PDA

View Full Version : Unofficial Alphasim Community Forum

fsafranek
October 8th, 2008, 13:30
A new forum has opened for the old crowd at Alphasim.

It is called the "Unofficial Alphasim Community Forum".

The URL is: http://www.virtualavia.com/alphasim/

It is sponsored by Shaggy. Thank you Shaggy!
The use of Alphasim in the title has been authorized by Alphasim. Thank you Phil.

At this time there are only two forum sections: "Screenshots" and "The Cafe"

There is no Tech Support section. The official Alphasim website has support.

Please come over and register.
:ernae:

Nick C
October 8th, 2008, 13:39
May want to alter this statement in the forum Frank:

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism is allowed, however any criticisms will be heavily moderated.

Reads as: Constructive criticism will also be heavily moderated ;)

BananaBob
October 8th, 2008, 13:40
May want to alter this statement in the forum Frank:

Reads as: Constructive criticism will also be heavily moderated ;)

Yeah, no doubt, LOL :costumes:

michael davies
October 8th, 2008, 14:02
Mmm looking at the list of moderators I dont think I'd last long over there LOL, doesnt look like a place where you can speak freely, looks more like a fan club than the last set of forums TBH.

Still it'll make a lot of people very happy, all the power to them and good luck for the future :ernae:.

Best

Michael

Lateral-G
October 8th, 2008, 14:09
Might as well say:

NO criticism allowed! :costumes:

-G-

fsafranek
October 8th, 2008, 14:26
Well, so far everyone is walking around over there like the floor is made of egg shells. The point of the new one is to allow the folks who used to frequent the old one get back together and share screenshots, tell war stories, etc. No support will be provided -- Alphasim has nothing to do with that place other than use of the name -- they can take care of that on their own turf. If you want to grumble do it here. Believe me they do read it over here.

We just opened this new place top stay in touch. There is nothing to be critical of yet. I didn't write the rules. I'm only the messenger. One hour old and I'm already defending it. :banghead:

Nick C
October 8th, 2008, 14:28
Ain't life fun Frank :costumes:

I too wish it the best of luck and hope it serves those who use it well.

michael davies
October 8th, 2008, 14:40
Well, so far everyone is walking around over there like the floor is made of egg shells. The point of the new one is to allow the folks who used to frequent the old one get back together and share screenshots, tell war stories, etc. No support will be provided -- Alphasim has nothing to do with that place other than use of the name -- they can take care of that on their own turf. If you want to grumble do it here. Believe me they do read it over here.

We just opened this new place top stay in touch. There is nothing to be critical of yet. I didn't write the rules. I'm only the messenger. One hour old and I'm already defending it. :banghead:

Frank you know me, I do two things really well, one : annoy the bejezus out of a lot of people, two : bend lean poly meshes.

I wont sign up because I wont be able to help myself at some point call a spade a spade and I don't think thats the sort of thing they want to encourage over there.

I understand what their doing and that they honestly mean well but their effectively advertising for Alphasim for free when Alphasim pulled the rug from under their feet. The fact that Alphasim endorses the name simply proves that Alphasim realise the need and importance of forums but are not prepared to take the rough with the smooth :isadizzy:.

Sorry I'm just a little at odds with the concept of an unofficial Alphasim forum, its a contradiction of terms, I suspect that I'm probably the only person on the planet who thinks like that LOL.

I've no axe to grind with anyone who partakes and I do wish them well, now I'd better get back to that second thing I do really well, in an effort to balance this one LOL.

Best

Michael

CWOJackson
October 8th, 2008, 14:43
Welcome to the Unofficial AlphaSim Community Forum's Cafe section. Please follow these rules.

No defamation of persons, products, or opinions, PERIOD.

You may discuss other companies' products but should refrain from comparisons and negativity.

CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms are allowed, but they will be heavily moderated.
Moderators do not need to provide a reason to delete, modify, or move posts.

-------------------------------------------------

There will be no discussion, debate, or mention of Phil or AlphaSim's decisions about the official forum, product support, and their reaction to other websites. Any post concerning these will be deleted immediately and the post's author temporarily or permanently banned.

Phil himself allowed us to create a forum here for the AlphaSim community.

Thanks,
The Moderation Staff

---------------------------------------------------------

Seems like a very open and friendly place to me.

S
October 8th, 2008, 14:45
I understand what their doing and that they honestly mean well but their effectively advertising for Alphasim for free when Alphasim pulled the rug from under their feet. The fact that Alphasim endorses the name simply proves that Alphasim realise the need and importance of forums but are not prepared to take the rough with the smooth :isadizzy:.

Michael
Nah Michael, I usually find myself agreeing with you on most points but I can assure you this was being discussed long before the whole discussion thread started here about the AS forums being down. It was suggested to get some sort of forum back for the community as they didn't want to kill off the community that used to frequent their forums for general discussions, screenshot posts etc. ;)

Again no support forum, no official AS governing the whole thing.

michael davies
October 8th, 2008, 14:58
Nah Michael, I usually find myself agreeing with you on most points but I can assure you this was being discussed long before the whole discussion thread started here about the AS forums being down. It was suggested to get some sort of forum back for the community as they didn't want to kill off the community that used to frequent their forums for general discussions, screenshot posts etc. ;)

Again no support forum, no official AS governing the whole thing.

Yes I fully understand the why and wherefore, but using Alphasim in the name implies an implicit association, y'all been better off starting a forum for Ex Alphasim members or something, the fact that Phil has graciously allowed the use of the Alphasim name means that they are beholden to him and its not truly a place where you can speak freely, at any time if Alphasim feel the forum is not best supporting Alphasim interests then he can remove the name linking or make life difficult.

Currently the membership is aware of the why and wherefore, but what of new members in a years time ?, how will they fair when they see a forum with Alphasim in the title, but not allowed to ask tech questions and ask for product resolutions, granted you have a read me but be honest, how many people read them ?, they don't, y'all saw that at AS, never read the rules and never use the search engine, rule stickies are great, great for pointing to people after they have posted something inappropriate. I ran AS forums for five years and another TS one for three, I know too well what members are like, especially new ones LOL, bless em :icon_lol:.

I'm not suggesting he will but I've been on the dirty ( sometimes very dirty ) side of this business for ten years and friendships never last for ever and when pushin gets to shovin things taken for granted suddenly become a mess.

Anyway its only my PoV and counts for nowt, its becoming clear by the day that my path is diverging at an exponential rate, I should learn to let go graciously LOL.

Sincerely

Michael

SpaceWeevil
October 8th, 2008, 15:25
Having lurked at the old AS forums for a long time, it seemed to me that for each post that sincerely offered help or constructive criticism, there were several more that were a lot closer to sneering and bandwagon-jumping. I guess when it's all aimed at YOU it's sometimes hard to sort one from t'other, and defensiveness seeps in. Doubly so when it's their hobby but your livelihood. I don't agree with their decision to scrap the forums, and their current hypersensitivity to criticism does them no favours, but I think I understand it.

hey_moe
October 8th, 2008, 15:31
I understand the rules there but is it really fair if you buy a bad product you can't discuss it with other members:banghead: If it wasn't for some of you guys pushing me in the right direction I would have ended up with more junk that I can handle.

Bone
October 8th, 2008, 18:30
Hey Poli-Jedi, you should sign up any way.

CodyValkyrie
October 8th, 2008, 19:52
I think I'll pass...

Lionheart
October 8th, 2008, 20:17
Thanks Frank for the heads up.

Good to know there is still a place to talk on their lines of aircraft.

I love my Rutan.

Bill

tigisfat
October 8th, 2008, 22:46
The website is not offering anything for hire; It doesn't need Phil's approval to use the alphasim name. I could go start my own website to talk about Alphasim tomorrow if I wanted and it would be totally legal. I can even bring it in here, see: ALPHASIM, ALPHASIM, ALPHASIM. He can only reach out and touch you with litigation if your website set out to defame Alphasim's name.

You can do whatever you want with your own forum, because it is your own forum, but IMHO and with all due respect it seems rediculous that criticism would be heavily moderated. You can be a true fan of the Yankees and be mad about how they played a game. On the same side of the token; you can appreciate Alphasim's products and think that some of them aren't worth one KB on a TB drive.

Maybe not on a private forum, but for the love of god already; If I pay 50 dollars for something that I felt I didn't get a good deal on, then I don't care whatsoever about the seller's feelings. A seller should be more worried about a buyer's feelings than the other way around. When did we get so mixed up in the MSFS world? Devs are a bunch of primadonnas--it ain't always bad, but sometimes it is. Jesus. I'll tiptoe around their feelings when I want them to give ME money.:banghead:

tigisfat
October 8th, 2008, 22:47
BTW: It may not seem that way after my last post, but I think it's pretty cool of you to open up those forums.:ernae:

Prowler1111
October 8th, 2008, 23:15
Devs are a bunch of primadonnas
I´ve been restraining myself from posting in this thread, but i have to disagree with you in this statement.The FACT that Alphasim Owner/Devs/Forum Masters of The Universe BELIEVE they are the ultimate :censored:t! in the entire universe, does not give the right to anyone to include the other devs in the same can of worms.I´ve met TRUE gentlemen in this biz, people who are more than willing to say "I´m sorry, i did a mistake", and ABOVE ALL, real creators, not just TWEAKERS of someone else´s work to fit a simulator platform.There, now ban me, throw me to the lions, whatever you want, but i wont accept anyone to call the rest of us devs "primma donnas" just because a bunch think they are.
BTW, is nothing personal against you tigisfat, just that i believe the generalization was totally uncalled for

Best regards
Prowler

PS: That is all i´m going to say on this subject JUST AS PROFESSIONAL COURTESY.

michael davies
October 8th, 2008, 23:25
Hey Poli-Jedi, you should sign up any way.

Nope, too political for me, I've enough trouble keeping my nose clean and biting my tongue in the current forums I haunt LOL, I dont need another where I have to mind my Ps and Qs :icon_lol:.

Y'all have fun now over there.

Best

Michael

Lionheart
October 8th, 2008, 23:31
When did we get so mixed up in the MSFS world? Devs are a bunch of primadonnas--it ain't always bad, but sometimes it is. Jesus. I'll tiptoe around their feelings when I want them to give ME money.:banghead:

what?

I bought my Rutan from them and they treated me nice. It wasnt perfect, but a real Rutan isnt either. They dont have air conditioning or gold plated knobbies. They are regular machines, and sim software isnt perfect either. Dang.....

Nothing is perfect. Well, except God. Everything else for that matter will have flaws, and a person that sees tons of flaws will be a person that looks for flaws.. A person that sees the good in things will indeed find good.

man........

Francois
October 8th, 2008, 23:37
Frankly, I thought THIS was already the unofficial Alphasim forum ??

tigisfat
October 9th, 2008, 00:07
I´ve been restraining myself from posting in this thread, but i have to disagree with you in this statement.The FACT that Alphasim Owner/Devs/Forum Masters of The Universe BELIEVE they are the ultimate :censored:t! in the entire universe, does not give the right to anyone to include the other devs in the same can of worms.I´ve met TRUE gentlemen in this biz, people who are more than willing to say "I´m sorry, i did a mistake", and ABOVE ALL, real creators, not just TWEAKERS of someone else´s work to fit a simulator platform.There, now ban me, throw me to the lions, whatever you want, but i wont accept anyone to call the rest of us devs "primma donnas" just because a bunch think they are.
BTW, is nothing personal against you tigisfat, just that i believe the generalization was totally uncalled for

Best regards
Prowler

PS: That is all i´m going to say on this subject JUST AS PROFESSIONAL COURTESY.

What exactly are you all bent outta shape about?:isadizzy:

Calling someone a primma donna isn't insulting them. Most artists are, and some would believe that's a compliment. It depends on how you look at it.

You've gone wild with my post. I never suggested that anyone wasn't a gentleman.

This is the new Alphasim forums. I just said something that disrupted the momentum of a few fanboys, and I got jumped on.

Let's get something straight: I'm a loyal customer of many developers, I appreciate their work and would love to shake a few hands (including yours), but I won't be a grovel-at-their-knees fanboy who loves to be regularly insulted by a certain maniac from New Zealand. There's a HUGE difference. Why would anyone join a discussion forum that doesn't allow negative opinions? That's not discussion, that's BUTT-KISSING.

Pultacatt
October 9th, 2008, 00:12
Frankly, I thought THIS was already the unofficial Alphasim forum ??:d:applause:

Some Dev's most definitely are Prima Donna's. But then they have every right to be when one considers the work they are doing.

Other Dev's are complete and utter gentlemen and many of them we share their company here in this very forum.

How ever where I think Tigisfat's point lies is that the Prima Donna's that portray a stance of diety above all others do not deserve the right to treat mortals, those of us who purchase their wares, like something they find on the bottom of their shoes and those that do are very much in the minority. I hope I am right?

What I find interesting is that not one repaint artist, in my experience has ever been publicly rude or otherwise... What makes the difference between a Dev and a Repaint guy?

S
October 9th, 2008, 03:08
So many people seem to think this new place is just a copy of the old AlphaSim forums whereas it merely functions as a continuation of the community of people that were posting on the old forums on a regular base. I'm glad I am once again able to keep in touch with a few of the wonderful people that registered on those forums over the years. For me that is the main reason for joining up there and I am quite sure this was one of the main reasons why Shaggy did his stinking best to get this up as quickly as possible. One can only respect a man for that..

I am happy to see familiar names and to have a place again to chat about anything aviation. It doesn't seem to land that that place really was home to many folks, often only coming there to meet up with their online buddies again and read some nice stories while having a beer. Share interest, unwind etc. Again just as the Sim Outhouse forums are to many. Imagine this place going to hell, (like recently) wouldn't you all be very glad to see it back?

Lionheart that was beautiful. I think I need to listen to you more often. :redf: Something to put up next to the calendar in the toilet! :icon_lol:

jmig
October 9th, 2008, 03:54
Frankly, I thought THIS was already the unofficial Alphasim forum ??

No Kidding!

I have not purchased any Alphasim products since the F-5E. I am certainly no longer a fan of Phil or Alphasim. For three days I have read with satisfaction and emotional pleasure the kicking, bashing and pissing on Phil and Alphasim. It seems that many of us have reason to not like Alphasim.

SOH has given us an outlet to vent our frustrations and anger. We have taken advantage of it through the Alphasim Closes Forum thread. However, gentlemen, I fear we are quickly reaching (Or have passed) the point of acting no better than the "Alphasim groupies" we consider boot lickers.

We have voiced our disapproval of Alphasim's tactics and in some cases products below expectations . I think it is time to quit kicking the dead dog.

If fans of Alphasim products want to have a forum to sign its praises, they have that right. If I don't care to participate, no one is forcing me to do so. Yes, they may have the same atmosphere and tightly controlled rules of the old forum. That too is their right.

fsafranek came here and announced the opening of the new forum. It seems to me that all we did was restart the old thread with fresh meat. I suspect that many of the members of the alphasim fan club see us as whiners, malcontents and nitpickers. I know and you know we are better than that... At least most of the time.

I think it is time we moved on to bigger and better things. Positive things.

Pultacatt
October 9th, 2008, 04:04
gentlemen, I fear we are quickly reaching (Or have passed) the point of acting no better than the "Alphasim groupies" we consider boot lickers.

:redf::redf::redf: Agreed :redf::redf::redf:

DaveQ
October 9th, 2008, 04:16
:d:applause:

What I find interesting is that not one repaint artist, in my experience has ever been publicly rude or otherwise... What makes the difference between a Dev and a Repaint guy?

I for one am just awestruck by the skills needed to put together 3D models, especially the newer FSX Alphasim ones. The other side of the coin is that we occasionally find bits of a model that don't lend themselves to other than the original textures, or, in the case of the AS Sabre, we find bits that are not accurately shaped. For that reason I think we can attract flak when we're only trying to help.

But if any of you whiney :censored:stards ever mention the fact that I've got the squadron shield in the wrong place on something........:banghead:

:costumes::costumes:

DaveQ - signed up last night

PS - Oh and I did get really cross when someone said they were fed up with the Brits all moaning and weren't going to do any more Brit stuff and I was, well, a bit rude......!

UKMIL
October 9th, 2008, 07:56
I for one am just awestruck by the skills needed to put together 3D models, especially the newer FSX Alphasim ones.

PS - Oh and I did get really cross when someone said they were fed up with the Brits all moaning and weren't going to do any more Brit stuff and I was, well, a bit rude......!

remember, AS actually sub let the work to a third party 3D model team for MOST of their models, and they just make them work in FSX, with little or no modifications. So most of your awestruck is for NON AS peeps.

as for the British stuff, there is still plenty to be had elsewhere. IRIS are putting together what looks like a fantastic Vulcan!

Bone
October 9th, 2008, 08:02
Alphasim bootlickers? Fanboys? I buy from all vendors, except AFS...they suck. I like the chemistry of the group at the A.S. forum, and I have always been annoyed by Phil's bedside manner, but that didn't scare me away. The freelance Dev's are who I want to support.

Tigisfat tends to play the devils advocate on issues, which tends to piss people off. I think it's funny to watch, but there were times in the past when it got out of hand and the forum was in an uproar. AND THAT, as an example, IS WHY the rules are like they are. One could spend Eons bashing "certain" people and products, and it has the potential to get ugly and out of control. The new forum wants to avoid the negativity.

No offence intended, Tigisfat, I just put it out there like I've seen you do.

S
October 9th, 2008, 08:36
remember, AS actually sub let the work to a third party 3D model team for MOST of their models, and they just make them work in FSX, with little or no modifications. So most of your awestruck is for NON AS peeps.

One of the core members is Daniel Dunn. Not only is he able to create top quality 3d models from scratch, he also is a talented graphics artist able to make a 3d model come alive. Plus he is dedicated enough to fully dive into the SDK files to try and get the most out of it.

And yes I know you said 'MOST', not 'ALL'.

I'm just sad to see all the names that I expected popup here to do their monthly bit of AS dishing again. If you dislike or even hate Phil, fine, go to a shrink, talk it over, get it out of the system and move on and be done with it. It's pretty tiresome to see this happen. Or maybe my perception is just way off.

An AS fanboy suspect. :jump:

SkippyBing
October 9th, 2008, 08:58
I'm just sad to see all the names that I expected popup here to do their monthly bit of AS dishing again.

Similar to the feeling one used to get as the same names popped up at the AS forums to heap the latest model with unalloyed praise. Alphasim, the Marmite of flight simming.

Lateral-G
October 9th, 2008, 09:07
No Kidding!

I have not purchased any Alphasim products since the F-5E. I am certainly no longer a fan of Phil or Alphasim. For three days I have read with satisfaction and emotional pleasure the kicking, bashing and pissing on Phil and Alphasim. It seems that many of us have reason to not like Alphasim.

SOH has given us an outlet to vent our frustrations and anger. We have taken advantage of it through the Alphasim Closes Forum thread. However, gentlemen, I fear we are quickly reaching (Or have passed) the point of acting no better than the "Alphasim groupies" we consider boot lickers.

We have voiced our disapproval of Alphasim's tactics and in some cases products below expectations . I think it is time to quit kicking the dead dog.

If fans of Alphasim products want to have a forum to sign its praises, they have that right. If I don't care to participate, no one is forcing me to do so. Yes, they may have the same atmosphere and tightly controlled rules of the old forum. That too is their right.

fsafranek came here and announced the opening of the new forum. It seems to me that all we did was restart the old thread with fresh meat. I suspect that many of the members of the alphasim fan club see us as whiners, malcontents and nitpickers. I know and you know we are better than that... At least most of the time.

I think it is time we moved on to bigger and better things. Positive things.

well said :ernae:

-G-

IanP
October 9th, 2008, 09:07
Alphasim, the Marmite of flight simming.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ian P.

Bone
October 9th, 2008, 09:16
:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Ian P.

My former wife is English, and I'm an American. The first time I had Marmite she shoved a dollop in my mouth and I almost puked. "AAARRG, What the F#ck is that Sh%t". Thankfully, I don't quite get the same reaction from A.S.

S
October 9th, 2008, 09:31
Similar to the feeling one used to get as the same names popped up at the AS forums to heap the latest model with unalloyed praise. Alphasim, the Marmite of flight simming.
The point I was trying to make is that I had expected this place to do better, especially given all the talk about the bandwagon jumping over at AS. I really like this place but I guess some replies in this thread got me slightly confused about those feelings. Though I have to add that this of course only applies to a few.

And eye for an eye should never be something you consider when it comes to a hobby, well if that's what you suggested with that post anyways. It's not a friggin' war where you're supposed to shoot people through the head in self defense.

noddy
October 9th, 2008, 09:33
Well the long and the short of it, if you don't like alphasim don't buy their models!

What could be simpler?

michael davies
October 9th, 2008, 09:54
The point I was trying to make is that I had expected this place to do better, especially given all the talk about the bandwagon jumping over at AS. I really like this place but I guess some replies in this thread got me slightly confused about those feelings. Though I have to add that this of course only applies to a few.

And eye for an eye should never be something you consider when it comes to a hobby, well if that's what you suggested with that post anyways. It's not a friggin' war where you're supposed to shoot people through the head in self defense.

Erik,

I think the point here is that some folks here feel they've been bad done by AS, whether they have or not is not for this dialogue, they still feel like that, now some folks haven't.

Unfortunately whats happening here is that the key people these arguments need to be addressed with are not present, nor is there any other way to publicly address their issues, thus innocents like yourself are going to get pilloried because you now appear as the spokes person for AS.

I went through this for years, actually for several years most folks here thought I was 'Mr' Alphasim, simply because I was the only one posting in forums.

Your not being beaten because its your fault, your being beaten by association which isn't fair but it is whats happening, that is the problem I mentioned last night, the new forum has Alphasim in its name and rightly or wrongly that makes it fair game for those who feel wronged by AS over the years.

Once again the key people who can resolve or sooth all this are absent, it pains me to see innocents getting whipped for their beliefs.

Best

Michael

S
October 9th, 2008, 10:17
I know, I know Michael. Or I think at least a part of me knows and usually I am really good at just ignoring threads and have everyone have their own opinion. But somehow I think something got triggered and I just want to defend all those good guys I've met over at the AS forums over the years. I hate it when I feel a whole group gets generalized you see. ;)

Well I guess you know how it feels indeed trying to defend the good points hehe. I guess I should just let go.

I need a Yoga class, Rheiki maybe hehe. And English lessons, I always feel like I can only express myself so so in English. :redf:

I will try to let go! Thanks for taking the time to reply Michael! It's appreciated! :ernae:

jmig
October 9th, 2008, 10:31
...I need a Yoga class, Rheiki maybe hehe. And English lessons, I always feel like I can only express myself so so in English. :redf:

I will try to let go! Thanks for taking the time to reply Michael! It's appreciated! :ernae:
Eric, I would have never known English wasn't your first language from your posts.

CodyValkyrie
October 9th, 2008, 10:51
And English lessons, I always feel like I can only express myself so so in English. :redf:

How do you think I feel? It IS my native language and I have a hard time expressing myself :D

Henry
October 9th, 2008, 11:08
And English lessons, I always feel like I can only express myself so so in English. :redf:

One must always push #1 for english:banghead:
Sir you do a lot better than I :ernae:
as i am not one side or the other in this matter
i have never had any problems with AS
and Phil has been one of my kinda heroes
since fs5, he did a mossie panel what can i say? :redf:
i hate to see people bitching
all the AS planes that i have i love
no im not on AS forums
But seems to me a lot of people are ticked off
i hope it all comes back together
one way or another
H

centuryseries
October 9th, 2008, 12:18

as for the British stuff, there is still plenty to be had elsewhere. IRIS are putting together what looks like a fantastic Vulcan!

With respect, it takes a lot more than "little or no modifications" to convert an aircraft model supplied by a 3d rendering company than you think - just ask Michael!

I'm fed up of coming in here and seeing what was a good intentioned post by Frank turn into an Anti-AlphaSim march. :kilroy:

Also fed up of seeing AlphaSims competition bitching about AS decisions and products especially since they have a vested interest in defaming their work.

rsgunner
October 9th, 2008, 12:39
Frank initiated a topic concerning an unofficial AlphaSim forums.

It just seems as if this was the signal to bash AS and some of its supporters and the nature of the new unofficial forum.

Everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath.

This is a hobby and place to discuss our mutual interest. But to continually fan the fires just drives members away. It happened at the AS forums and it has happened here.

I would hate to see anyone leave but I can see a possibility of that occurring.

Russ

IanP
October 9th, 2008, 12:41
Then you know what? The same as those who don't like Alphasim are being told that they don't need to buy Alphasim aircraft, those who don't like being told that Alphasim aren't deities of the highest order don't need to go to forums where they might be told that.

I have to say that both sides have merit here, but that's the whole issue - there are two sides to every problem. If you just choose to ignore one side, because you don't like the fact that people disagree with you, that doesn't make the problem go away.

CodyValkyrie
October 9th, 2008, 13:02
I'll give my piece then I am out of this hostile thread. Sure, maybe it doesn't belong in THIS particular thread, but rather than create another I'll put it here since the subject has already been brought up.

I'll give Alphasim credit where it is due. I really like the Gee Bee and the LongEZ. That I believe for Alphasim was a step in the right direction. I'll be the first to admit that I really like both of these planes. I'm sure there are others that I might like, but let me continue point by point.

1) Fact. There are MANY more planes from AS I DO NOT LIKE or feel do not live up to my particular standards for an FSAddon. Why do I want to spend a ton of money guessing which addon I "might" like.
2) Fact. AS no longer runs their own forums, which to many is questionable at best, especially considering that many frequented it.
3) Fact. Phil had it in his forum signature that they were one, if not the only company making software with the FSX SDK.... Sure, I may have worded it incorrectly, but since I can't go back and find it, who cares. We all saw it though.
4) Fact. Their prices are fairly high considering their competition. Whether or not you think you are getting your value for your money is subjective.
5) Fact. Phil posted a rant about the forum closure blaming in part simFlight for putting out misinformation.
6) Fact. Phil and members of the original AS forum have attacked me, and many others for what I feel are fair criticism. I only posted once asking about an update on the LongEZ and was attacked for not being a good pilot?... Ok.

It seems to me that many of the problems stem from a certain individual, who I will call out by name. It also seems to me that many of the members of the AS forum are also guilty of this.... so, with this in mind, does it seem unreasonable that a few of us take the opportunity to let a little blood when we see AS mentioned on this forum?

I won't purchase another AS addon, and I made that decision quickly after buying the Gee Bee. I saw the writing on the board. If people want to go to the unnofficial forum which just so happens to be endorsed by the same guy that makes me want to claw my eyes out when I read his posts, then so be it. You are free to do so. If however some of you think that some of us won't say how we feel about AS when such an opportunity arises, or that somehow we must adhere to the rules of the Unnofficial AS forum here... I got a surprise for you.

In fact, it kinda hurts to say this as I have some good friends over there. SimFreak being one of them. I'll continue to stay his friend as he is a gentleman and produces good videos, and I'll attempt to not vent my frustration with a company which I don't particularly care for does yet another stupid thing... primarily being driven at the helm by a madman. However, I am also part of this business... with MANY clients. I am used to bad things being said about them, my videos, and certainly the products. Shrug it off, make it better or get out of dodge I say. Alphasim could take a lesson from this.

If this makes some folks angry, I apologize. I was not directing any negative feedback directly towards you. However, when you are affiliated with people such as Phil, who makes it a point to piss on everyone's parade, be prepared to expect a bit of pissing back.

/offsoapbox.

harleyman
October 9th, 2008, 13:07
Never bought a thing from them........And now glad...LOl:costumes:

hey_moe
October 9th, 2008, 13:08
This thread is really getting out of line...this tit for tat has gotta stop. You guys should remember that we all have the same interest, flight....I'm closing it, some of you guys really need to cool down...Mike