PDA

View Full Version : To FSX or not to FSX, that's the question...

Javis
December 9th, 2017, 19:24
You are here, here in the 'FSX General Discussion' forum.

What would be interesting to know however is : ..... is FSX actually your main flight simulator version today ?

Or did you by any chance quietly moved to P3D ? v1/v2/v3 or maybe even v4 ?..... Or maybe even you said goodbye to the FS franchise all together and fell in love with XPlane ?...

And still you come in here, good ol' FSX forum, because it happens to be your favourite flightsim forum no matter that you have moved on to P3D or XP or whatever and no matter these other flightsim versions actually have their own forums here at the SOH. This feels like home, right ?

Please be honest and tell us what flightsim program you're actually using today, Ok ?

Thank you !

falcon409
December 9th, 2017, 19:30
I have moved to P3D_V4 and that is my primary Sim. . .however I also have FSX installed in order to continue doing scenery as IS3 isn't compatible with V4. The only flying I do in FSX is simply to check my scenery.

Mach3DS
December 9th, 2017, 19:39
I have completely migrated to v4 and DCS. These are my primary flight Sims now. But FSX forum is the most trafficked and where most of "the usuals" around here reside!

Moses03
December 9th, 2017, 19:55
About 85% FSX and 15% FS9. Still have some old favorites in FS9 that do not translate well in FSX so I fire up the senior sim to work those in.

I'm interested in P3D but they seem to keep releasing a new version about the time I'm looking to try it out. Makes we nervous about getting "stuck" with a particular version like V3 or V4.

gman5250
December 9th, 2017, 20:20
P3Dv4 for flying and R&D.

When I post to FSX, I only post content that shares common denominators between all sim platforms. Skins, models, scenery etc.
As we don't have a v4 specific thread, I don't share much 64-bit content. I'm sure that will change as we migrate in that direction.

I would agree with Jan. I think a dedicated P3Dv4 thread is appropriate at this point, as the SDK and 64-bit techniques are so different than 32-bit. I'm not sure where we would fit in PBR, but there are a number of us who are deeply immersed in PBR modeling, and feel that it is prudent to master the tech...just in case we end up heading in that direction eventually.

Cees Donker
December 9th, 2017, 22:19
There is a PR3D discussion. Visitor counts 1:10, 1 for PR3D 10 for FSX? I'm still in FSX.

Cees

Alan_A
December 9th, 2017, 22:22
I'm on P3D4 exclusively. I spend more time reading and posting on this forum only because it's the more active one. But I'm getting into the habit of checking the P3D forum at least once a day for P3D-specific news.

dggoofy
December 9th, 2017, 22:44
FSX:A Only and as long as my computer works, it will be FSX. Why ? Because I've got over 500 Gb of installed add-ons and won't start from zero by now. And FSX is stable (meaning there isn't a new version or update every 6 months).
Cheers

DaveWG
December 9th, 2017, 22:57
P3d v4 only these days. FSX was removed shortly after P3d v3 came out, and now that's gone as well.
I usually check both the FSX and P3d forums here the same amount, but this one is busier.
A lot of what is posted here is relevant to P3d as well but not usually the other way round.
I've noticed over at Avsim the P3d forum there gets 10 times more posts than the FSX one.

jankees
December 9th, 2017, 23:00
Fsx only, but my computer is nearing its end, and we'll see what happens next, p3d probably

Naismith
December 9th, 2017, 23:19
Well I have P3Dv4 but use FSXSE almost exclusively, mainly because of the financial investment I have made in FSX I dislike the P3D interface for another thing. I think I bought it out of a sense of duty or something, I bought all of them bar V3. :dizzy:. I find it crashes too or rather seizes up would be more accurate. Bah Humbug.

xpelekis
December 9th, 2017, 23:43
FSX boxed - DX10 only. Uninstalled P3D3. Aiming for P3D4 & DCS when able for an
upgrade of my pc to 64bits.
Still, I'll keep FSX for "developing" purposes.

Sundog
December 10th, 2017, 00:06
Moved to a new computer, where FSX:A isn't working anymore. I'm trying to get it to work, because I have so much installed on it. But I am going to start using P3Dv4, once I figure out how to install it so I don't have to worry about Win10 updates killing it and learn how to install everything, especially fsx legacy add ons.

Odie
December 10th, 2017, 00:43
FSX:A on my "old" gaming machine (Win7) and I have bought Prepar3D for the new gaming machine (Win10), both 64-bit. AeroFly 2 will be on the new machine when it's released on DVD (which may already be out if I read a blurb on it correctly).

AusWilko
December 10th, 2017, 01:46
FSXSE at the moment but will jump shortly to either P3Dv4 or XP11, realy undecided on this.

PHo17
December 10th, 2017, 02:18
I left FS2004 and CFSs (2&3) two computers ago. Now running only FSX Gold and so far until I change this computer (now 5 years old) - which means soon. Then forward with P3Dv4.

P.

jymp
December 10th, 2017, 02:38
FSX SE for now, have P3DV4 but FSX UI is better, and have too many addons that work to dump FSX, noticed FSX has an Area 51 scenery stock ?, P3D doesn't.

huub vink
December 10th, 2017, 03:17
Although I entered FSX as my main sim, I actually fly FS9 more often. I starts much quicker runs smoother and there is much more freeware available for the old sim.

I agree, FSX looks nicer and has more possibilities, etc. But as long as people keep developing stunning freeware for FS9, I don't see a real reason to abandon it.

The reasonable simplicity of FS9 is what I like. FS9 needs just one texture which includes the alphas, compared with FSX which needs 3 texture files (texture, bump and spec) all with their own alphas to do more or less the same.

Cheers,
Huub

flaviossa
December 10th, 2017, 03:31
I answered p3dv4 BUT i use FSX-SE at the same amount of time because i have TONS of addons that only work with it. I intend to continue with both installed.

YoYo
December 10th, 2017, 04:13
From June - P3Dv4 only, the best title from FS series, it was bye bye FSX. :wiggle:

SpaceWeevil
December 10th, 2017, 04:17
I have FSX SE and P3D 4.1 both installed. 4.1 is the best version so far in terms of smoothness and stability BUT it needs a powerful PC to make the best of it. My old i7 3770K and GTX970 don't quite cut it, not with Accusim and Orbx, so I keep SE installed and will do at least until the next PC build. The best thing about P3D is that it's in continuous development. Ironically, this is also what could see it develop and price itself way beyond the reach of any enthusiast, and that's another reason I'll probably keep FSX going on the new rig.

Lawman
December 10th, 2017, 04:25
FSX is the only sim I have installed at the moment, so it still is my main sim. I hardly fly anymore, though. My intent when I built my next system is to migrate to P3D4.

stansdds
December 10th, 2017, 04:45
I have an old computer, 32-bit OS, so I'm in the FSX camp for the foreseeable future.

Navy Chief
December 10th, 2017, 04:59
Until about two weeks ago, I would have voted for FSX SE exclusively, but around that time my computer died, so had it repaired. I am having problems getting FSX Steam reinstalled, but will eventually get there. the reason for doing so, mainly, is to be able to use Instant Scenery 3 to modify scenery and transfer it to P3Dv4, because FSX Steam, for now, won t run IS3. But I LOVE V4! NC:encouragement:

Bjoern
December 10th, 2017, 05:02
FSX:SE for the forseeable future.

Would like to switch to P3Dv4, but questionable add-on compatibility is a bit of a turnoff.

edakridge
December 10th, 2017, 05:07
I am using both P3Dv3 and v4 right now, but will switch exclusively to v4 when Tacpack and the Superbug are made available for it. I am so over FSX with it's constant problems and CTD's!

menef
December 10th, 2017, 05:17
I've just changed my PC , (1 month ago ) and I''ve still installed FSX
Gold :-)
The reasons of this are:
1 - P3D is more expensive
2- I've tens of payware addons for FSX and not all are P3D compatibile.
3- My new machine is powerful but it should be more powerful
to run well P3D with future upgrades ( looking in the next coming years).
I've not much time for flight simulator and more money spent for
it aren't a bargain for my wallet!

lownslo
December 10th, 2017, 05:25
I used FSX boxed from Day 1... upgraded to FSX:A when it came out, and always had great luck with the sim. No major issues thru all those years. But this summer I went to P3Dv4 exclusively... 64 bit (no OOM's) and very good performance (more eye candy than FSX). Not lookin' back and still enjoying the hobby!

Greg

txnetcop
December 10th, 2017, 05:30
I have FS9, Flightgear, FSX, FSX-SE, X-Plane and P3d-3. My favorite is still FSX because of Orbx and the incomparable freeware that has evolved between FS9 and FSX. I'm finally getting to be an "old guy" now and disposable money is harder to come by but if I have opportunity to upgrade from my "still fast" socket 775 QX9650 CPU and old but highly modified Nvidia GTX 285 that still provides gorgeous views, I intend to explore FSW a little more. It is finally coming to life as a real simulator. I will definitely get into more X-Plane 11 as it has become a very viable optional simulator. I guess I qualify as a flight-sim nut! I admit I love 'em all...
Ted

b52bob
December 10th, 2017, 05:41
Have FSXSE, X-Plane, FSW, and P3D V4. Almost always use P3D but use the others when the mood strikes me. Love FSW and am hoping with the release of the SDK it will take off. You get a 64 bit flightsim at a very cheap price, great graphics, and runs smoothly on my old I5 chip.

jmfabio
December 10th, 2017, 05:44
I have CFS2, FS9 and FSX Acceleration installed. I fly in FSX only on my box. I like most everyone have a ton of addons installed. But my box is 7 years old and functions well. The only thing I have upgraded over the years is the GPU. I have been flying FSX for only about 3 years and I like the way it looks and works without tweaks and problems.

I am looking to a new computer when circumstances permit, and possibly to Prepar3d 64 bit but who knows?

I think my FSX has a lot of life left in it.

Joe

chet twowolves
December 10th, 2017, 05:54
FSX:SE All The way.

rvn817j
December 10th, 2017, 05:54
I am primarily using P3Dv4. I transitioned from FSX (SA and SE) about one month after v4 was released. FSX is still installed, but have not looked at it for many months. DCS is also installed on my computer and I have flown it 6 or 7 times, but joystick set up is hindering my effective use of this simulator.

Although there was a learning curve with P3Dv4, the "look and feel" of it is just the best available right now (granted, however, I have not made the investment of time and money to see what XPlane 11 has to offer). The "in-home" simulation available today is on a par with commercial simulators costing millions ten years ago (minus certain regulatory agency certifications, etc.)!

docjohnson
December 10th, 2017, 06:00
P3D3 (Development) and P3D4 (Development and Flying)

Willy
December 10th, 2017, 06:02
P3d seems to come out with a new version every few months and I've no interest in trying to keep up with that. Most of my flying is in FSX SE, but the simplicity of FS9 along with it's more freeware options is very attractive. Plus I have the discs for 9, should X ever go belly up on me. (actually I still have FS9 and GW3 installed).

CaptainMal
December 10th, 2017, 06:24
FSX:SE because I can't afford P3D. I have too much money invested in FSX payware add-ons and have no desire to start over with P3D.

wombat666
December 10th, 2017, 06:33
P3D4 is my primary, but I've kept FSX for the P3D4 incompatible additions, a GW3 style of FS2004 of course, and I'm tinkering with AeroFly 2.
Then there's a P3D3 installation for anything that isn't running in v4 as yet.
But I'm finding more and more reasons to concentrate on P3D4.
:encouragement:

Aharon
December 10th, 2017, 06:34
Still using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 even on new and very powerful laptop but experts told me that very powerful laptops cannot utilize crisp sharpness of FSX's ground textures from FL350 properly and better than older and weaker laptops. New and powerful laptops can utilize P3D better.

Still using FSX Deluxe with SP1 and SP2 even though I bought P3DV3 but never bothered to install it (too afraid to screw it up)!

Regards,

Aharon

TuFun
December 10th, 2017, 06:39
FSX-SE since most stuff works. COD and ROF for my combat needs!

napacon
December 10th, 2017, 06:55
Living Thru FS9, And now Heavily Into FSX..The next generation of Desk Top flight sims Will Have to stop being a game but a Serous, attempt To Flying..Recognizing It never can Happen. a Static chair ,no Gs ? Will always Make Hint Of Flight at Best.....The Area Of Flight controls-could use change as the communication factors .//Flying a 747 solo a Stretch ..A Functioning Sim crew would help..However what we Have Brings Great Joy,fun,And learning,,,This WALTER MITTY WORLD will be with us..For a long time

WarHorse47
December 10th, 2017, 07:46
I have both FSXA (Gold Edition) and FS 2004. FSXA is my primary sim and occasionally I'll fire up FS9 and attempt to port something over to FSX.

Perhaps down the road I'll move onto P3D, but to be honest it's getting a bit hard for me to consider it seriously. I've spent so much money and effort to tweak and get my current sims running the way I like, that the thought of having one more is not in the cards. There are days it seems that I spend more time playing technician on getting things installed and tweaked, than just firing up the sim and flying.

I still have Win 8.1 as my OS. If ever I replace my current computer and migrate to Win 10 (shiver), I will likely start all over again with FSX and possibly go to P3D. This is if the old folks home will let me have a computer in my padded room. :untroubled:

Penz
December 10th, 2017, 07:49
P3D4, but keeping FSX Gold installed as well, both for testing and for stuff that isn't 64 bit compatible (yet?). Both SDK's as well.

Greenhouse357
December 10th, 2017, 07:57
FSX only. Too much invested in addons.

Snuffy
December 10th, 2017, 08:03
Is FXS still a thing?

icycle
December 10th, 2017, 08:07
FSX almost exclusively. P3Dv4.1 has potential but way, way, too many $$ invested in FSX, AND too much is still not compatible with P3DV4 (at least not yet). Once the lack of compatible AI gets solved, and more of the many flyable airplane options available in FSX become available for P3dv4, maybe would actually fire it up occasionally. Right now it just sits there on the hard-drive, unused.

Bill

blanston12
December 10th, 2017, 08:08
I have P3D V4.1 as my primary, I still have FSX-SE on my system for development purposes. I had to re-install everything on my machine last month and have not found a reason to re-install P3D V3 yet.

BTW, I wonder if the fact that this poll is in the FSX section of the forum skews the result in favor of it.

Postbaer61
December 10th, 2017, 08:38
I used P3D4 primary, but I've kept FSX for the P3D4 incompatible additions and
for all my beloved and expensive payware addons, which i had bought before
P3D4 was in sight.
I'm currently not able, to buy all those great addons again,( PMDG,A2A,AS,FS Labs,CS . . .)
so FSX will stay for quite a while on my hd.

WarHorse47
December 10th, 2017, 09:14
Interesting side note.

If you go to the Aerosoft forums, look at their Annual Platform poll.

Their results are totally opposite what I'm seeing in the SOH poll and puts P3D V4 way out in front.

harrybasset
December 10th, 2017, 09:28
FSX-A for me. I can't afford P3D. This rules me out anyway "Prepar3D is not to be used, offered, sold or distributed through markets or channels for use as a personal/consumer entertainment product."

Stinger
December 10th, 2017, 10:04
2 computers old one which serves as a joinfs server with win 7 and FSX:ACC... bare bones only with a few ships and Tacpac
2nd one... new killer I7 7700 & GTX 1080 and sliders jacked all the way to the right with P3Dv3( so i can run the VRS Hornet & Tacpac) and P3Dv4 so i can fly everything else. I'll probably delete v3 once v4 has the Super Bug and Tacpac are released for it... still deciding. depends on if i have any more issues with the v3

Duckie
December 10th, 2017, 10:16
FSX Gold exclusively.

PRB
December 10th, 2017, 10:27
The "new version every couple months" issue with P3D is definitely a factor for me. It's an interesting problem. If they don't come out with new versions, then it gets old and falls behind. Like FSX. But setting a new flight sim environment, scenery, planes, weather, controller assignments, is not a trivial thing. P3D looks nicer than FSX, but not nice enough for me to go through all that setup every time a new version comes out. I guess I'm stuck with FSX for a while then!

Tim-HH
December 10th, 2017, 11:09
I'm still with FSX as well. I bought P3Dv4 but my computer is a bit too weak for it. It sure looks nice but I can't say that it impressed me in a way that I feel the desire to buy a new computer and rebuy most of my addons. Especially as all the core parts of a simulation e.g. the weather system, flightdynamics, ATC, etc. are still the same as in FSX. So as long as all the the interesting addon aircrafts will be available for FSX too, I think I will stay with FSX for the time being.

Greetings
Tim

magoo
December 10th, 2017, 17:53
When it first came out, FSX was simply too demanding to run well on most home computers.

Just about the same time, we were really beginning to maximize FS9 in long strides, all sliders maxed. The range of creative addons (freeware & commercial) was amazingly broad and diverse. (It still is!!)

But knowing that time would go by, and we'd be able to run FSX at speed...eventually.....I started squirreling away FSX downloads as I cherry picked the FS9 stuff.

Presently, the current computer setup runs FSX with a surplus of juice, and for me is wonderfully tweaked and fine tuned with Nvidea Inspector, Steve's DX10 Fixer, and his most excellent cloud shadows. Easy stuff....now.

I have just entertained a flight in Lago/Aniserial's lovely Fiat CR.32 that was originally created for FS2002.....now running in FSX, thanks to Steve's DX Fixer....with kinetic shadows in the cockpit. (Huh.......)

That model probably won't work to any satisfaction in P3D V4.....and that's just scratching the surface regarding nearly a decade of FSX stuff yet to be unpacked.

...Mehhhh....there's time yet. Maybe I'll load up P3D V4 (or it's successor) in a few years, when I've finally gone through my FSX wharehouse to some satisfaction.

......And........FS9 still exists on my HD. It gets fired up when I want AI filling the air like somebody just swacked a wasp nest with a big stick.

manfredc3
December 10th, 2017, 19:15
I "ticked" FSX, but Purchased P3Dv4 just a few weeks ago, and have been focused on that since.

I will certainly be flying in FSX for some time due to the add-on's I enjoy there, that are not compatible with P3Dv4.

I have found myself visiting both the FSX as well as the P3D forums, and don't have a problem with that.

I do agree that there should be a dedicated P3Dv4 forum, as it's platform is so different from FSX/P3D1,2,3.

roger-wilco-66
December 10th, 2017, 22:56
P3D V4.1 here, and only that. I switched to P3D as soon as it was released in it's V1.4 version some years ago. Never started FSX anymore since then, and don't even have it installed.
It's not that I think it's bad, I'm just too lazy to administrate two sim installations.

Cheers,
Mark

PhantomTweak
December 10th, 2017, 23:06
I fell in love with FSX:SE. I bought it the day it came out. I was just curious what the big deal with FSX was, and for $5.00 I could afford it if I didn't like it. Having said that, the first time I took the default F/A-18 out and found a carrier, that was actually MOVING, well, I never looked back. I got Javier's carrier, and AICarriers to start, then found the FSDT FSX BA Hornet, and I was in love. Since then I've added every ship I can find, military or not, especially including all of Mr. Henrik Nielsen's I could lay my hands on. Every iteration of the FSX BA F/A-18C too. I can modestly even say I helped with some of the development of that amazing bird.
Anyway, I do still use FS9 for some of the RWR plane's, but I mainly stick to FSX:SE. I really enjoy that sim.
I may try out a version of P3D, if someday it's ever sold for $5.00, but, as they say, figure the odds. I know Lockheed. Worked for them for nearly 10 years, and I don't see their sim ever being sold for that price. They're too greedy...money-hungry...

Have fun, whatever you use :D
Pat☺

PierreF
December 10th, 2017, 23:51
P3Dv3 because my system is to weak for v4 and I'm not sure all the installed add-ons will work on v4.
Two solutions :
- hoping having money for a top system
- back to FSX (or to buy Steam if still compatible with the add-ons)

PIerre

scotth6
December 11th, 2017, 01:55
My main sim is P3D V3, although I do still have FSX Steam installed and use it regularly. I would say I use P3D V3 75% of the time, but I still use FSX for aircraft that only really work in that sim. I have Flyinside (for Oculus Rift) installed for P3D V3 and FSX.

Other sims I have installed and still use include DCS World (lots), Aerofly FS2 (sometimes), and Rise of Flight (infrequently right now).

jeansy
December 11th, 2017, 02:35
purely p3d v4.1, and havent had fsx installed since v3 first came out

95% of addons are now supported, and i can run everything like scenery and aircraft without OOMs

there are only a few addons that im waiting on ie QW787, AS A320 & A330 and instant scenery other than that im happy I have 671GB thats just in P3d folder alone (70GB is just global ultimate next gen mesh) not including all the files in the my document addons folder or programs like rex and UT2 Live and their contents

in fact I think I have more installed in P3Dv4 than I did with FSX

nigel richards
December 11th, 2017, 03:09
If it has wings, I'll fly the dang thing - whatever it's called...

Couldn't find the FS 2004 lever :dizzy:

edit: I've always found the Scandinavian folk incredibly wise in such dilemmas; smørrebrød

BendyFlyer
December 11th, 2017, 03:42
Voted FSX. Only have FSX-A. I have a 64bit O/S (Win7). FSX can be clunky and you spend more time on admin that simming sometimes but most of the time it runs just fine (There will always be the odd gremlin make itself felt but I have come to expect that with FSX). I like the technical aspects of P3D V4 (64bit coding) but I have spent years (and way to much money) adding on scenery etc and just cannot justify buying a new PC and then finding half of my addon stuff will not work (I have checked). So it will be FSX until this PC stops working (when it does not if, I am now at a point where I am not sure I would do this all again on P3D, just take my mirror of FSX and put it on a new PC. I am sure P3D is very good but it is not affordable for me to do basically what I do in FSX anyway.

awstub
December 11th, 2017, 04:38
Since I do a lot of testing, I currently have FSXA, P3Dv3 and P3Dv4 installed on the same system.
I have to say that all three have co-existed on my system fairly well.....however FSXA doesn't quite work as well as P3Dv3 and neither of these two hold a candle to P3Dv4.
P3Dv4 runs silky smooth on my system.

gastonj
December 11th, 2017, 05:08
Voted FSX...i try to create some models for it but i have also FSX, FS9 and last but not least Xplane11.

JMC

Daube
December 11th, 2017, 05:14
P3Dv4 mainly, and P3Dv3 for everything that doesn't work in v4 yet (Accusim planes, TacPack planes...).
Occasionally I like to use XP11 as well.

gray eagle
December 11th, 2017, 07:42
P3Dv4 for flying and R&D.

When I post to FSX, I only post content that shares common denominators between all sim platforms. Skins, models, scenery etc.
As we don't have a v4 specific thread, I don't share much 64-bit content. I'm sure that will change as we migrate in that direction.

I would agree with Jan. I think a dedicated P3Dv4 thread is appropriate at this point, as the SDK and 64-bit techniques are so different than 32-bit. I'm not sure where we would fit in PBR, but there are a number of us who are deeply immersed in PBR modeling, and feel that it is prudent to master the tech...just in case we end up heading in that direction eventually.

PBR?

http://www.freewoodpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/pbr.jpg

gman5250
December 11th, 2017, 08:34
PBR?

Physically Based Rendering.

PBR is a more efficient workflow and file "stacking" modality that makes much better use of rendering engine resources in many simulations and games. It requires less texture files to convey more information to the simulation, thus improving performance.

Modeling in PBR lets developers use programs like Quixel that create a 3D workspace inside Photoshop. An object can be painted, shadowed, bump mapped, specular mapped, occlusion mapped in real time, and in three dimensions. The brushes will go around corners and align various UVW maps, which may not be in proximity to each other on a texture sheet. Brush strokes will always meet up perfectly.

PBR programs will output the art into formats that are compatible with many games. P3D is not one of them. The challenge at the moment is to efficiently render the texture layers from PBR programs into a "stack" that FSX/P3D can interpret. Some of us are working on that as we speak.

One great thing about PBR is that bump mapping is much more flexible and artistic. Bump hardness, smoothness, edge resolution and a thousand other variables are completely flexible. If you want fasteners to display with harder edges than rivets, it is a simple brush adjustment in the PBR software. Skin wrinkles or fabric textures can be brushed in where you need them. The 3D interface can be set up with nearly unlimited display variables that let you see the work in real time, as you paint. It's awesome.

Because PBR is so radically different, and doesn't realistically apply for FSX or even 32-bit P3D, the need for a P3Dv4 or PBR specific threads become more and more relevant. Either or both would be extremely educational and entertaining, even for simmers who have no interest in development.

Hope that all makes sense Butch. :biggrin-new:

Abrams P-1 Explorer Throttle in PBR
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8732/28007900410_5bedc31941_o.jpg

falcon409
December 12th, 2017, 08:22
. . . . . . .The reasonable simplicity of FS9 is what I like. FS9 needs just one texture which includes the alphas, compared with FSX which needs 3 texture files (texture, bump and spec) all with their own alphas to do more or less the same.
Cheers,
Huub
Agreed Huub, even when I do liveries for FSX Aircraft I revert to the "simple" method (no bumps, no specs), one texture with realistic rivets and panel lines. . .can't beat it for speed of completion and overall appearance.