PDA

View Full Version : IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold: Missing Manual...

Manschy
December 27th, 2017, 01:59
Hi,

regarding Christmas and an offer of 50% off, I bought the FSX IRIS A-10 Warthog Gold for 13 Euro. Fair deal, the aircraft seems to work properly in P3Dv4 also. But really annoying, the bird has no manual in the download included. There's been a .exe-file only, no additional folders except for a paintkit one after installation. So I really miss a manual.
Does anybody maybe own the A-10 as well and could help me, please?

hschuit
December 27th, 2017, 02:10
Manfred, I have sent you a PM.

Henk.

Manschy
December 27th, 2017, 02:21
"Thank Henk, it's Christmas" (Like this song :very_drunk: )

erican2
December 27th, 2017, 04:39
Irissimulations places the aircraft manuals in folders in the main fsx folder not sure about P3d.

Manschy
December 27th, 2017, 13:30
thank you, Erican. That's where I found the Paintkit only. I also have the Iris Avro Vulcan that placed a folder there but with the subfolder of manual and reference. Same with the freewares F-20 Tigershark and P-40E Kittyhawk. But A-10 unfortunately only Paintkit. Manual folder is missing... Thanks again Henk...

mikewmac
December 28th, 2017, 07:26
thank you, Erican. That's where I found the Paintkit only. I also have the Iris Avro Vulcan that placed a folder there but with the subfolder of manual and reference. Same with the freewares F-20 Tigershark and P-40E Kittyhawk. But A-10 unfortunately only Paintkit. Manual folder is missing... Thanks again Henk...

Manschy,

That was my experience also. Only the paintkit and no manual in the Warthog Driver folder.

robertd903
February 2nd, 2018, 08:34
With the current trend of flight simulation manufacturers, producing simulators, SANS the key commands, I thought that I'd help the next simmer by supplying the key commands for WARTHOG DRIVER:
(All credit goes to http://web.archive.org/web/20150412194504/http://wiki.irissimulations.com.au/index.php?title=Warthog_Driver. Very,very,very,very,very,very much appreciated!!!!!)

9.8 - Keyboard Commands
TacPack and Panel commands
SHIFT + CTRL + C - Trigger Keypress.
SHIFT + CTRL + V - Pickle Keypress.
SHIFT + CTRL + M - Turn keyboard mode on/off.
SHIFT + CTRL + N - Turn on NVGs.
Shift+3 = Stores Management Page
Shift+4 = Station Selection Page
Shift + CTRL + W - Re-arm Aircraft

RWR Commands
F - Flare Release Consent
C - Chaff Release Consent
J - Jammer Xmit Toggle / Also mapped to switch, requires Jammer Power and Jammer to be on the Aircraft for it to work.
SHIFT + CTRL + P - Turn Pave Penny ON/OFF

Stores and Station Selection Commands
Ctrl + A or the switch in the cockpit will turn the Master arm from SAFE to ARMED.
If Master Arm is not set to safe and the Gun Safe switch is not set to safe then:
Trigger - will fire the GAU-8 so long as there is ammunition and the weapon has not taken significant damage.
If Master Arm is not set to safe, Equipment power is On and a store is selected.
Pickle - Will attempt to cycle and drop current wing stores.
DELETE - When carrying a Targeting pod commands laser to fire.
SHIFT + DELETE - Turn laser off..
CTRL + J - Jettison currently selected station store.
SHIFT + CTRL + J - Emergency Jettison all Stores
HUD AND SENSOR OF INTEREST (SOI) COMMANDS
CTRL + U - Cage/Uncage the HUD.
SHIFT + C - Step through Bomb modes. (Manual/CCIP)
SHIFT + UP/DOWN - Adjust Gunsight up/down in WD1, Adjust Gun or Rocket Range in WD2/EXP
SHIFT + LEFT - Gun Primary on sight
SHIFT + RIGHT - Rockets Primary on Sight.
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT - Move Sensor of Interest in direction.
SHIFT+CTRL+UP - HUD to Primary SOI.
SHIFT+CTRL+RIGHT - PavePenny Primary SOI (Note this is the same Laser Tracking features as the targeting pod and will
default to using the targeting pod when available)
SHIFT+CTRL+LEFT - Targeting Pod/Mav Primary SOI.
SHIFT+CTRL+DOWN - Drop All SOI's.

HUD PRIMARY SOI:
CTRL+UP - DESIGNATE, passes current HUD-TGT position to LASER and Centers FLIR on HUD TGT as well as ground lock position.
CTRL+DOWN - UNDESIGNATE, Returns HUD-TGT position to boresight.

FLIR PRIMARY SOI:
CTRL+UP - First hit will allow slew, second hit will ground stabilize, third hit will designate fourth will start lasing.
CTRL+DOWN - Reverse of Up.
CTRL+RIGHT - Zoom FLIR in
CTRL+LEFT - Zoon FLIR Out

Now, hopefully you can enjoy your flight experience!

PhantomP
February 2nd, 2018, 09:36
I am also missing the Warthog gold manual too from Iris after purchasing it,can somebody please link me a copy?Thanks

dummy_74
February 5th, 2018, 01:56
Same here. If someone would be so kind to send me the manual that would be very much appreciated:jump:

Edwin

edakridge
February 5th, 2018, 03:45
As far as I know there was never a manual produced. There was a Wiki and the link to it is in a reply above this. The one with the keyboard commands.

thefrog
February 5th, 2018, 04:13
There was a very good pdf manual for the Iris A-10 because I've got one in the root folder - labelled IRIS Platinum Series. I don't know what Warthog Gold is - maybe it's a newer installer?

Victory103
February 5th, 2018, 16:29
As far as I know there was never a manual produced. There was a Wiki and the link to it is in a reply above this. The one with the keyboard commands.

Beta tested and never saw a manual ship besides the wiki and couple of 'Tube vids.

MZee1960
May 4th, 2020, 19:51
With the current trend of flight simulation manufacturers, producing simulators, SANS the key commands, I thought that I'd help the next simmer by supplying the key commands for WARTHOG DRIVER:
(All credit goes to http://web.archive.org/web/20150412194504/http://wiki.irissimulations.com.au/index.php?title=Warthog_Driver. Very,very,very,very,very,very much appreciated!!!!!)

9.8 - Keyboard Commands
TacPack and Panel commands
SHIFT + CTRL + C - Trigger Keypress.
SHIFT + CTRL + V - Pickle Keypress.
SHIFT + CTRL + M - Turn keyboard mode on/off.
SHIFT + CTRL + N - Turn on NVGs.
Shift+3 = Stores Management Page
Shift+4 = Station Selection Page
Shift + CTRL + W - Re-arm Aircraft

RWR Commands
F - Flare Release Consent
C - Chaff Release Consent
J - Jammer Xmit Toggle / Also mapped to switch, requires Jammer Power and Jammer to be on the Aircraft for it to work.
SHIFT + CTRL + P - Turn Pave Penny ON/OFF

Stores and Station Selection Commands
Ctrl + A or the switch in the cockpit will turn the Master arm from SAFE to ARMED.
If Master Arm is not set to safe and the Gun Safe switch is not set to safe then:
Trigger - will fire the GAU-8 so long as there is ammunition and the weapon has not taken significant damage.
If Master Arm is not set to safe, Equipment power is On and a store is selected.
Pickle - Will attempt to cycle and drop current wing stores.
DELETE - When carrying a Targeting pod commands laser to fire.
SHIFT + DELETE - Turn laser off..
CTRL + J - Jettison currently selected station store.
SHIFT + CTRL + J - Emergency Jettison all Stores
HUD AND SENSOR OF INTEREST (SOI) COMMANDS
CTRL + U - Cage/Uncage the HUD.
SHIFT + C - Step through Bomb modes. (Manual/CCIP)
SHIFT + UP/DOWN - Adjust Gunsight up/down in WD1, Adjust Gun or Rocket Range in WD2/EXP
SHIFT + LEFT - Gun Primary on sight
SHIFT + RIGHT - Rockets Primary on Sight.
UP/DOWN/LEFT/RIGHT - Move Sensor of Interest in direction.
SHIFT+CTRL+UP - HUD to Primary SOI.
SHIFT+CTRL+RIGHT - PavePenny Primary SOI (Note this is the same Laser Tracking features as the targeting pod and will
default to using the targeting pod when available)
SHIFT+CTRL+LEFT - Targeting Pod/Mav Primary SOI.
SHIFT+CTRL+DOWN - Drop All SOI's.

HUD PRIMARY SOI:
CTRL+UP - DESIGNATE, passes current HUD-TGT position to LASER and Centers FLIR on HUD TGT as well as ground lock position.
CTRL+DOWN - UNDESIGNATE, Returns HUD-TGT position to boresight.

FLIR PRIMARY SOI:
CTRL+UP - First hit will allow slew, second hit will ground stabilize, third hit will designate fourth will start lasing.
CTRL+DOWN - Reverse of Up.
CTRL+RIGHT - Zoom FLIR in
CTRL+LEFT - Zoon FLIR Out

Now, hopefully you can enjoy your flight experience!

I wonder if this is why I cannot use the keyboard to pan around in the VC ... (4 to turn left, 6 to turn right, 8 to look up, 2 to look down etc...) and external views .. ? :confusion:

There must be a way to reset keyboard commands to their default presets for panning in FSX for non-TacPack users.

downwind
May 5th, 2020, 03:27
Thanks for the heads-up.

Greenhouse357
May 5th, 2020, 04:34
Sometimes, for me, the pilot isn't visible. How do you get him to show up? Thanks in advance.

gastonj
May 5th, 2020, 09:06
Hi,
And without manual they sold that? Did they have buyers? A joke ... I leave it where it is !
JMC

downwind
May 5th, 2020, 09:21
For the uninitiated, an add-on such as TacPac is required to have live weapons on this bird, correct? Note to those who don't know, this A-10 base aircraft is currently free from the publisher. It is quite well done, even without the weapons.

MZee1960
May 5th, 2020, 09:38
I agree. The aircraft is currently free from IRIS and is very, very, well modeled.

I just wish I could somehow figure out how to pan around the VC and exterior views using the keyboard numbers (4 for left, 6 for right, etc .) instead of my joystick's hat switch ?

MZee1960
May 6th, 2020, 10:43
Update :

'SHIFT + CTRL + M' : Turns keyboard mode on/off, and gets you back to 'default' keyboard settings. Have to do this each time AC is loaded, as it defaults back.

Duckie
May 6th, 2020, 11:22
Update :

'SHIFT + CTRL + M' : Turns keyboard mode on/off, and gets you back to 'default' keyboard settings. Have to do this each time AC is loaded, as it defaults back.

Thanks MZee! Good find.

Steve