PDA

View Full Version : Eielson, how do you suppose it look'd in 50's,

ian elliot
December 11th, 2017, 09:28
Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska. There's a good usable modern PAEI out there and a quick google will produce many modern reference pics, but i was wondering how it look'd 50 or so years ago.

cheers ian

ZsoltB
December 11th, 2017, 09:34
Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska. There's a good usable modern PAEI out there and a quick google will produce many modern reference pics, but i was wondering how it look'd 50 or so years ago.

cheers ian

:applause::jump::applause:

ian elliot
December 11th, 2017, 09:38
Dont get excited Zoltz, i'd just like to know:biggrin-new:

MrZippy
December 11th, 2017, 09:57

cheers ian

+1:applause: I'd like to also see 50's versions of Carswell, Hickham, Kadeena, and most other Old Air Force bases that were either plowed under or converted to more modern airports.

ian elliot
December 11th, 2017, 10:01
Carswell's already out there, check out Zoltz thread a few days ago---

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108519-SAC-Retro-Trio-Completes-the-JYAI-B-Bomber-Line

cheers ian :wavey:

MrZippy
December 11th, 2017, 11:35
Carswell's already out there, check out Zoltz thread a few days ago---

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/108519-SAC-Retro-Trio-Completes-the-JYAI-B-Bomber-Line

cheers ian :wavey:

Thanks, ian! Got it.:wavey:

expat
December 11th, 2017, 12:33
Im really enjoying Manfreds B50 at the moment, esp flying out of Eielson, Alaska.

Me too Ian! Just last night flew Manfred's B-50 there (WARNING: in P3Dv4!) from Carswell (1962 MAIW FSX version with B-58 AI parked all around). The modern version is good but a vintage one would be great.

Maj Kong
December 12th, 2017, 05:10
T flew in and out of Eielson a few times in the winter of 1958 (SAC KC-97) and, seriously, it was so cold that we never bothered to get a good look at the place. Load or unload our gear, get to or from a BOQ or Barracks and stay warm.
One morning it was clear and dead calm and a couple of us started for a short walk in our normal winter clothes. An AP jeep pulled over and told us to return to quarters, Why?: It was -20F !
A world of difference between Eielson and Elmendorf

expat
December 13th, 2017, 04:31
The Jim Cook FSX scenery is pretty decent. Have got B-36's, B-47's and a prototype Hustler doing some testing (fits the 14,000 foot runway) all from John Young AI - he's one of the very best. Throw in winter season, heavy snows around dawn or dusk and the place is very atmospheric watching the AI touch & goes.

ian elliot
December 13th, 2017, 09:43
Ive been having a look over the past couple of days, the Base you see now is pretty much the same as it was when constructed or rather expanded in the 50's, the loop to the SE is more recent and there's more hardstanding to the NW, but Mr Cooks scenery is pretty spot on for both modern and retro.