PDA

View Full Version : P-38F errors....

Fibber
December 1st, 2017, 15:11
Little befuddled here. I have the same aircraft (at least I thought so!) in two theaters. The ETO and the PTO. My PTO works fine but on load-up my ETO gives me "unable to find..."wep_Lightening_drop_gp (also pylon and P38_Wing and rocket). I know that I am missing something but they were loaded at the same time from the same file (well at least one after the other, for the purists:biggrin-new:) Anyone have any idea what I am missing? Tried comparing both .dp files and they seem to be the same!:dizzy:

BTW: where does one find some of the old A.F. Scrubb planes (whatever his/her real name is)

glh
December 1st, 2017, 15:22
Check and see if the file names are the same and the same file is being called for in both Theatres.

Scrub's planes can be found at simviation.com. Go there and enter "Scrub" in the search box.

Fibber
December 1st, 2017, 15:57
Thanks for the comeback. That is the crux of my confusion. They should be the same plane as one was a copy from the other. (PTO to ETO). Somewhere something is amiss.
Also I was searching "A.F. Scrub" and getting nothing so who knew that Goggle was goggled by a "A.F." prefix. :banghead: I thought they knew EVERYTHING!!!:biggrin-new:
(okay forget my phone # and addy and political affiliation, etc.....:biggrin-new:)

oldwheat
December 1st, 2017, 16:52
Flightsim has Scrubby's stuff as well using the same search drill.

bearcat241
December 1st, 2017, 20:04
Error in the dp of the offending model perhaps..."wep_Lightening_drop_gp" is misspelled

SW
December 1st, 2017, 23:53
Little befuddled here. I have the same aircraft (at least I thought so!) in two theaters. The ETO and the PTO. My PTO works fine but on load-up my ETO gives me "unable to find..."wep_Lightening_drop_gp (also pylon and P38_Wing and rocket). I know that I am missing something but they were loaded at the same time from the same file (well at least one after the other, for the purists:biggrin-new:) Anyone have any idea what I am missing? Tried comparing both .dp files and they seem to be the same!:dizzy:

Hi Fibber,

have you checked that you have the appropriate files in OBJECTS_DP and also possibly the correct entries in your mdlnames.txt? In my OBJECTS_DP I have files "wep_us_lightning_drop_gp.dp" "wep_pylon_p38_wing.dp" etc so I would check that you have the files it is complaining about in your ETO install OBJECTS_DP.

You might also need to check for stuff in the scenedb/weapons?

cheers,

SW