PDA

View Full Version : New Paints and a Video

Chuck Lawsen
October 27th, 2017, 12:14
It’s been a couple years since I uploaded some paints, but it’s not like I haven’t been busy. I recently made a video of my dad’s WW2 experience as a B-17 driver for the 351st BG. The full hour long version starts with his training, then a complete mission, and ends with parts of 3 other missions. I’m showing it around the local area, but I have a shorter version that shows a mission in it’s entirety I've posted at YouTube, it’s a dedication to the 8th Air Force: https://youtu.be/Xwm2hCb4XNk. It took 13 months to make, but was worth the outcome. I made some paints for the video and I am now sharing them with the FS community: 3 A2A B-17’s of the 351st BG, a Warbirdsim P-51D of the 356th FG, and also a CFS3 version of the P-51d – you’ll find them under categories: “FSX Military skins – WWII” and “CFS 3 American Skins”. The 3rd screen shot shows the paints that are uploaded. Enjoy!

Smashing Time
October 27th, 2017, 15:36
Holy Moses! That's an Oscar winner! Thanks for that outstanding piece work. :applause:

I toured several 8th AF bases in England with my mother years ago.
Many serve as museums with original buildings still standing
She lost her first husband in a B-17 over France.

Flyboy208
October 27th, 2017, 17:38
I really enjoyed the video as well. My Uncle was a B-17 aircraft commander in 44 and 45. He then went on to fly rescue aircraft such as The SA-16 for the rest of his career retiring as a LTCOL .Well done ! Mike :ernaehrung004:

Chuck Lawsen
October 28th, 2017, 04:36
Glad you both liked the movie, and thanks Flyboy for sharing the photos of your uncle.

Duckie
October 28th, 2017, 07:06
Awesome video! It's obvious that a lot of time was invested in the video. The taxi take off and landing sequences were particularly interesting to watch. Thanks for sharing.

stansdds
October 29th, 2017, 03:38
Very well done!

jmfabio
October 29th, 2017, 13:29
Kudos Chuck!!!!

What a fabulous video. I watched it with awe and delight. Can't even imagine all the planning and time spent in getting "film" for editing. Congratulations on a job well done.

my uncle was a pilot in the 303rd BG. He passed a few years ago and left me with memories and some neat mementoes.

Again, Great video.

Joe

Odie
October 29th, 2017, 14:58
:applause::applause::applause: Excellent work and a great tribute! Bravo!

Mr_Dirt
November 7th, 2017, 11:39
That was a very well done video, I enjoyed it very much the B-17 has always had a spot in my heart as well as the Mighty 8th. thanks to the men of our Armed Forces and thank you for your tribute. Well Done!

jankees
November 7th, 2017, 22:00
finally found time to watch it, excellent video, well done, Chuck!

Chuck Lawsen
November 11th, 2017, 15:08
Thanks everyone for your kind words!

kenp51
November 11th, 2017, 16:07
Beautiful job Chuck! Have you been to the Museum of the Mighty Eighth near Savanna, GA? It's fantastic.

Ken

Chuck Lawsen
November 12th, 2017, 16:38
Yes Ken, been there 3 times - each was because the 351st BG Assoc. had reunions there or nearby. The radio op on dad's crew (the only remaining member of the orig. crew) was taped by the librarian in 2007. His story could be a movie by itself because he escaped through the Belgium underground after the crew was shot down on Aug. 9, 1944.