PDA

View Full Version : A2A C182 autopilot/trim problem

THibben
October 23rd, 2017, 14:15
I have a curious problem which I can't solve. When flying with all radios and autopilot powered on, every time I use the elevator trim button the autopilot automatically goes to autopilot control. I have searched everywhere to see how they are connected but with no luck. I was flying the A2A C182 but I believe this happens with most planes. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am using PFC Yoke and control console.

Tom

speedy70
October 23rd, 2017, 16:44
Tom you are on the wrong site.

Go to A2a and get support from the lion's mouth.

I am curious to know why you would use trim control when the aircraft is on autopilot.You would negate the autopilots input.

Autopilot is autopilot, manual flying is you flying.

Cheers Chris

THibben
October 23rd, 2017, 18:27
Tom you are on the wrong site.

Go to A2a and get support from the lion's mouth.

I am curious to know why you would use trim control when the aircraft is on autopilot.You would negate the autopilots input.

Autopilot is autopilot, manual flying is you flying.

Cheers Chris

Hi Chris,

I have gone to A2A also, but people here are very helpful and this is the first site I ever log onto.

As to your comment I think you have misunderstood my problem. The problem is whenever I am flying manually and use the trim control, it automatically turns on the autopilot. That is a little irritating.

Thanks for you thoughts.

Tom

glennc
October 23rd, 2017, 20:35
With an A2A aircraft, the A2A configurator and the external controller might have something confused.

thefrog
October 23rd, 2017, 22:00
I have a curious problem which I can't solve. When flying with all radios and autopilot powered on, every time I use the elevator trim button the autopilot automatically goes to autopilot control. I have searched everywhere to see how they are connected but with no luck. I was flying the A2A C182 but I believe this happens with most planes. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I am using PFC Yoke and control console.

Tom
Tom
If this happens with other non-A2A aircraft as well, it's not an A2A problem. Do you use FSUIPC? If so, there may be a control assignment conflict between FSUIPC and FSX control assignments.
Dave

THibben
October 24th, 2017, 14:15
Tom
If this happens with other non-A2A aircraft as well, it's not an A2A problem. Do you use FSUIPC? If so, there may be a control assignment conflict between FSUIPC and FSX control assignments.
Dave

Hi Dave,

It appears to be with the A2A aircraft only and primarily the 172 & 182. I do use FSUIPC and I have double checked it and couldn't find problems.
I flew a couple of my Just Flight planes with no problem as well as the Just Flight DHC-3 Otter.

Maybe I will just delete the two A2A aircraft then reinstall and see what happens.

Thanks,

Tom

speedy70
October 24th, 2017, 15:02
You have to uninstall them properly not just delete them or you will really muck them up.

Cheers Chris
I could not find any post about it from you on A2A.

THibben
October 24th, 2017, 18:16
You have to uninstall them properly not just delete them or you will really muck them up.

Cheers Chris
I could not find any post about it from you on A2A.

Hi Chris,

It is in the C182 problem section and is the third item...grin

Thanks for your comment about how to install. That is probably the problem.

Tom