PDA

View Full Version : AFS Design World & mosaic V4

menef
November 26th, 2017, 11:31
I'm looking for a feedback about this software. I've never bought
AFS products...

Bjoern
November 26th, 2017, 15:13
A texture set that turns the chaotic european city layouts into north american style rectanglular grids wouldn't be my cup of tea.

If you want better ground textures without much alterations to what is displayed, get Aimé Lerclercq's.
First the ones for cities, etc... from Avsim: https://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=leclercq+villages&CatID=root&Go=Search
And then his Terra Emergence Project for the rest: https://de-de.facebook.com/ALeclercqCreations/
100% free.

menef
November 26th, 2017, 23:58
Thank you Bjoern, actually I' ve noticed that detail...
Any way I'm looking for better ground textures with minimal or not
frames impact. Even if my PC is brand new, wasting RAM
for textures improvement wouldn't be my cup of tea too :very_drunk:

Bjoern
November 27th, 2017, 05:45
The TEP textures aren't any larger in terms of filesize than the default ones, but some come with new autogen placement files, which is much denser. I had to reduce my autogen density slider from maximum by one notch because FSX tended to run out of memory over heavily forested areas with high detail aircraft.

menef
November 27th, 2017, 06:15
The TEP textures aren't any larger in terms of filesize than the default ones, but some come with new autogen placement files, which is much denser. I had to reduce my autogen density slider from maximum by one notch because FSX tended to run out of memory over heavily forested areas with high detail aircraft.

Ummmmm...I'll see what to chose...
Personally I do prefer to leave the bulk of my system resouces to
the airplanes rather than to the sceneries/textures.
Of course the better thing should be to have everything :biggrin-new: but unless you have the money to buy a monster-hardware
something must be left in the dreaming-area:triumphant:

Bjoern
November 27th, 2017, 09:45
Ummmmm...I'll see what to chose...
Personally I do prefer to leave the bulk of my system resouces to
the airplanes rather than to the sceneries/textures.
Of course the better thing should be to have everything :biggrin-new: but unless you have the money to buy a monster-hardware
something must be left in the dreaming-area:triumphant:

It's not as bad as it sounds. Just make a backup of scenery\world\texture and give Aimé's textures a try.

menef
November 28th, 2017, 04:46
Ok !:very_drunk: Thank you