PDA

View Full Version : Modding Talk 3d Gauges

Cirrus N210MS
October 31st, 2017, 09:44
so when i put a 3d gauge in i make the model in sketchup then export it into FS studio after i use model converter to add it to the plane then i just notepad xx to add the gauge info to the panel etc :biggrin-new: right now i am adding a garmin MX20 to the Alabeo 172 RG

Cirrus N210MS
October 31st, 2017, 10:05
here is the Garmin installed

PRB
October 31st, 2017, 10:26
Ok, I'm confused. I thought "3D gauges" were entirely built-in to the model, and had nothing to do with anything in the panel.cfg file. If I'm reading your post correctly, you made a 3D model of a box, added it to the model, then glued a 2D XML gauge to it via the panel.cfg? Or am I missing something. It looks really nice either way! :)

Cirrus N210MS
October 31st, 2017, 10:27
yeah thats correct :wavey:

Cirrus N210MS
October 31st, 2017, 10:41
added the Garmin 480

Tako_Kichi
October 31st, 2017, 11:12
Ok, I'm confused. I thought "3D gauges" were entirely built-in to the model, and had nothing to do with anything in the panel.cfg file. If I'm reading your post correctly, you made a 3D model of a box, added it to the model, then glued a 2D XML gauge to it via the panel.cfg? Or am I missing something. It looks really nice either way! :)
3D gauges are built into the model and the code for them is also encoded into the model file when it is compiled. What Cirrus has done is use MCX to hack into a payware model so that he can add his own GPS and radio units. While it might be an ethical grey area to do this for your own use I hope he isn't going to make these mods available to the general public as that would be breaking the MCX EULA (any models converted MUST be your own work or you MUST have permission to do it) and infringing on Alabeo's copyright on the original model.