PDA

View Full Version : Wilco Piaggio Avanti in FSX:SE Windows 10

RyanJZ
November 25th, 2017, 12:28
Hey guys. I used to have a laptop with windows 7, and I bought Wilco's Avanti. A while ago I had to get a newer laptop which had Windows 10, and I recently installed the Avanti to my new laptop, only to find that when flying the Avanti, the sim does these weird "pauses" where the sim just freezes for several minutes then resumes on its own. I found out that Wilco does not support the Avanti for SE in Windows 10 because it is not compatible. (I only installed it because I still have the install disc and I'm getting tired of waiting literally YEARS for the Milviz Avanti, which was announced in 2014). IS there anyone familiar with this addon that could tell me if there's anyway to make it work?

RyanJZ
December 6th, 2017, 08:28
So is there anything I could possibly do to remedy this?

jmbiii
December 6th, 2017, 10:07
Ryan,
I had the Wilco P-180 Avanti in FS9 also.
However never got it to go well in FSX, However there's a freeware one made by Mario Noriega that is almost as nice available on Avsim.
Look for 'p180_v3_fsx.zip'.
Cheers,
Joe (jmbiii)

RyanJZ
December 6th, 2017, 10:33
I have Noriega's p180, and it is a nice freeware plane. However, I find that it's fuel burn is a little too optimistic, and its takeoff and landing speeds are too high. I'm also a sucker for the PL-21

Bjoern
December 7th, 2017, 05:54
How do you know that these values are unrealistic?

RyanJZ
December 14th, 2017, 17:18
The Avanti usually lands at about 115-120 kts. In the sim its about 130-135. I know I'm nit-picking there, but that's just one example

Bjoern
December 15th, 2017, 04:54
At what weight in what wind conditions at what temperature?

RyanJZ
December 30th, 2017, 12:55
Weight doesn't seem to make much of a difference. It doesn't matter if I've just flown a pattern, or gone 1000 miles. Even at standard temps it seems a bit fast. Or to come in at a "normal" speed I have to carry the nose a bit high