PDA

View Full Version : Viggen and Aviojet

Montie
December 24th, 2017, 12:05
Do they have auto feature or how complicated are they? If somebody knows I would like to know as well.

scotth6
December 25th, 2017, 02:17
Do they have auto feature or how complicated are they? If somebody knows I would like to know as well.

Sorry, don't know specifically. I have the Viggen but haven't got around to loading it up, and I do not have the Aviojet.

What I can say is that every DCS model I have is "pretty much" fully modelled, systems included. They also have training missions so you can work your way through and learn the systems as required. I find working your way through a campaign is also a good way to learn the systems.

Cheers,

Mach3DS
December 25th, 2017, 10:19
I don't own either of those two, BUT....There is scaled difficulty in DCS on the whole, it is on a per aircraft basis. So if you choose to have the "Game" flight model, you can also choose to have all inputs from keyboard and joystick setup for use with that "Game" flight mode. But should you want to switch to "Simulation" mode, you can have a full set of Keyboard and joystick commands ready to go at the flick of a switch. They are completely independent. In "Sim" mode though, the aircraft is full real. 99% of all switches and systems work in every aircraft. So basically, if it actually does something in the real plane, it does the same thing in the DCS version, and is modeled correctly. All aircraft are VRS/PMDG quality.

Mach3DS
December 25th, 2017, 10:23
One really, awesome feature, is the mission scripting...for example, if your aircraft is equipped with a ADF it can pick up radio signals, will you can script for example a vehicle to broadcast a radio signal. You can then tune into that signal and use it for radio navigation. So in the NTTR for example where there is no NDB present, you can create your own for use with the F-86F if you desire! That's how much flexibility there is in this sim and realism.