PDA

View Full Version : Mt. Rainier scenery free

olaf1924
February 14th, 2009, 09:02
I just received a e-mail from pc aviator with a notice for a free download of the mega scenery earth for mt. rainier. downloading now taking around half an hour with high speed internet.

PRB
February 14th, 2009, 09:06
Cool! I just flew over the real one on a trip to Seattle last week. It was the first time I had ever seen it and I was quite impressed.

olaf1924
February 14th, 2009, 09:12
I live thirty miles away and I love that mountain just as much now as thirty years ago.

deimos256
February 14th, 2009, 09:38
hmmm my mailbox is empty, and i cant find anything about it on the website

olaf1924
February 14th, 2009, 09:51
http://www.megasceneryearth.com/freewa.htm try this

Roger
February 14th, 2009, 13:26
Excellent!
Wish I could blur the edges where it meets the default but it is superb, especially for free:ernae:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Rainier.jpg

Roger
February 14th, 2009, 13:32
Closer:engel016:

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y203/rogera/Rainier-2.jpg

Navy Chief
February 14th, 2009, 13:46
This post reminds me.....somewhat off topic. Seems like when I lived in Washington State, there was a "inexpensive" beer called "Rainier". It's nickname, I think, was "Reindeer Beer". Obviously not in the class of Redhook beers, but definitely more affordable......

EgoR64
February 14th, 2009, 13:46
:friday:

Whoosh - Sweet Pics Roger !! :applause:

Cheers !!

EgoR64
February 14th, 2009, 13:52
This post reminds me.....somewhat off topic. Seems like when I lived in Washington State, there was a "inexpensive" beer called "Rainier". It's nickname, I think, was "Reindeer Beer". Obviously not in the class of Redhook beers, but definitely more affordable......

:wavey: Hi NavyChief,

The Rainier Beer Commercials where the Best !! LOL !!

Although I was not a big Fan of the Brew, I loved Watching the Commercials !! :applause:

Many Cheers !! :friday:

Roger
February 14th, 2009, 14:13
Although it was on a "secondary server" it came down at over 700kbs. Great service.
Now for a beer (it's not Rainier but it'll do):ernae:

Marlin
February 15th, 2009, 20:48
Mmmm, Chief, you made my mouth water.

Redhook was some seriously good shhhhtuff:ernae::friday::ernae:

Holy crap, that file is HUGE, 1.1 Gigs

MCDesigns
February 16th, 2009, 06:02
Mmmm, Chief, you made my mouth water.

Redhook was some seriously good shhhhtuff:ernae::friday::ernae:

Holy crap, that file is HUGE, 1.1 Gigs

Can you imagine what the file size would be like if the whole world was in that kinda detail, OMG!

Stunning shots Roger!! :ernae:

limjack
February 16th, 2009, 12:50

Here is one of the comercials that made this beer the talk of the NW for awhile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz-WuLQz_ns

Jim

hey_moe
February 16th, 2009, 13:32
Roger..... those pictures really suck ... can ya post a few more so I can really slobber on my keyboard:costumes::costumes:

jmig
February 16th, 2009, 13:36
Do they still make Olympia beer? We use to get that stuff along with Coors in Thailand back in the early 1970's. I remember once when the Thia government and US government got into a pi$$ing contest over tariffs.

The O-Club ran out of Coors. Olympia was all we could drink. Not that I am knocking the stuff but, we were trying to fight a war here fellows. You can't expect us to fight at our best without good equipment and supplies.

Rumor had it there was a refrigerator ship off the coast full of Coors. We threatened to go on strike if they didn't get the tariff issue settled. About that time someone found out I had never been to jungle survival. So I left for a month long TDY to Guam and Snake School in the Phillipenes. When I returned they were serving Coors. http://sc.webmessenger.msn.com/10.1.0323.0/session/images/emoticons/smile_regular.gif

brettt777
February 16th, 2009, 19:14
OMG I'll have to get this one for sure when I have more time. I grew up looking at Mt. Raineer out my living room window. One of the prettiest mountains in the worl IMO. Also remember many classis raineer commercials over the years.

Marlin
February 18th, 2009, 00:04
Do you remember the Hamms beer commercial, the spoof of the motorcycle one. The bike goes around the corner and gets gobbled up by the beer truck with the bear driving.

Good stuff, thanks for the memories. :wavey:

Donkey
February 20th, 2009, 19:54
Very nice indeed!! I'm on the site now and downloading!! No need for the dl manager it looks like. Getting around 350kb/sec. :)

Puyallup, WA here btw olaf. Cool to see locals on here!

limjack
February 21st, 2009, 21:48
Got it downloaded, thanks olaf!!! Had fun with this one. Spotty went on a hike today in the Rainier wilderness. He got some great shots then we climbed Mt. Rainier but lost are footing and down the glacier we went. Stunning scenery with this free download but make sure you take proper hiking gear if you attempt to climb the MT.

jim

Lionheart
February 22nd, 2009, 00:40
lol.... looks like good fun.

Bill

Donkey
February 23rd, 2009, 18:07
Downloaded it, installed it and did a little Mt Rainier tour myself. Have to say it looks amazing. Tonight I am going to check for the elk head in the mountain (rock formation in the glacier that looks like an elk head from a distance) :). Thanks a lot for this link!!! :ernae:

harleyman
February 23rd, 2009, 18:22
Limjack........................................... WOW...............:woot:

Donkey
February 23rd, 2009, 20:32
Yes, the elk head is definitely there! :) Hope this is visible....