PDA

View Full Version : C-97 callouts

aspen31
December 4th, 2017, 09:59
Hi all
The recent discussions about the c-97 brought me back to this great machine. A while back I head trouble making the "callout" sounds work and all have been functional. It has been a few months and in going back to the airplane I have discovered that these sounds no longer work. I did manage to hear the "takeoff cowl" call once but now nothing. Just wondering if anyone else may have experienced this and if so what the fix was. Other than this a very nice flying machine. I use it in P3D V3.4.
Thanks
Warren

mjahn
December 4th, 2017, 21:54
Your last sentence is the clue. You need to replace the FSX type sound gauge by Doug Dawson (dsd_fsx_xml_sound.gau) by his new 64-bit gauge (dsd_P3Dv4_xml_x64_sound.dll). The gauge is included in the recent B-50 setup. You can copy it right over and together with a panel.cfg edit it should work.

aspen31
December 5th, 2017, 01:56
Hi Manfred
Thanks. I use the C-97 in P3D V3.4 not V4. Will the 64 bit gauge work outside of V4?
Take care.
Warren

mjahn
December 5th, 2017, 02:06
Oops sorry, I misread. The old gauge should actually work in 3.4. Re-check your panel.cfg and verify the old .gau is present. Activate the original cfg if necessary. And naturally you remember that in Monitor > Flight the bottom-line loudspeaker icon needs to be turned ON (showing an asterisk).

aspen31
December 5th, 2017, 02:56
Hi Manfred
Thanks. I installed the B-50 and all the callouts work fine in V3.4. Don't believe I have changed anything but I did fly the C-97 mostly in V3.3 so I'm wondering if there may be an issue with the change to 3.3. I've also been trying to get the FSX Jelair V-speed gauge to work in C-97 - again did work in 3.3 but not in 3.4 - perhaps I messed something up trying to manipulate the .cfg. I do like the B-50 callouts so perhaps I'll try to add that entire package to the C-97. Raining here anyway so another mess up will give me something to do.
Take care
Warren