PDA

View Full Version : Simconnect into v4.1

LouP
December 27th, 2017, 16:33
Is there anyone else that has had trouble installing simconnect into P3D v4.1? I've installed, uninstalled, re-installed, repaired but it will not install. Where should I be seeing the simconnect.dll?

Thanks,
LouP

manfredc3
December 27th, 2017, 16:47
Hello LouP,

You do not install simconnect in to P3Dv4. The msi installer is to be run on the client pc.

So, can you be more specific on what is not working?

Here is a link to a tutorial on how to set op simconnect: http://hifisupport.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/6/8/instructions-for-networked-configuration-with-simconnect

I have FSCommander as well as Plan-G communicating with P3Dv4.1 through simconnect without any issues.

LouP
December 27th, 2017, 16:53
Hi,

I am having simconnect issues with my A2A Cherokee 180 (basically everything is broken and can't be repaired) so I was looking for the simconnect files in the program and did not see them anywhere.

LouP

manfredc3
December 27th, 2017, 17:09
There is no simconnect file in the P3Dv4 folder.

You should have a simconnect.ini file in documents\P3Dv4 files.
But I doubt that it is required for any A2A aircraft to work. I currently do not have any of their aircraft for P3Dv4, Mine are all FSX versions, and I know that they do not​ require the simconnect.ini file.

Are you in stalling the actual P3Dv4 version of the Cherokee? If so, have you asked for support on the A2A forum?

LouP
December 27th, 2017, 18:54
Hi Manfred,

Thanks for the info. I am working with A2A and they are telling me my problem is a simconnect issue but now I am wondering if that's true. I just got out of p3d and realized I was using several add-ons that require simconnect and they are fine. Yes this is the P3D v4 version of the 180. It worked ok before the Accusim update to correct the steering in 4.1. BTW, thanks for the freeware, you do great work.

LouP

awstub
December 27th, 2017, 20:08
I had a simconnect issue that prevented TrackIR5 from working. I installed the P3Dv4.1 SDK and it fixed it.
Might be worth trying in your case.

Hi Manfred,

Thanks for the info. I am working with A2A and they are telling me my problem is a simconnect issue but now I am wondering if that's true. I just got out of p3d and realized I was using several add-ons that require simconnect and they are fine. Yes this is the P3D v4 version of the 180. It worked ok before the Accusim update to correct the steering in 4.1. BTW, thanks for the freeware, you do great work.

LouP

manfredc3
December 27th, 2017, 20:33
Hi Manfred,

LouP

You are very welcome. Can you do a roll-back of Accusim to see if that fixes your issue? That might help A2A on finding the cause of your issue, and hopefully a resolution with their next update.

And I am not the person who creates those great freeware airplanes, we just share the same first name:santahat:

LouP
December 28th, 2017, 12:04
Hi, I've done about three uninstalls and reinstalls and it breaks with the accusim update that is supposed to fix the steering issue in p3d v4.1

LouP

manfredc3
December 28th, 2017, 15:29
Then it is clearly related to the accu-sim update. But what you might also want to try, is run a P3Dv4 repair through it's installer. If there is something with the simconnect that interferes with the Accu-Sim update, t hen that should eliminate that.