PDA

View Full Version : My Baby Comes Home Tommorrow

harleyman
February 13th, 2009, 12:56
The shop just called and said that they have FSX installed and smooth as silk........ No tweaks..Nothing in it yet..All Vanallia..

What went wrong.......

The bios was wrong,so when I tested with my 8800 GT card the problems were still there...

They installed Windows on their drive(in my rig) and FSX and FS9 to be sure it was installed correctly...FSX flew great, FS9 still pauses a tad...It appears that FS9 has some compatibality issues with a dual GPU card....

But they both fly perfect on the 8800 card.....

I pick it up tommorrow and will still put a better PSU into it as they just arrived UPS today....LOL

Now I'm off to order my add ons again....Here we go....yea....:applause:

Lionheart
February 13th, 2009, 13:04
Congrats Mason!

:ernae:

Good news is awesome.....

Do you realise you are quickly becoming a computer technician through this entire adventure!

:rapture:

Bill

harleyman
February 13th, 2009, 13:10
I tell you what Bill... I have been forced to learn way more than I ever cared to know...But I have learned a tremendous amount over the last 6 months.....

Now my brain is cooked,and I just wanna fly that bad boy.....:amen:

Thanks Bill for all your info and ideas...they have been most helpful.....

BTW.. The Teck that worked on my rig is an FSX man too .......:applause:

MCDesigns
February 13th, 2009, 13:23
I

BTW.. The Teck that worked on my rig is an FSX man too .......:applause:

I was about to ask what the techs knew about getting FSX running smoothly, but you answered it. lets hope their version of smooth as silk is the same as yours.

good to have it back I bet! :ernae:

harleyman
February 13th, 2009, 13:33
He said...* Smooth as silk* I'll see.....

It may need a little configuring and settings work,and possibly a config tweak or two.......Thats OK by me....Just to get it pretty again....:woot:

Yes it will be great to get it back,although its 2 weeks this Monday it feels like 2 years....LOL

kilo delta
February 13th, 2009, 14:05
I was about to ask what the techs knew about getting FSX running smoothly, but you answered it. lets hope their version of smooth as silk is the same as yours.

good to have it back I bet! :ernae:

Ahh.....but,Michael.... there are a few techs out there that can get FSX to run smooth :caked::whistle: :costumes:

Congrats, Harleyman......now to start all over again with an i7 build??? :monkies: :) :icon29:

Snuffy
February 13th, 2009, 14:21
He said...* Smooth as silk* I'll see.....

Yep!

Smooth as silk for one guy might be corduroy for the next guy and so on ...

:friday: Here's to hoping!

harleyman
February 13th, 2009, 14:24
Yea....My i7 will come with the new Windows.....

I will wait...FSX ran like a raped ape on this machine, it just went stupid and drove me nuts...But it was powerful..Never could get it to stay steady....(can you say I fouled up the BIOS?) LOL:gossip:

Am downloading GEX as I type....

Then UTX

Then some Traffic program...had MyTrafficX before and liked it..But I may change this time...

Any suggestions on Traffic anyone?????

kilo delta
February 13th, 2009, 15:02
for military traffic get the MAIW packs. Bear in mind that you'll need to convert the traffic bgl's to fsx standard too. :)

harleyman
February 13th, 2009, 15:12
for military traffic get the MAIW packs. Bear in mind that you'll need to convert the traffic bgl's to fsx standard too. :)

Thanks for that tip.....:wavey: