PDA

View Full Version : FR DC-4 Repaint request

MustangL2W
November 3rd, 2017, 22:41
Anybody given any thought to doing the fictional TOPAC DC-4 from the John Wayne Classic movie "The High and the Mighty?" One of Ernest K. Gann's better stories and should be a part of every airplane lover's library. The real DC-4 was operated by Transocean and later lost due to an engine fire between Honolulu and Los Angeles. I believe it was operated by a different Line at the time of that accident.

paulopp
November 4th, 2017, 03:54
Is it this one?

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/6227-flight-replicas-dc-4-transocean-n88756/

blanston12
November 4th, 2017, 13:26
Is anybody working on either a Pan AM or PSA paint for this beauty?

triflyman
November 7th, 2017, 07:36
This is a long worded request for a late 40's/early 50's repaint of PAA & United Air Lines.

About a month before Mike released his C-54/DC-4 I started the 1947 "Round the World" schedule, Flight #4, with PAA. This left New York and proceeded through Europe using a Connie (I used the A2A L049) until it arrived in Calcutta...whereby the passengers were transferred to a DC-4, after staying overnight, for the balance of the trip to KSFO. So now I have 44 passengers and a crew in Calcutta with no PAA DC-4 to get them out. Would really appreciate someone doing a PAA repaint for that era so I can get everyone home. Than I need the UAL repaint to get them from KSFO back home to New York (PAA was not authorized to fly passengers between these cities in 1947).

Thank you very much.