PDA

View Full Version : Instant Scenery 2 Conundrum

falcon409
November 6th, 2017, 17:17
Here's my situation. . .after the mess I made going from Win7 to Win10 (formatting the wrong drive, losing all scenery work since the dawn of time, losing all invoices/download links/installation keys, etc, etc, etc) I lost the use of Instant Scenery 3 because I get "Invalid License" messages.

I do not have the Flight1 Wrapper for Instant Scenery 2 obviously and since that version was discontinued I can't just go re-download. I have the wrapper for V3, but no installation key because V3 was a Free Upgrade for me as a current V2 user. So how do I get back to V3? Just an observation. . .it is times like this that the Flight1 Wrapper system makes me want to "Wrap" it around the neck of the genius that came up with it in the first place.

Ok, anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

gman5250
November 6th, 2017, 17:34
it is times like this that the Flight1 Wrapper system makes me want to "Wrap" it around the neck of the genius that came up with it in the first place.

Ok, anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish this?

Probably the most effective approach would be to come up from behind the genius and place your arm around the neck, positioning your bicep on one side and forearm on the other. Pull the neck slightly up, and back towards you while grabbing your wrist with your free hand and compress, thus applying pressure to the carotid arteries.

After applying the pressure for sufficient time that the genius becomes limp, the wrapper can then be applied at your leisure. :untroubled:

Sorry Ed...I couldn't resist.

falcon409
November 6th, 2017, 18:01
Probably the most effective approach would be to come up from behind the genius and place your arm around the neck, positioning your bicep on one side and forearm on the other. Pull the neck slightly up, and back towards you while grabbing your wrist with your free hand and compress, thus applying pressure to the carotid arteries.

After applying the pressure for sufficient time that the genius becomes limp, the wrapper can then be applied at your leisure. :untroubled:

Sorry Ed...I couldn't resist.
lol, Yea, in hindsight I probably should have been a bit more specific, lol Thanks Gordon, lol

jeansy
November 6th, 2017, 19:37
Tell them http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

they are extremely helpful explain them your circumstance, you can request all your order history just by entering your email at > http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder

using your v2 order details submit a ticket requesting v3

flight1 IMHO have some of the best customer support ive ever dealt with

falcon409
November 6th, 2017, 20:44
Tell them http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp

they are extremely helpful explain them your circumstance, you can request all your order history just by entering your email at > http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=lostorder
using your v2 order details submit a ticket requesting v3
flight1 IMHO have some of the best customer support i've ever dealt with
I appreciate the help but I've already explained that I have V3. . .that's not the problem. The last installation key I have is for V2. . .everything since then has been updates. The last version is V3.07 I believe but if I install that via the wrapper it requires the password and installation key for that version (which I didn't need because it was a FREE upgrade) and I don't have that. . .I have the info for V2 which it doesn't recognize. If I just use the zipfile for the 3.07 Update, it installs ok, but because it technically isn't registered I get the "Invalid License" error when I try to load it once I'm in the Sim. Your correct in that Flight1 will have to determine how they want to handle it. The only way I see it working is for them to issue me an installation key and password for V3.07 despite the fact that I never purchased that version.

jeansy
November 6th, 2017, 22:30
i understand that but have you read the IS 2 page

Instant Scenery 2 has been discontinued
For those who purchased the previous versions Instant Scenery,
they can still be downloaded by contacting product support here (http://www.flight1.com/ticket.asp).

you just need your IS2 order number

BendyFlyer
November 7th, 2017, 01:28
Falcon I can empathise with your predicament, I had a similar problem (including the PC problems) not that long ago. Complete rebuild from the ground up, reckon its taken me 9 months (including scenery) to do this. I also lost my instant scenery files and all the custom scenery work I had done (10 unique flying boat bases). Now, I did go back to Flight 1 and I did eventually get a response and was able to re-download IS2 and then update, it just took awhile.

I can only concur with your views about the Flight 1 wrapper and e-com/website, it is simply a total cluster with a capital F. You just go round in circles, drove me nuts. As a result I have never purchased another product from them. Hated every minute of the experience, sorry but your in good company if it helps.

falcon409
November 7th, 2017, 04:01
i understand that but have you read the IS 2 page
you just need your IS2 order number
Yep, not that simple though. I followed the links and it brings you to another page of links. End result is that I opted to simply send them a "Customer Support" request with all the information I have for V2. I can't think of another company (I'm sure that statement will bring out others who will now recite many additional companies) that forces a customer to jump through so many hoops to get a simple download. Every other site I do business with simply allows me to get into my account page, locate the correct download and be done with it. Entire transaction takes less than a few minutes. With Flight1, if I get to my account page there is a list of purchases, but no download links. . .just a list, which is useless really.

We'll see how this goes.

jeansy
November 7th, 2017, 04:45
i never had a problem getting a new copy of IS 2 from them,

I used to supply the v2 order number and submitted a ticket and I got the response and link lass than 24hrs later

I personally think your just making it hard for your self no real reason, as the ticket system works fine and they have even stated they still honor v2 purchases

in short i upgraded to save same time and effort, and will do so again when they release IS 4 for P3Dv4

I can understand why they no longer post v2 links, as it will confuse new people and they want people to upgrade so they dont have to provide support for various version of the same product, they are a company and their aim is to make money

no company i know will make life difficult for themselves, take virtavia, they emailed me saying they will not honor any of my purchases from the old alphasim store let alone look for my previous orders numbers even after several requests.

falcon409
November 7th, 2017, 05:06
i never had a problem getting a new copy of IS 2 from them,

I used to supply the v2 order number and submitted a ticket and I got the response and link lass than 24hrs later
I personally think your just making it hard for your self no real reason, as the ticket system works fine and they have even stated they still honor v2 purchases
in short i upgraded to save same time and effort, and will do so again when they release IS 4 for P3Dv4
I can understand why they no longer post v2 links, as it will confuse new people and they want people to upgrade so they dont have to provide support for various version of the same product, they are a company and their aim is to make money
no company i know will make life difficult for themselves, take Virtavia, they emailed me saying they will not honor any of my purchases from the old alphasim store let alone look for my previous orders numbers even after several requests.
Thanks Matt. . .you have your opinion I have mine. If I get this worked out in a timely manner I'll be satisfied.

jeansy
November 7th, 2017, 05:15
fingers crosssed