PDA

View Full Version : Christmas 2017 is coming

Dangerousdave26
December 20th, 2017, 11:07
And the Christmas Theme is available.

Scroll down the page and look for the Quick Style Chooser.

Select the "xmas" style

I am still working on trying to get the Smashable lights in the theme.

srgalahad
December 20th, 2017, 13:35
After three weeks in the Mexican sun and then having to get up and blow/shovel 8" of fresh snow this morning, I'm not sure how much this is going to add to my depression, but thanks Dave :santahat:

Took a bit to figure out that the snow falls toward the mouse pointer...

MrZippy
December 20th, 2017, 13:49
How about a Festivus for the rest of us! We can have the airing of grievances, feats of strength, and, of course, the aluminum pole!:santahat:

Penzoil3
December 20th, 2017, 15:34
I'm a traditionalist. I still use a wooden Festivus pole! There, that's my grievance! The snow is nice, I remember snow, I can drive up to Flagstaff to visit it if I want to refresh my memory. Chilly today, only 65*...
LOL
Sue

Panther_99FS
December 20th, 2017, 17:08
Feels weird without the notifications from Ickie on this....

Dangerousdave26
December 20th, 2017, 18:53
Yes it does

Blackbird686
December 21st, 2017, 07:29
Feels weird without the notifications from Ickie on this....

I want the breakable Christmas Light Bulbs back..... I really miss that guy.

BB686:US-flag:

PhantomTweak
December 21st, 2017, 12:03
The snow is nice, I remember snow, I can drive up to Flagstaff to visit it if I want to refresh my memory. Chilly today, only 65*...
I grew up in the Bay Area. I saw snow once back in '75, I think it was. Not at Christmas time but still...
I was used to a wet, not white Christmas.
Then I got stationed in the never-to-be sufficiently cursed Yuma, Az. for about 30 years. Hated it, but I had a family to raise, 2.5 acres of property to raise them on, and so on. We actually got snowflakes once, back around '88 or so. Just the flakes fell for about 10 min. Melted on hitting the ground. In Yuma, I had to get used to HOT Christmas. Hated every minute of it too.
Now, the kids are all grown and gone, and I've moved to Oregon. We actually we get WHITE Christmases every year! I don't care if I have to shovel snow in the least. Great excersize. At the very least, it's NOT Yuma. That makes me love it passionately. Besides, this is as close to the Bay as I can afford. I can in no way handle 1 Million for a 1/4 acre piece of bare dirt in Woodside. And that was 11 years back. No way can I even go visit any more...

Merry Christmas to you all, wherever you may be!
Pat☺

Josh Patterson
December 21st, 2017, 14:07
I want the breakable Christmas Light Bulbs back..... I really miss that guy.

BB686:US-flag:

Just head over to www.wheelhorseforum.com if you need a fix. Turn your sound down though!

wombat666
December 21st, 2017, 17:32
Snow?
We get snow in the Mountains at Perisher or Thredbo.
10 minutes walk and we get this!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/997x748q90/r/924/VQeTwk.jpg

And 10 minutes drive from our front door we get this!

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/1126x748q90/r/923/mu7YLr.jpg

:santahat:

manfredc3
December 22nd, 2017, 16:17
Like the Christmas theme, but now it downloads a file named "nite_playlist.m3u any time i click on a link or button. I'm going back to the regular theme

rhumbaflappy
December 23rd, 2017, 05:28
Map of snow in the US:

http://images.intellicast.com/WxImages/CustomGraphic/scover.gif

n4gix
December 23rd, 2017, 06:22
The weather report this morning is calling for snow tomorrow through Christmas Day here in Northwest Indiana. Perhaps 2 to 5 inches over a 35 hour period. Yay! :biggrin-new:

MrZippy
December 23rd, 2017, 08:32
Speaking of snow, this is the only snowy Christmas I have ever had in my "almost" 69 years. These were taken at my sister and brother-in-law's cabin at Serene lakes, Soda Springs, Calif. probably around 1993 or 94. That's my car in the driveway. Thank you 4-wheel drive!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56512&stc=1

Dangerousdave26
December 23rd, 2017, 11:35
Like the Christmas theme, but now it downloads a file named "nite_playlist.m3u any time i click on a link or button. I'm going back to the regular theme

This is actually pretty old code. There is a call out in it to play Christmas Music on the PC. On Internet Explorer it will load a Media Controller in the upper left side of the browser and play the music.

On Firefox (for me) it fails to load any media player because I don't have the plugin installed. It never tries to download the file

In Chrome again I don't have a plugin installed and it looks as if it wants to download the media playlist file. Strange but old code newer browsers.

Naismith
December 23rd, 2017, 11:40
"Festivus"? What is this - another trendy load of bull? This is the first time I ever heard of it. AAaargh I cannot keep up. :dizzy::biggrin-new:

MrZippy
December 23rd, 2017, 12:13
"Festivus"? What is this - another trendy load of bull? This is the first time I ever heard of it. AAaargh I cannot keep up. :dizzy::biggrin-new:

Festivus for the Rest of us! :santahat:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56518&stc=1

Dangerousdave26
December 23rd, 2017, 13:15
Festivus was a Seinfeld creation.

https://youtu.be/HX55AzGku5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX55AzGku5Y

Trying to get the embedded video to work

wombat666
December 23rd, 2017, 18:46

You can get a topical medication for it.
Just keep it away from your Groin.

Daveroo
December 24th, 2017, 10:11
Do you know who built that house (cabin) ? it looks like one of the Auburn Lumber chalet's that we built at ice Lakes ( ok Serene Lakes),the contractor would have been Joe Ferrara Construction.i was a plumber at the time with my dad,we did probably 150+ Chalet's in that area,Ice Lakes,The Cedars ,Soda Springs ( the real one,south east of The Cedars,it was a "resort" in the 1800s,the wealthy from San Francisco and Sacramento would go there to be "healed")Donner lake,Tahoe Donner ,we had to dig down to a third floor balcony in the 1980s to get into the Chalet,there was so much snow that year,chit gets deep up there,theyve been known to get over 600" up there.thats 50 ft yall.BTW did you go for dinner at the lodge on the south side of Serene lakes?...we used to go up there every new years eve,we had a cabin at Pla-vada ,then after dinner we would drive down to the Rainbow lodge and get waisted,and i was in my teens..theyd serve us kids all night long,i know i know,,bad thing but no one ever got hurt,and I80 was normally closed over new years due to heavy snow..lol.

Speaking of snow, this is the only snowy Christmas I have ever had in my "almost" 69 years. These were taken at my sister and brother-in-law's cabin at Serene lakes, Soda Springs, Calif. probably around 1993 or 94. That's my car in the driveway. Thank you 4-wheel drive!

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56512&stc=1

MrZippy
December 24th, 2017, 10:28
Do you know who built that house (cabin) ? it looks like one of the Auburn Lumber chalet's that we built at ice Lakes ( ok Serene Lakes),the contractor would have been Joe Ferrara Construction.i was a plumber at the time with my dad,we did probably 150+ Chalet's in that area,Ice Lakes,The Cedars ,Soda Springs ( the real one,south east of The Cedars,it was a "resort" in the 1800s,the wealthy from San Francisco and Sacramento would go there to be "healed")Donner lake,Tahoe Donner ,we had to dig down to a third floor balcony in the 1980s to get into the Chalet,there was so much snow that year,chit gets deep up there,theyve been known to get over 600" up there.thats 50 ft yall.BTW did you go for dinner at the lodge on the south side of Serene lakes?...we used to go up there every new years eve,we had a cabin at Pla-vada ,then after dinner we would drive down to the Rainbow lodge and get waisted,and i was in my teens..theyd serve us kids all night long,i know i know,,bad thing but no one ever got hurt,and I80 was normally closed over new years due to heavy snow..lol.

Hi, That cabin was built the year before that picture(s) were taken. All I remember is the contractor's first name was Matt. Now, after a quick Google search, his full name was Matt Williams.

Daveroo
December 24th, 2017, 19:21
oh ok,well once Auburn lumber sold,they let the Chalet plans out for anyone,and i hadnt noticed until just now that you sisters place has what appears to be an extension out the side,we didnt do any with that,the outsides of ours were kinda cookie cutter,they all looked the same,but that set of plans were drawnup for that heavy snow load up there,that wet **** weighs a ton,on the main road up to serene lakes,as you get to the top,a road goes off to palasades lake,which is through the cross county ski place,where that road heads west or to the right,up the main road about 100 yards was a home built by a guy out of sacramento,several people told him to revise the plans for the snow load,the coounty was fine with the plans (but got sued later) and after the first really heavy snows,the place fell over,all the snow had accumulated to the south side,which was up hill,and pushed it over like a matchstick house,and two people were inside,we heard it come down,rushed over there,could save one guy but the other one was crushed to death. several houses there and along donner lake have blwon up due to people cutting corners on the propane piping from the tank to the house,it will break off,fill the snow full of propane..and BLAMM!!! when a spark or flame gets in contact,two home blew when the owner flipped the power main to on..minor spark and BOOM

Dangerousdave26
December 25th, 2017, 08:43
You can get a topical medication for it.
Just keep it away from your Groin.

That was a spit take right there. LOL

b52bob
December 26th, 2017, 11:59
Only 364 more days to Christmas. Get your shopping done now!