PDA

View Full Version : Strange pilot problem

sixstrings5859
November 8th, 2017, 14:44
In PTO Solomons i have a small problem. In QC i select a Japanese pilot and loads fine but after playing and return to main menu the pilot reverts to a allied pilot and Jap pilot never shows up again. Don't have this problem with PTO-RS. At a loss. Not a big problem but is annoying. Any help out there ? Regards,Scott

Daiwilletti
November 10th, 2017, 13:31
In PTO Solomons i have a small problem. In QC i select a Japanese pilot and loads fine but after playing and return to main menu the pilot reverts to a allied pilot and Jap pilot never shows up again. Don't have this problem with PTO-RS. At a loss. Not a big problem but is annoying. Any help out there ? Regards,Scott

Hi Scott,

when the main menu shows an allied pilot, do you see his aircraft? Maybe what you are seeing are the pilot and aircraft that are defined in the frontend.xml file, in the Missions folder.

Not sure about the circumstances when the frontend is displayed, and when your QC settings, which are found in your uisel.xml file, under your AppData pathway, are displayed.
Another setting at the very top of the country.xml, sets pilot default and default pilot model. I don't know how the default pilot setting affects UI. Maybe you could set japanese characters/pilots as default for frontend.xml and country.xml?

HTH,

sixstrings5859
November 10th, 2017, 18:11
Thank you for showing a way to check it out. Works fine in my PTO-RS install . Just haven't gone into details yet in PTO-Solomons .Thanks again for the help. Regards,Scott