PDA

View Full Version : AlphaSim freeware

jojohnson9
October 8th, 2008, 13:58
I just downloaded nine new freeware AlphaSim aircraft at AvSim.

IanP
October 8th, 2008, 14:02
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1052 :d

Ian P.

Lateral-G
October 8th, 2008, 14:03
Do they work in FSX?

-G-

fsafranek
October 8th, 2008, 15:12
Do they work in FSX?

-G-

Probably not and that is why you can get them for free. But try it. Let us know. I'm sure you'll get some gauge warnings right off the bat so some substitutions will have to be made and the cfg file isn't set up for FSX.

:running: You'll have to do some leg work but I'd be interested in what you find.
:ernae:

fsafranek
October 8th, 2008, 15:14
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1052 :d

Ian P.

And http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php?t=1046 :icon_lol:

familton
October 8th, 2008, 16:48
The F-80 and B-57 work OK in FSX. No gauge problems. I did have to edit the smoke coordinates as they are different from FS9. I have added thumbnails in the B-57 and camera views in both. I still have some tinkering to do and add the thumbnails for the F-80. There is a problem with the bomb bay keystrokes as it needs the C and V keys. The default V key in FSX is for screenshots. Thanks Alpha!!!! Best regards, Bob.

Edit: The Connie works in FSX too but most of the gauges require replacing with FSX types. I have it with camera views added. I still have to add the thumbnails.

wilycoyote4
October 8th, 2008, 17:20
What are the smoke corrections, please? Thumbnails and views I can do, I believe, as I've done those for other aircraft.

Aerobat85
October 8th, 2008, 18:21
The F-80 and B-57 work OK in FSX. No gauge problems. I did have to edit the smoke coordinates as they are different from FS9. I have added thumbnails in the B-57 and camera views in both. I still have some tinkering to do and add the thumbnails for the F-80. There is a problem with the bomb bay keystrokes as it needs the C and V keys. The default V key in FSX is for screenshots. Thanks Alpha!!!! Best regards, Bob.
I tried the F-80, and half my screen was black, and the reste was like the full image was squished, hot do I fix it?

familton
October 8th, 2008, 18:33
The coordinates shold be Longitudinal (Z), lateral (X) , and vertical (Y). You will notice that they are wrong for FSX.

It should be for the F-80:
[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = -18.72, 0, 0.37, fx_eng_exhaust_gry

and for the B-57:
[smokesystem]
smoke.0 = -20.00, 10.60, -0.75, fx_eng_exhaust_gry // was -0.75, -20.00, 10.60, fx_eng_exhaust_gry
smoke.1 = -20.00, -10.60, -0.75, fx_eng_exhaust_gry //was -0.75, -20.00, -10.60, fx_eng_exhaust_gry

If you don't change it the smoke is wrong. If you want my aircraft.cfg with the camera views send me a PM and I'll send it to you. Regards, Bob.

familton
October 8th, 2008, 18:39
Open the panel.cfg in the panel folder using Notepad. Go to the bottom of the panel.cfg and make it like this:

[Default View]
X=0
Y=0
SIZE_X=8191
SIZE_Y=6143

Save it.

The Y value was wrong for me. I run 1280 x 1024 and I had the black bottom with the original Y value. Best regards, Bob.

P.S. I did the same for the B-57.

Lateral-G
October 9th, 2008, 16:09
Probably not and that is why you can get them for free. But try it. Let us know. I'm sure you'll get some gauge warnings right off the bat so some substitutions will have to be made and the cfg file isn't set up for FSX.

:running: You'll have to do some leg work but I'd be interested in what you find.

I tried the F-80 & B-57.

They both work and look great. No gauge warnings and they all seem to work.

You need to switch the x & y co-ordinates on the F-80 for the smoke exhaust for it to display properly in FSX.

Thanks AS.

FWIW I've talked to several pilots here at work about the T-33 (similar in perf to the F-80) and it's abysmal take-off performance. It takes forever to accelerate and get up to manuevering speed. In fact they said our King Airs will take off sooner than a T-33. Eventually the T-33 will catch up and pass but they would definitely lose a drag race. Our flight test office in Seattle has a T-33 and some of our pilots here in STL get up there from time to time.

-G-

Bone
October 9th, 2008, 16:50
Do they work in FSX?

-G-

The B-57 works great in FSX. No issues and good FPS. A guy on the unofficial A.S. website just said the TU-16 and F-80 both work in FSX.

wilycoyote4
October 9th, 2008, 17:03
Please note the previous replies.

The F-80 and the B-57 load with no gauge problems. I use FSX Accel. The Badger has gauge problems which may be corrected by those able to do that feat. I see no canopy glass problems in any a/c so far in my tests. The Constellation has a prop texture problem and I think the Beaufort does, too, but that should be corrected.

The B-57 seems to be fine in DX10.

Check the forums for updates for the freeware. There should be many testing the new freeware now and more reports should improve them.

Tweek
October 9th, 2008, 17:37
The Swift seems to run fine in FSX, too.

familton
October 9th, 2008, 18:13
The T-50 Bobcat has gauge problems, prop texture problems and no cockpit glass in FSX. I fixed the gauge problems. The F-84F has gauge problems which I fixed, smoke edit required too. It is a real set of beautiful paints. Regards, Bob.

heywooood
October 9th, 2008, 18:16
ok - I love bi-planes - and with a little sound (I aliased the AS AT-6 sound) and a litle fix for the .cfg to get the lights working...

BtW - there is a vc but it has no working guages...just a static picture of a panel. darnit - but it looks good and for the price its a fun flyer.

fsafranek
October 9th, 2008, 19:02
The two-seater model was left out of the MiG-25 set by mistake. I just uploaded it to Avsim and here. It should be available from both tomorrow I would expect. The way to tell it is the newer one before downloading is that the file size will be about 6.5 MB. The earlier (current as I write this) one was just over 5.5 MB. Go for the bigger one. :icon_lol:

tigisfat
October 9th, 2008, 21:23
The B-57 works great in FSX. No issues and good FPS. A guy on the unofficial A.S. website just said the TU-16 and F-80 both work in FSX.

How about VCs? do any have them?

luckydog
October 9th, 2008, 22:03
Think I'll pass.........

Bone
October 10th, 2008, 05:46

Hey Tigisfat. The VC in the B-57 and F-80 are pretty good. Better than many built for FSX planes.

Lateral-G
October 10th, 2008, 06:42

The ones I've d/l'd have:

Swift
F-80
B-57

They look good too. DME in the Swift doesn't work since it isn't an XML gauge (it's the one from the Hunter). I'll try to replace it when I get a chance.

-G-

cheezyflier
October 10th, 2008, 21:39
i downloaded the sr-71 and it seems to not want to slow down, or respond to the a/p command for alt hold. none of the switches in the vc are clickable.
is there something i'm missing? does anyone else have these issues?

Panther_99FS
October 10th, 2008, 21:45
i downloaded the sr-71 and it seems to not want to slow down, or respond to the a/p command for alt hold. none of the switches in the vc are clickable.

The freeware SR-71 isn't made for FSX/SP2 - thus you're experiencing the afterburner problem associated with some jets not specifically designed for FSX/SP2...

centuryseries
October 11th, 2008, 02:12

You more than likely have the old old 2003 FS9 version that became freeware ages ago.

The all new model released in 2008 is still in the shop for FS9 and FSX and is far more advanced and FSX SP1, SP2 and Acceleration native with self shadowing VC self shadowing etc.

David. (both aircrafts modeller)

cheezyflier
October 11th, 2008, 10:32
well, that explains it then, thanks!

tigisfat
October 11th, 2008, 19:30
well, that explains it then, thanks!

I know Alphasim aircraft that are six months old lose the public eye, but any self-respecting military aircraft nut should really have the 'new' SR-71. If everything I had was wiped out and I couldn't re-download, it's on the very short list to simply buy again. It's that good, and there's never been a better SR-71 for MSFS. I don't even think there's been another for FSX.