PDA

View Full Version : Bdp files not generating

Pat Pattle
December 20th, 2017, 04:55
Hi all,

Does anyone know why an aircraft does not generate a .bdp file in use? I can't see anything in particular wrong with the various files within the aircraft folder.

Ta.

Clive

ndicki
December 21st, 2017, 22:51
Does it show up in the menu? Normally, if it doesn't generate a bdp file, it means there is a problem somewhere in the xdp file, and the aircraft won't be available...

Pat Pattle
December 22nd, 2017, 00:53
Yep, everything seems to be working ok, it's the Hampden.

Capt. Winters
December 22nd, 2017, 03:54
Hi Clive,

is it sorted now? I'm seeing bdp files generated with the Hampden's. is it possible for that folder its been set to hide system files? I believe the game will run without bdp files it just takes a lot more PC resources to run the game.

I cant say I have ever seen that in any of the CFS3 work I've done, usually as Nigel says if I stuff something up then it will give the error message about the aircraft, still start the game but the plane is not available for selection. and no bdp file is generated.

let us know how you get on, I am interested to find out what happened.

regards Rob.

Pat Pattle
December 23rd, 2017, 00:10
G'day Rob! Yes probably to do with file types not showing - I think it's yet another Windows 10 issue! I wish I'd never installed it and it's too late to revert back to 7! :(