PDA

View Full Version : "Panthers" over Korea (50's) - Combat flying with FS

xpelekis
December 7th, 2017, 20:20
A video demonstrating the full potential for Combat flying
within FlightSimulator context (FSX/P3D), that is currently available.
Addons in use :
- Tacpack
- FSX@War
- TMAP
- FSCAI
Are the basics, but I also fly here in :
- Scripted FSX Mission (/ P3D Scenario)
- with GameCommander2 (voice command version of this Mission) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmwvF0gaTHk

My point is, FS being probably the most complete simulator, designed to expand through
addons, with the addons available today, can handdle it's own even in the field of
military - combat simulation also... :dizzy:

Tacpack, it's a well known program, with quite precise simulation of weapons
and systems. The only payware but the "root of the tree" also.

FSX@War, is a sophisticated programm with many functions :
- Tool for making small areas (as in video, Nampo Port) up to whole theaters populated with target simobjects.
- Calculates the damage inflicted upon a target by a weapon, taking in account various
relative parameters (eg, Libya theater uses data from Jane's for such calculations)
- Saves the damage status of theater after each sortie, thus providing a campaign
mechanism for repeatetive sorties
- Map can be used for debriefing, since presents the weapons impact points after the sortie.

TMAP (Tacpack Mod for Any Plane, or Tacpack generic), gives the ability to
willing advanced users to arm with Tacpack weapons any plane in their hangars...
WWII & Modern Jets version (here WWII version is used that is suitable).

FSCAI (FS Combat AI), "weaponizes" declared to program simobjects with a great
variety of different short of AntiAircraft weapons, that become active when program runs
and user or AI planes are within firing range, ie, active ground & surface AI defences.
FS sky is safe no more... Four levels of difficulty.

jmfabio
December 8th, 2017, 06:31
xpelekis,

I very much enjoyed your video. I too believe that FSX with all the addons available is the most complete simulator. My poor 7 year old system is pushed to its limits with FSX that I have not tried Prepar3d in any of its iterations. I have been simming since CFS1 and was disappointed in CFS3, Because the whole structure was changed and in my opinion the game play was not satisfying.

I am pleased that this "civilian sim" is now in the realm of military aviation. I believe that the greatest advances in aviation (as in medicine, technology) have been driven by the military. I have TacPac and have used it often. I have downloaded FSX@War but have not installed or played with it, as other things always seem take priority.

Thanks for the visual encouragement.

jmfabio

roger-wilco-66
December 8th, 2017, 09:11
Awesome stuff, very promising, thanks for sharing it. I wish I'd do more with the sim other than developing in the moment. I spend more time in 3dsmax and photoshop and SbuilderX than flying...

Cheers,
Mark