PDA

View Full Version : FSX Native S2A-CDF Tracker

Milton Shupe
November 6th, 2017, 16:19
As a "filler of time" project, I have started the FSX native conversion of this model. Just completed all the exterior work and now heading inside to the VC. Should have it out for beta by the weekend.

I was hoping to get one of these fire fighters out earlier in the Summer but the other projects kept me too busy.

Daveroo
November 6th, 2017, 17:04
ooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo....do a T88/T89?....i wanna fly i wanna fly!!! wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHoooooooooo

loves them tankers......hey ill beta test in P3Dv4.1................K?....huh? HUH??

Milton Shupe
November 6th, 2017, 17:11
I will likely do an open beta to maximize testing exposure.

blanston12
November 6th, 2017, 19:15
Nice! I am really looking forward to this one!

tankerguy72
November 6th, 2017, 20:02
Milton,

Not sure if I ever sent them over to you, but had made some newer textures for the S2A than the ones I first created on the screenshots you posted above. Ill send them over to you for the new package if youd like?

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4513/26456356529_84b862ff15_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GiRK56)

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4504/26456356429_d3a88cca39_c.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/GiRK3n)

Milton Shupe
November 6th, 2017, 20:40
Yes, please. That would be great! Thanks :jump:

malibu43
November 6th, 2017, 20:57
Awesome! I've been looking forward to this for a while!

warchild
November 7th, 2017, 01:38
This was one of my favorite planes in FS9.. Really glad to see it coming back,, Thanks in advance Milton :)

J.Case
November 7th, 2017, 10:25
As a "filler of time" project, I have started the FSX native conversion of this model. Just completed all the exterior work and now heading inside to the VC. Should have it out for beta by the weekend.

I was hoping to get one of these fire fighters out earlier in the Summer but the other projects kept me too busy.

YESSSS:applause: ... and maybe a little pimp up on the rear seats of one of my favorit subhunter . . . ?:cheerful:

.... it already has a radar installed!?

Milton Shupe
November 7th, 2017, 11:00
YESSSS:applause: ... and maybe a little pimp up on the rear seats of one of my favorit subhunter . . . ?:cheerful:

.... it already has a radar installed!?

JC, do not get too excited. This is just one of the 12 released Trackers with 16 different models.

This variant is the S2A CDF fire tanker only. Only 11 more conversions to go after this one, at least 1-2 weeks each, as I get time. :-)

Maybe sometime next year.

Milton Shupe
November 7th, 2017, 11:03
Meanwhile, I got the VC animations and tags converted today.

That pesky xml is driving me bonkers on the effects (wasted 6 hours trying to get them to work) so no retardant drop effects yet.

stovall
November 7th, 2017, 11:25
Definitely one of my favorites as this beauty flew out of Redding for years with the CDF.

malibu43
November 7th, 2017, 13:07

That pesky xml is driving me bonkers on the effects (wasted 6 hours trying to get them to work) so no retardant drop effects yet.

A lot of folks (myself included) use Firefighter X now. So the drop gage and effect may actually not be used by as many this time around.

Just sayin'...

Bjoern
November 7th, 2017, 13:17

What's the issue?

Milton Shupe
November 7th, 2017, 16:48
What's the issue?

The switch, the doors, and the events that the effects are attached to. :-)

I have to give it another 6 hours to make it a good "college try", then I'll request help.
That's how we learn. LOL

EDIT: Okay, got two out of three working now (switch and doors), just need to get the effects working.

Milton Shupe
November 8th, 2017, 06:19
Mjahn showed me my xml error in calling the effects but still no joy so I have yet to sort that out. But, I feel I am close to getting that going.

Meanwhile, Tankerguy's original textures still look good on this old boy and hopefully he can send the texture updates before the weekend, at which time we should have a (pre?)beta available to sort out any remaining issues in FSX/P3D.

EDIT: Okay, got the called effects working. :wiggle:

tankerguy72
November 8th, 2017, 08:25
Looks good. I'll send them over this evening.

Milton Shupe
November 8th, 2017, 08:59
Looks good. I'll send them over this evening.

Thank TG; appreciated. :-)

I kind of like the old stained doors; may just keep the old with the new.

Milton Shupe
November 12th, 2017, 18:24
Was hoping to get this beta out this weekend but was delayed with other project work.

I have 3 more things to complete on this model before packaging up a beta test.

Hopefully will have it out by next weekend.

manfredc3
November 12th, 2017, 18:34
Just ran in to this one, Looks like a lot of fun flying it during my upcoming Christmas vacation :encouragement:

Milton Shupe
November 15th, 2017, 18:38
Got thru the changes and the package is out for a quick pre-beta test. If all goes well, and feedback by Thursday or Friday night, I'll get it out by the weekend.

I'll be out of state Friday but hopefully back by 6 PM and we can get the beta package out to those interested.

Thanks to Tankerguy72 for updated textures and bump maps. :applause:

Penzoil3
November 25th, 2017, 14:08
Sir, is this out of Beta yet ?
thanks
Sue

Milton Shupe
November 25th, 2017, 15:15
Sir, is this out of Beta yet ?
thanks
Sue

Yes Ma'am; right here:

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=23161

Penzoil3
November 26th, 2017, 02:01
Wahoo ! Thanks! I have a buddy that's been waiting for this! He's retired air force, 84 years young.
Sue

Milton Shupe
November 26th, 2017, 06:24
Wahoo ! Thanks! I have a buddy that's been waiting for this! He's retired air force, 84 years young.
Sue

Sue,

Two things:

1) First, this is a fire tanker, not a military aircraft so you might want to get the S2F-1, S2F-3, oe C-1A that Euroastar350 converted to FSX native some time ago.

2) WND, a very thorough beta tester, just found some problems with the package that I and 160 downloaders in an open beta did not catch, or report. So, I have removed the upload until these issues get corrected.

Daveroo
November 26th, 2017, 11:25
m just getting back online here,pc crashed,had to clean and reinstall win 10,i tried to just reinstall/repair P3Dv4.1,but to no avale,i now have to delete everything and start over....sigh

Milton Shupe
November 26th, 2017, 19:36
I have just re-posted the S2A - CDF v1.1 with all fixes applied.

Thanks to WND for the heads-up on the remaining issues.

There is one quirk I did not correct; that is the Nav/GPS switch is reported to be backwards.
I guess as long as you know that, you can use it. :-)

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?catid=34&linkid=23161

Penzoil3
November 26th, 2017, 20:03
Thanks Mr. Shupe, (I'd say Milt, but Mama raised me not to do that without permission when speaking to some one older than I ) but he was looking for the fire tanker. He emailed me tonight saying thanks, he'd downloaded it.
Sue

Milton Shupe
November 26th, 2017, 20:17
Thanks Mr. Shupe, (I'd say Milt, but Mama raised me not to do that without permission when speaking to some one older than I ) but he was looking for the fire tanker. He emailed me tonight saying thanks, he'd downloaded it.
Sue

LOL You have my permission Ma'am :-)

Oh darn, hope he got the corrected version I just put up a little bit ago.

I also wish Tankerguy72 would finish up his photoreal cockpit version. It will be awesome; well used and gives you a better feel for the old gal. :-) We made a lot of progress on it last week but still have the vc panels to complete.