PDA

View Full Version : Razbam Harrier Issues

IanHenry
December 24th, 2017, 03:09
Hi,
I've recently purchased the Razbam AV8B Harrier and for the most part it's great but I have a couple of questions that I hope someone more knowledgeable may be able to help me with.

Firstly in the Mods-Aircraft-Missions folder there isn't the normal folder structure for placing missions that I've downloaded into, so basically how do I make those missions become available for me to select?

Secondly when I use the Instant Action missions that came with the aircraft, the one named "Take off and Navigation" informs me that I'm missing the F-18 module which is strange because as far as I'm aware the F-18 hasn't even been released yet!
Is this just part of the Harrier being early access?

I've run the aircraft in both versions 2.1 and 1.5 of the sim.

Thanks in advance,
Ian

Stickshaker
December 24th, 2017, 03:22
Hello IanHenry,
I don’t know the answer to the first question (you could try replacing he F/A-18’s by other planes in the Mission Editor), but you can place ‘your’ missions in My Documents ……. DCSopenalpha/missions (or somethink like that).

IanHenry
December 24th, 2017, 04:12
Many thanks for your reply Stickshaker, I'll give that a try.

Regards,
Ian

Phantom88
December 24th, 2017, 05:22
Hello Henry,Is it possible the missions you've downloaded are not for The Harrier but instead for a modified version of The F-18? I know members of the community have made modified versions of The F-15 that "looks" like a hornet.

I usually put my missions in The "Saved Games" folder which is in a totally different drive than my DCS folder,It's the same folder where your screenshots are located.Hope this helps

And A Very Merry Christmas to you:santahat:

IanHenry
December 24th, 2017, 05:38
Hi Phantom,
No the mission that refers to the F-18 is not one that I downloaded, it's one of the training type missions that came with the Harrier module.

Merry Christmas,
Ian

Phantom88
December 24th, 2017, 06:06
Wow....that IS Strange,Do any of The "Instant Action" Harrier missions work? Also,If you are using DCS World 2.2 make sure you have the right map selected,Nevada or Normandy if you only have 1.

IanHenry
December 24th, 2017, 07:45
Yes Phantom, all the other
"Instant Action" missions seem to work. I have both Nevada and Normandy installed but there aren't any Instant Action missions for the Normandy map.

Regards,
Ian

Phantom88
December 24th, 2017, 10:01
It's possible they haven't released any training missions yet,The Harrier is in Early Access Beta and lots of features still need to be added,I won't be able to get to my gaming rig till after Christmas so I can't check,Maybe someone can look and let us know.

IanHenry
December 24th, 2017, 10:49
Thanks Phantom, have a great Christmas.

Ian

Phantom88
December 24th, 2017, 11:12
Thank You Ian,To You as well!:santahat: