PDA

View Full Version : Vertigo Studios

scotth6
November 4th, 2017, 23:32
Here is a quoted post from OzX:

"Hi all,

Some of you may or may not know of Vertigo Studios?! For quite a while they were creating some incredible aircraft for FSX (and had a few rippers in the works).

A while back things weren't looking too good and as far as I know, the studio pretty much closed down. It's been a while since I swung past the Vertigo Studios Website (http://www.vertigostudios.co.uk/). For a while now it has been in maintenance mode, but it is back up and running now with a slight revamp by the looks of it, they now have their own online store.

I noticed that there was a 30% off sale for Halloween but it appears that has ended, still, it looks like their whole range is on sale, so if FSX is your sim of choice feel free to head over and check out their online store, you just might find yourself a new aircraft for your hangar! Not to mention I think they need as much support as possible if they are getting back up and running with development.

With the emergence of P3D it is unfortunate that the range isn't available to that market... Maybe it's in the works, I don't know..."

Good to see they are back up and running with a new website.

Cheers,

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
November 5th, 2017, 04:13
FWIW , all their products are compatible with V4 , they will be missing click sounds from switches but no other issues should hinder their use in P3D , in fact the updated sound engine from Mr Dawson can be installed.

None of the products used 32bit dll's and as such were not unsupported by the platform.

Best CJ

hschuit
November 5th, 2017, 04:18
Chuck, did you try the F9F Panther loadout manager? It is not working in P3Dv4 because it depends on a 32bit gauge (VS_F9F_BPC.gau).

Henk.

roger-wilco-66
November 5th, 2017, 04:29
Great to hear that they are still alive. Some of their products are still in regular use here (e.g. Dauntless, F6F, Enterprise). I hope they find back to their past performance, with relieable contract workers.

Cheers,
Mark

falcon409
November 5th, 2017, 05:01
Nice to see they are back up, too bad the site doesn't recognize my log in information. Having to re-register which means I don't have access to previous purchases or updates.

YoYo
November 5th, 2017, 05:38
Good infos, maybe update for P3Dv4? I need Bearcat again :D.
The problem is loadout menu.

+ unfinished B-25.

Crusader
November 5th, 2017, 06:47
Nice to see they are back up, too bad the site doesn't recognize my log in information. Having to re-register which means I don't have access to previous purchases or updates.

I'm with you on this one ED . I too am glad they are back in business but if memory serves me right (:dizzy:) I think I had to contact them on facebook (?) to retrieve some installation serial #'s . That has been quite a long time ago .

Rich

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 07:11
Hi Falcon, if you register at our website and open a support ticket with any details on your previous purchases - ill see to it that the products are reinstated to your account.

PS please also add your vstudios user name so that I can find your account.

But yes, we're working away again :wavey:

Cheers
Deano

Roger
November 5th, 2017, 07:45
Good to see you back in circulation again Deano! I bought the SPAD but never got the FDE update. Can you help?

Julio Garcia
November 5th, 2017, 07:53
Great news. Hope the beautiful FREEWARE Stearman Repaints (Red Baron, Uterly Butter) will be available again.

Cheers

Julio

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 07:57
Hi Roger, please open a support ticket with your vstudios username and I'll re-populate your account with the Spad 7

Good to see you back in circulation again Deano! I bought the SPAD but never got the FDE update. Can you help?

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 07:58
Hi Julio, please go to our website and then click on customer support - once there, please click on FAQ's and then click the PT17 category. You'll be able to download the paints from there.

Great news. Hope the beautiful FREEWARE Stearman Repaints (Red Baron, Uterly Butter) will be available again.

Cheers

Julio

YoYo
November 5th, 2017, 08:15
Hi Deano,
I had account+3-4 orders too, but now I have only P3Dv4 and dont back to FSX anyway.
So not very important now. Do You have in plan will do any updates for Prepar 64bits?

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 08:19
Please see the 2nd post from the top from Chuck

I've personally never flown the aircraft in P3D so I'm unable to comment on the matter.

Hi Deano,
I had account+3-4 orders too, but now I have only P3Dv4 and dont back to FSX anyway.
So not very important now. Do You have in plan will do any updates for Prepar 64bits?

ColoKent
November 5th, 2017, 09:14
But yes, we're working away again :wavey:

Thank god! Let’s hope the T-33 remains in the development lineup— I still have those helmet/mask photos if you need them, Deano!

Kent

blanston12
November 5th, 2017, 09:34
Good to see your back. Looking forward to your B-25.

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 09:38
Thanks, its appreciated.

Good to see your back. Looking forward to your B-25.

huub vink
November 5th, 2017, 10:11
Good to see you are back in business Deano. :encouragement:

The B-25 is most probably on everybodies wish list here, including mine!

Huub

Daube
November 5th, 2017, 10:15
I lost track of Vertigo a long time ago. The only purchase I made was when they were still using pcssimstore webshop or something like that...
I wanted to check the new website and realized I had to register again...
So I tried registering, which worked kind of... but then I had this terrible idea of changing my password. My password was considered 'weak' and let to a 403 error.
So I went back and confirmed the automatically generated password, which is a random sequence of letters and numbers, and guess what ? You don't receive it by email :D

So I have now a nice password but I don't know what it is. :banghead:

Ah, and the "reset password" page keeps telling me my CAPTCHA is incorrect... although there is no field for that... :banghead::banghead:

EDIT: with the reset link provided with the first email, it worked finally. This time, the password is saved.
Deano, you might want to check that regular password reset page. (the one you reach with the link "I forgot my password").

huub vink
November 5th, 2017, 11:16
So I have now a nice password but I don't know what it is. :banghead:

And I always thought I was the only one :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new: :biggrin-new:

Cheers,
Huub

speedy70
November 5th, 2017, 11:57
I managed to make a purchase today and downloaded and installed it but I cannot find my old purchases and now I cannot log back in.

Deano please help.

regards

Chris Drake

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 12:12
working on it guys

Deano
November 5th, 2017, 12:46
Hi Guys, should be all set to go now.

fsafranek
November 5th, 2017, 15:29
Very glad to see things are up and running again. Have always liked this developer. Top notch from my experience.
:ernaehrung004:

c87
November 5th, 2017, 19:22
Great to see Vertigo back in the game. I'm a happy owner of a number of Vertigo products. Just please, please, please bring on the B-25!:jump:

RobM
November 5th, 2017, 21:48
Chuck, did you try the F9F Panther loadout manager? It is not working in P3Dv4 because it depends on a 32bit gauge (VS_F9F_BPC.gau).

Henk.

Actually, the F9F's Payload Manager works just fine in P3Dv4, but it's a bit finicky.

1. With the Panther loaded in v4, go shift+3 to open a small screen with three names, "config, "payload", and "fuel". If the Payload Configuration
menu comes up first, hit shift+3 again until you get that small scree with the three names.

2. On that small screen, click each of the three names to open up each of the three menus.

3. To load a payload, for example the Hvar rockets, on the Configuration menu go down until you find the Hvar rockets, and click on the
"Hvar rocket" name, until the tick box beside it is filled in (turns white). You have to click exatly on the payload name.

4, Once the tickbox fills in on the Configuration menu, on the Payload screen (a representation of the jet seen from the front), three small red dots
appear under each wing. Click teach of the red dots until they turn green for the rockets to load. Same procedure for the other payloads.

And there you are, an F9F with Hvar rockets. Or 500lb bombs, etc.

I'm certain I also had the Bearcat's Payload Manager working in v4 as well, but I've forgotten the details now. I'll have to take the Bearcat up
to refresh my memory.

I hope that helps. I'm pleased that Vertigo is back. I always really liked their planes. I think they have some of the best looking VC's in the business.

- Rob

RobM
November 5th, 2017, 22:23
Yes, I just took the Bearcat up, and the Cat's Payload Manager works just fine in P3Dv4:

1. Go shift+4 to open the Configuration menu, and shift+5 to open the payload screen (a representation of the fighter
seen from the front). You need both screens open.

2. To load a payload, say the four Hvar rockets, go down the Configuration menu and click on the "Hvar rocket" name
until the tickbox beside it turns white (you have to click exactly on the name).

3. On the payload screen, there are three green dots under each wing. These are for the payload standoffs. To load a
payload, these must be green. If you want a clean plane, no payloads or payload standoffs, click these until they turn red.

4. When you click the "Hvar rocket" name in the Configuration menu, and the tickbox goes white, and if the standoffs are green
on the payload screen, two tiny Hvar rockets appear on the payload screen under each wing. Click these tiny representations to
have the actual Hvar rockets appear under the plane's wings on the standoffs. Same procedure for the Bearcat's other payloads.

I hope that helps. I was so pleased to see that both the Bearcat's and Panther's payload managers would work in v4.

- Rob

hschuit
November 5th, 2017, 22:43
Rob, does it also update the payload weights and fuel amount like it does in FSX or do you manually enter the weights/fuel ?

Thanks, Henk.

noddy
November 5th, 2017, 23:53
Really good to see you back up and running.

All the best.

RobM
November 6th, 2017, 00:00
Yes, sorry, you;re right. I thought the dynamic weight change was working when I saw the animations,
but I was misreading the weight screen. Oh well, sigh.

- Rob

hschuit
November 6th, 2017, 00:12
Rob, thanks for checking, so the conclusion for P3Dv4 is that the payload managers do update the visual loadouts on the model but not the payload weight and fuel amount.

mal998
November 6th, 2017, 01:10
Hi Deano,

Welcome back. Check your PM's.

mal

roger-wilco-66
November 6th, 2017, 01:58
Rob, thanks for checking, so the conclusion for P3Dv4 is that the payload managers do update the visual loadouts on the model but not the payload weight and fuel amount.

That could be worked around by doing it manually, would it?

Cheers,
Mark

RobM
November 6th, 2017, 17:01

That's correct. The animations work, but the automatic payload weight manager does not. However, you can manually add the
weights for the payloads you choose.

The plane loads with all payload stations at full weight regardless of the animations you've selected, as indicated in the P3Dv4's
own payload weight screen. But you can't change those values there.

I found the easiest way for me to add the correct payload weights was to take note of the station weights in the plane's .cfg
file (and of course back up the .cfg), and then change all the station weights to 0 (I left a few station weights unchanged, like
the pilot's weight, since I would always be adding these every flight). Now when the plane loads, the station weights all show
as 0 in the P3Dv4's payload weight screen, and can be changed. I then add the appropriate station weights there to match the
animation payloads I've chosen.

The fuel loads and weights can't be changed in the F9F's own fuel management menu, but these can be changed in P3Dv4's fuel
management menu. The changes will then show in the F9F's fuel management screen.

I wonder if Vertigo will ever upgrade the Panther installer to P3Dv4.

Thanks - Rob

noddy
November 7th, 2017, 03:15
A thank you to Dean for reinstating my prior purchase history.

Hopefully we will see more models from VS in the future and updates to P3D v4 for the current stock.

Daube
November 7th, 2017, 04:19
A thank you to Dean for reinstating my prior purchase history.

Hopefully we will see more models from VS in the future and updates to P3D v4 for the current stock.

Same here ! Thanks a lot Deano.

Crusader
November 7th, 2017, 04:24
I also thank you Dean for reinstating my prior purchase history. Starting again with such excellent customer service is a huge plus . Looking forward to future products and P3Dv4 compatibility .

Rich

speedy70
November 7th, 2017, 04:28
Me too,Thanks.

Cheers Chris

YoYo
November 7th, 2017, 06:01
I wonder if Vertigo will ever upgrade the Panther installer to P3Dv4.

Thanks - Rob

+1 :wavey:

I've personally never flown the aircraft in P3D so I'm unable to comment on the matter.

It's the future and present time (+ new customers) so don't waste the time and try it, You will not regret it Deano! :very_drunk:

SpaceWeevil
November 7th, 2017, 06:23
Yet another shout out to Deano for excellent customer service - all my old VS purchases were restored inside an hour with good humour and absolutely zero fuss - brilliant!