PDA

View Full Version : Help with Search Function here

CrisGer
February 14th, 2009, 07:55
I need some help, i have been frustrated repeatedly trying to search for ANYTHING in the resource section with the search button above. it just does not work...or i dont know how to use it :)

ok, i am searching for example for the LD2 by captmercy, i enter that into either the thread or the post section of the search and i get ....zip

i see no seperate search function in the resources section. I have had to restort to trying to find things on Google back here....i would appreciate any help on this, very much. :) i tried the fAQ and any and all guesses and none helped.

Shadow Wolf 07
February 14th, 2009, 08:11
Click on Add-ons (top of the page here) and choose CFS2 Addons. Near the bottom of that page you'll see boxes to enter search info. Choose the author's name drop-down menu and scroll down to captmercy. The engine will automatically take you to a list of his cfs2 uploads. The one Ur looking for is the 3rd one down on pg 1 :ernae:

Jagdflieger
February 14th, 2009, 08:19
Cris,

The search function here is a bit more challenged than Google, but does work if you know its quirks.

For what you need:

1. Go to the top tool bar and select "Add-ons."
2. From the drop down menu, select "CFS 2 Add ons."
3. Scroll to the bottom of the page for the search window.
4. Use the second scroll down window named: Chose Author's Name
5. Scroll down until you fin captmercy and highlight it.

You will end up at this page:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=downloads&FileUploadName=captmercy

You can also search for the file name directly as long as you know it. Ie:

pm_sbd.zip

Searching for that file directly will get you here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?lloc=downloads&loc=downloads&page=info&FileID=13534

The cost of upgrading to a Google style search engine is beyond the finances of the site.

CrisGer
February 14th, 2009, 15:38
OO thanks very much guys, and i love this site. I just hoped to be able to find the great resources here, thanks J so much for all you all do and for the tips, i just needed to know the proceedure. I was tearing hairs and idont have that many left :) thanks again :)

Salute!