PDA

View Full Version : Unknown Usio folders

MaskRider
December 18th, 2017, 18:34
Hey guys. I'm cleaning out and makinf a little better sense of my SHIPS folder and ran across thes items.

Anybody know what they are and where they belong? Are they actually ships? Or are they some sort of infrastructure objects?
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56417&stc=1

Thanks,
MR

voyager
December 18th, 2017, 19:27
Maskrider,

It is
infrastructure used for harbor construction. Not sure of everything but it includes breakwater sections, buoys, lighthouses, etc.

voyager

Sarg Willy
December 18th, 2017, 19:28
Im betting they be infoestructure , peres , and decking , light house option,s , the highlighted one I,m not sure

MaskRider
December 18th, 2017, 21:12
Thanks guys.

That's pretty much my conclusion, too. I am guessing that they are infrastructure objects that have a place-able user point of view, like many of Usio's ships have. And that is the reason for the odd set up, as opposed to using the regular SCENEDB\inf route.

Guess if I were really fired up about it, I would load them up in a mission and see whats what. They were all sitting inside a folder I had named "Ships - inactive". Think I will leave them there for now.

Cheers,
MR

Fibber
December 19th, 2017, 08:55
MR, I have them almost all of Usio's great d\l separated by classification (carrier\DD\BB's etc) and have what you have in a "Structures" folder

Ravenna
December 19th, 2017, 16:45
Hi MR,
The Mihari folder contains a watchtower on a rectangular grass field. The grass field can also sit on water.

MaskRider
December 19th, 2017, 18:51
Hi MR,
The Mihari folder contains a watchtower on a rectangular grass field. The grass field can also sit on water.

Seems kind of an odd infrastructural need to fill, eh?

Thank you, Ravenna.

FYI I just looked up "mihari" in Google Translate. It means "a guard". Watchtower <-> a guard. Makes sense.

Chris

MaskRider
December 19th, 2017, 18:58
MR, I have them almost all of Usio's great d\l separated by classification (carrier\DD\BB's etc) and have what you have in a "Structures" folder

Thanks Fibber. Yeah, what I ended up doing is renaming the folder "Usio Infrastructure" and moving it to one of my back-up drives: Downloads/CFS2 Downloads/Cfs2 Ships/Usio/. Sounds like you and I have our Usio D/L folder set up very much the same. They are treasures.

Cheers,
Chris

Cody Coyote
December 20th, 2017, 04:49
MR - Here are the INFO images for some of these structures. I'll up load a few more in a minute. For some reason I don't have images for all of them.

Cody Coyote
December 20th, 2017, 04:50
MR - Here are the rest...

kdriver
December 20th, 2017, 07:32
Here's JMK_inf_Mihari.

MaskRider
December 20th, 2017, 07:45
Thanks Cody and KD,

But still, I wonder why he didn't just use the regular SCENEDB\inf route? Do these object appear as carriers in the MB layout window? In other words are they somehow objects you can put yourself onto? Are they GSL type objects that can be added to the GSL layer?

I don't know. It just seems a very odd way to create infrastructure scenery objects unless maybe there is something more to them than meets the eye.:dizzy:

MR

Rami
December 20th, 2017, 07:56
Chris,

I've never understood it either. :kilroy: :bump:

Ravenna
December 20th, 2017, 14:52
Chris,
Just had a look at the Misc Data section of the DP for the Mihari. It is set up as a carrier so, as you suspected, it would serve as a viewing platform using one of Usio's naval personnel, which are set up as aircraft. I have used some of Usio's objects as infrastructure but it never occurred to me to place the player's aircraft as a figure to observe the way an attack progresses. The allegiance can be changed of course.
cheers, Michael

MaskRider
December 20th, 2017, 15:37
Ah hah. Thanks Michael. That's interesting.

Any idea where to get one hands on Usio's Naval Personnel D/Ls?

Chris

voyager
December 20th, 2017, 16:15
Maskrider

right here in the library

CFS2 Addons

Usio legacy

MaskRider
December 20th, 2017, 16:45
Maskrider

right here in the library

CFS2 Addons

Usio legacy

Doh!

Thanks, Voyager.

MR

voyager
December 20th, 2017, 16:58
MR

Found it by accident looking for something else.

voyager

Ravenna
December 20th, 2017, 18:10
MR

Found it by accident looking for something else.

voyager
Isn't it always the way:biggrin-new:

kdriver
December 20th, 2017, 19:35
Looking at the DPs of those objects, as well as Usio's buoys, they all appear to be armed with a single machine gun.

Ti Loup's USN personnel which are in aircraft format can also be used on Usio's ships.

KD

Ravenna
December 21st, 2017, 12:07
Kevin,
From memory Usio's naval figures are also armed. Must admit I've never been fired on by a bouy.

voyager
December 21st, 2017, 14:25
I guess that if one stays within the channel they should be safe.