PDA

View Full Version : We Need

Good_2_Be
February 13th, 2009, 16:46
A toggle for "Flippin the Bird" cause this guy really deserved it

TARPSBird
February 13th, 2009, 16:58
Were you the Zero or the F4U? There's always that one guy who's so good he flies circles around you and you never get a chance to shoot him.
Sometimes I just get disgusted and start a new QC round. :mad:

Good_2_Be
February 13th, 2009, 17:10
I'm the F4U, We had a brief head on, just could not get a bead on him, hence the need for giving him the bird.....and yes I tried cutting around hitting the flaps to get in on him......the sob got me :caked:

miamieagle
February 13th, 2009, 19:23
Practrice,practice and more practice..........

Good_2_Be
February 13th, 2009, 20:39
Rest assured Payback came swiftly

Blue Devil
February 13th, 2009, 22:06
I'm the F4U, We had a brief head on, just could not get a bead on him, hence the need for giving him the bird.....and yes I tried cutting around hitting the flaps to get in on him......the sob got me :caked:

It's all about strengths, ...weaknesses, ...and tactics.

The F4U is heavier, ...faster, ...and w/ +/- twice the horsepower.

F4U:
1. Split-S under the Zero (where he loses you nose-down in the other direction, ...then high yo-yo's to find you, ...which takes his speed.)
2. Once you get the clock up to 225+kts, ...zoom climb for ~ 20-30 sec. at ~2500-3000 fpm, ...followed by a port-side high yo-yo.
3. Locate the meatball port-side low and keep him off the beam while you continue the climb/turn. (and he uses all his speed in a climbing turn to catch you.)
4. When he drops his nose (or stalls), ...roll in on'em and catch him in a shallow dive.
5. If he split-S's on you, ...high yo-yo away (so he won't get under ya) and get him when you come around again.

A6M:
1. Split-S under'em which will get his nose down in the other direction (if he doesn't high yo-yo away)
2. Then a hard reverse before he can get his nose up and zoom away. (or follow him if he comes up into a high yo-yo.)