PDA

View Full Version : Float plane and ski plane request for MJ C-47 v 3.14

DCA1161
December 15th, 2017, 00:08
Posting this for a fellowmember of DC3 Airways, because he can't log in.

"As many of you know that flew the Bluegrass Airlines rally BCAR last September that I do the Flight Planning for this rally and also the GAAR.

With the BCAR I do intend to stay in the Canada, Alaska region for two our three more years to come.
As you may remember this years BCAR consisted of land plane and float plane legs.

DC-3 are always great participants in the Bluegrass rallies and we know that you love your DC-3 as I myself do, why else would I spend $20,000 to fly around New Zealand for 12 days in a DC-3, 18 months ago. ZK-DAK.

What I would like to ask here, would someone with great computer knowledge be able to make the great MJ C-47 to have a float plane and ski plane Add on version.
Naturally approval to do this would have to come from Manfred and the amount of work involved I myself have no idea.
This is just a thought that would allow me to expand the BCAR for a greater experience and you can fly all legs using the C-47
regardless of water or snow operations.

Thanks guys
Cheers
Rob"

mjahn
December 15th, 2017, 00:38
One of these we have already; search "fsx C-47 skis" ...

MrZippy
December 15th, 2017, 04:12
One of these we have already; search "fsx C-47 skis" ...

+1 http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/104652-Update-Douglas_C-47_Beta_V3-14-released-!?p=1116689&viewfull=1#post1116689

Gooneybird565
December 15th, 2017, 06:47
@ mjahn : Thank you for the information!

As far as skis are concerned, came to following
* copying the model folders into a C47 folder (containing the C47_2 model),
* deleting the original C47_interior.mdl from the "ski" model folders
* adding skis texture to the relevant (C47_2 model) aircraft texture folders, modifying the model lines into the aircraft.cfg, and modifying the model.cfg files to read
either
[models]
normal=c47_2ski2
interior=..\model\C47R_interior
or
[models]
normal=c47_2ski3
interior=..\model\C47R_interior

Works fine with a 3.1406 version in P3D v4.1

Blue skies

Gooneybird565
December 17th, 2017, 09:33
Oh Oh!
Playing with the files the way I did, have problems to get the red/green/white nav lights displaying when mixing the "skis" models into a more recent C-47 version....
Looking for possible solution...
Sorry

ncooper
December 17th, 2017, 09:41
You would probably have more success if you put the VVC into the ski model,
if you want the VVC that is.

Gooneybird565
December 18th, 2017, 05:18
Nick,
Thank you for your feed-back.
In fact I made the contrary, adding the C47_2ski2 and C47_2ski3 models, as well as the C47skis.dds texture into a v3.1406 aircraft folder.
The two model files refer to the C47basepack.zip file, in other words an earlier version of the C-47.
The model.cfg for the two skis models has been modified to get the interior model from the v3.1406 VC.
As the older models apparently do not have built-in nav lights, I had to add a couple of lines into the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg to get again green, red and white nav lights, plus some other tweaks to get some better cockpit lighting, and cabin lighting, in exterior view, and the "hybrid" works fine with both v2 and v3 textures I have on my PC (skis external, and 3.1406 cockpit - a delight!).
Just I am missing the sandows or black wires the Buffalo skis aircraft shows in the pixie posted by MrZippy in an other thread...
Have a good day

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56408&stc=1http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=56407&stc=1