PDA

View Full Version : RAF Bury ST. Edmunds USAAF St. 468.zip

pletheron
November 26th, 2017, 08:34
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/soh_ftp/uploads/imageuploads/721415117143757291.jpg
A new entry has been added to Add-Ons Library, category FSX Scenery

Description: RAF Bury St Edmunds (USAAF Station 468) is a former Royal Air Force station located 3 miles (4.8 km) east of Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, England. Built in 1941 it was first home to the 47th Bombardment Group. After the 47th BG moved to RAF Horham, the 322nd BG moved in with their B-16's. The final occupants of USAAF Station 468 were the 94th BG (Heavy) flying B-17's.

This scenery has been tested in P3DV3 and P3DV4. It should work in FSX. The scenery is fairly accurately modeled from the RAF site planes. The main site and all dispersed sites are modeled. A big thanks to Ian P. for his superb models.

To check it out, rate it or add comments, visit RAF Bury ST. Edmunds USAAF St. 468.zip (http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?linkid=23180&catid=113)
The comments you make there will appear in the posts below.

pletheron
November 27th, 2017, 06:45
That should read "B-26's" not "B-16's."

ian elliot
November 27th, 2017, 09:48
Thanks for this, the more WW2 airfields the better :ernaehrung004:

cheers ian

pletheron
November 29th, 2017, 07:31
Thanks for this, the more WW2 airfields the better :ernaehrung004:

cheers ian

I echo your sentiments Ian, and thanks for yours also. I was wondering where you came up with the plans for RAF Hawkinge? Lovely job by the way!:encouragement:

Cheers, Terry

ian elliot
December 2nd, 2017, 23:35
Thanks, I found a reference copy of "Battle of Britian airfields, Then an now" in my local library, manage'd to scan some Hawkinge pics and maps and save them to disk, Hawkinge was a bit of a nightmare to pin down, it was bomb'd so often through out summer 1940, the ground layout changed from one day to the next :mixed-smiley-010:

cheers ian

PS, think it was the same publisher of the "After the Battle" series.

mattcurry
December 3rd, 2017, 01:08
PS, think it was the same publisher of the "After the Battle" series.

I have both "airfields of the eighth" and "airfields of the ninth then and now" and they are amazing reference material. I was working in Cambridgeshire and East Anglia at the time.

Matt

ian elliot
December 3rd, 2017, 10:16
I have both also, a pair of well thumb'd bible's on USAAF history in WW2 Britian, and new volume has recently been released, "Coastal command stations, then and now" Lets just say Santa's letter is well on its way :adoration: