives me an error and closes while trying this.

Or have I misunderstoof something about your post?

No, I replaced the default FSX voicepack with the FS9 voicepack.
I then edit THAT voicepack. Otherwise you are stuck with
an un-editable voicepack, unfortunately.

Paul

Bjoern
February 15th, 2009, 08:52
Ah, now I see!

Alright, looks like I've got to find my FS9 CDs again...

guzler
February 15th, 2009, 13:22
Can you just swap a voice pack with another or does it root through your aircraft folder to detect what is in there ?
If so, has anyone got one I can have ?

I tried installing edit voice pack, but it says I need net 1.1 installed and directs me to the website even though I have net 2 installed. This seems a bit over my head

Dangerous Beans
February 15th, 2009, 13:34
net2 isnt an update of net1.1 there seperate installs, same with net3 and I think 3.5.

If you keep your OS uptodate as you should through Windows update they should already be installed.

guzler
February 15th, 2009, 13:48
OK, I wasn't aware. The install wasn't detecting net 1. My AI planes still fly and talk to air traffic, so I am not desperate to do this.