PDA

View Full Version : 2F7 Hellcat paint

vstudios
February 13th, 2009, 12:33
Thanks to rsgunner and his hard work, he's released yet another paint scheme for the Hellcat.

Its available at the usual places, avsim and flightsim

Thanks again mate for your hard work.

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 13:17
Its a shame but I still have that FPs problem with the self shadow switched on so I just dont fly it any more. A shame as its a great product. :mixedsmi:

Chuck_Jodry-VJPL
February 13th, 2009, 13:50
Self shadows are a duplication of the mesh with a transparent texture on it, reducing the texture set shipped with the Hellcat to 1024 X 1024 is one option available to people using older computers, competing products dont always have cockpit shadows enabled in the model and as a result do run somewhat faster and require less mesh, its a choice on the developers part, the full FSX treatment or not ,
but as i recall you use XP and a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS card so cockpit shadows are not an option for you.

vstudios
February 13th, 2009, 13:54
Gajit, whats your PC specs.

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 14:56
Self shadows are a duplication of the mesh with a transparent texture on it, reducing the texture set shipped with the Hellcat to 1024 X 1024 is one option available to people using older computers, competing products dont always have cockpit shadows enabled in the model and as a result do run somewhat faster and require less mesh, its a choice on the developers part, the full FSX treatment or not ,
but as i recall you use XP and a NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS card so cockpit shadows are not an option for you.

Yeah - I know the cockpit shadows are not available to me but I have just installed Nvidia 9800GT and still have poor FPS with the Hellcat with the external self shadows - but no probs with other addons other than the Aerosoft F-16.

I know that I am beyond help LOL