PDA

View Full Version : Flightbeam Scenery?

DaleRFU
November 9th, 2017, 23:43
I read somewhere that when you buy any of their scenery you only get one registration so you can only us the scenery once, is that correct or have I misread something?

Can someone with any of their scenery clarify this please.

Regards
Dale

jeansy
November 10th, 2017, 02:23
no, you can install the scenery as many times as you please, i know i have done several reinstalls

a copy of your registry lic details are saved in your documents folder, so when you have to do uninstalls and or reinstalls,

its just a case of double clicking your reg lic data thats saved.

even if you loose the file, you just have to enter the email and serial to generate a new key

scotth6
November 10th, 2017, 20:07
Someone is doing Flightbeam a real disservice by spreading such nonsense. Flightbeam create some of the best sceneries in flight sim.

DaleRFU
November 11th, 2017, 03:00
That's why I wanted to clarify as that put me off but if it's someone writing rubbish I shall ignore and make a few purchases. I'm thinking of KDEN first. Does anyone have it?

jeansy
November 11th, 2017, 03:46
That's why I wanted to clarify as that put me off but if it's someone writing rubbish I shall ignore and make a few purchases. I'm thinking of KDEN first. Does anyone have it?
sorry no I want to get it but there have been some many aircraft released recently

I have

KJFK v2
KSFO HD
KLAX
KLAS
PHNL

scotth6
November 11th, 2017, 05:32

Yeah cool. It's a good thing you checked. Don't believe everything you read on the net :biggrin-new: (I'm sure you don't).

KDEN was my first purchase and it is spectacular. It is a massive airport, and the sim version is thoroughly detailed but retains very good performance. It has also just been updated to Version 2. V2 no longer uses the FSDT couatl program as it did previously. If researching FSDT or Flightbeam you are bound to hear many complaints about this program. I have personally never had any (serious) issues with it but many people complain about it. Either way Flightbeam are updating all their products to be independent of couatl.

If you wait a few weeks (possibly less) I wouldn't be surprised if Flightbeam joined in on the Black Friday sales.

Flightbeam are definitely amongst the top tier of developers.

Cheers,

DaleRFU
November 11th, 2017, 08:25
Oh of course I don't believe everything but I'd rather have checked than not.

I did read that both flightbeam and FSDT have updated their install manager which I'm glad about, I wasn't a massive fan of the previous method used. I'm hoping they have some stuff in the Black Friday sale, even if they don't I will still be making a few purchases so I have some nice scenery to go along with the QW787.

Thanks for all the clarification on the subject guys.