PDA

View Full Version : The biggest COCK on the block- the AN-22

lazarus
December 16th, 2017, 12:52
OK. I've got way too many projects on the go. I love the AN-22. What a great beast of a machine. The Samdim model from FS2002 was a favorite, terrific modeling.
The animations scrambled when converted to MDL X, though. As I had done all the scut work with props and whatnot, I zipped it and put it into dead storage pending a resolution. Arno comes through again. The latest iteration of MCX eliminates the zero point animation string errors, we've got a good export.
All native materials, it's all working, I've got a re-positioned BEAR VC matched to position. The cfg and FDE is a mess. Wont accelerate past 40 kts, wont fly.
Now, I'm up to my eyeballs with S-58's and Wessex's. Would some enthusiastic sovietphile be interested in cutting me a HUS, taking this beast in hand and sort the CFG and FDE?
Shout back here.

Brian_Gladden
December 24th, 2017, 06:29
I might give it a shot. I can probably extrapolate something from a flying aircraft of similar size (Bear?)

Another one for you to take a look at is the old FS 2002/4 Antonov 74 by Dimitri Samborski. Piglet's AN-32 cockpit would probably work with a few gauge changes.

Naismith
December 24th, 2017, 11:46
Oh yes, the Antonov 72/74 would benefit from some care and attention, especially the VC.

lazarus
December 24th, 2017, 12:56
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HLiNhJpidAZTcQAZjbhR5OA8FKSeH0hf

It's got the interim VC. Now, I frobbed the cfg for dimensions, props, power, performance, contact points, geometry- goes pretty good. It the nose gear points still aren't right, and needs some work- if you guys could get that sorted, we'll have a pretty decent COCK. A big, big COCK. Just look at the size of that COCK!
We can just write that, over and over with impunity...:biggrin-new:
The problem in the NLG seems to be in the contact point data, after the vertical impact threshold- I've made it worse, now its better, but still not right- you'll see.
The physical locations are correct, the MOI is approximately ballpark for its weights. Test flying and massaging, now. Then I can get back to the Wessex.
Yeah- AN-72- on the list. VC-Thought of the -32 VC, just faster to bang in the BEAR- though I did move it to the correct position in relation to the external model.
Ramp- Shift E
Crew door_ shift E2
tail loading feet and travelling crane Tailhook.
Reversing works, it'll back up. Unprepared field performance is quite good at lower weights- haven't done any flying at heavy weights yet.
Did a bit of fix up on the skins, sanded off all the bogon FARC maxist marks, 2 soviet AF schemes, one for 'Fudpucker Stalinist Airlines'- these would benefit greatly by being re-sized and re-worked, the night maps need work.
It displays very well, and the model is really, really nice- astoundingly tight, smooth mesh that looks great. With some texture work, maybe bumps-easy to put in- this would be not only the largest COCK on the block, but a smashing rendition of this machine- possibly the meanest and best looking turboprop ever, certainly one of the coolest Soviet-era machines.
Merry christmas, you capitalist pig-dogs.