February 13th, 2009, 08:38
http://secure.simmarket.com/flight-replicas-j-3-cub.phtml

Here it is, go get it!:jump::applause:

papab
February 13th, 2009, 08:40
Link broken...

MudMarine
February 13th, 2009, 08:49
Go to simmarket, shouldn't need a link to find it? I'm also getting a download error message? hummmmmm?

6297J
February 13th, 2009, 08:52
I'm going to wait for the A2A version.

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 09:38

Same here i think - it is just too simular to the Grasshopper which is very good but with so many other great products (like the Sibwings Birddog) soon to be released im reluctant to go for it - unless of course some screenshots convince me otherwise!!! I'm easily tempted!!

mike_cyul
February 13th, 2009, 09:41
Does this link work better?

http://secure.simmarket.com/flight-replicas-j-3-cub.phtml

And plenty of screenshots there. :)

Mike

mike_cyul
February 13th, 2009, 09:55
[quote=gajit;112651]too simular to the Grasshopper (quote]

The Grasshopper doesn't have floats, or skis. The J-3 also has fewer polys, revised flight dynamics, different instruments, adjustable gloss for paint schemes via the alpha in the paint kit, and there's probably a few more things in there.

The "Flitfire" includes a Franklin-engined version, plus the three-piece windscreen which was common on early Cubs.

Other than that, they are indeed similar.

Mike

Boomer
February 13th, 2009, 10:17
Looks very nice! :ernae:

Pitty that twin fuse monstrosity wasnt included. I kinda liked it!

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 10:27
[quote=gajit;112651]too simular to the Grasshopper (quote]

The Grasshopper doesn't have floats, or skis. The J-3 also has fewer polys, revised flight dynamics, different instruments, adjustable gloss for paint schemes via the alpha in the paint kit, and there's probably a few more things in there.

The "Flitfire" includes a Franklin-engined version, plus the three-piece windscreen which was common on early Cubs.

Other than that, they are indeed similar.

Mike

Hi Mike - tx - good news about the reduced polys. :applause:

MudMarine
February 13th, 2009, 10:29

I'm waiting for that one also!! I've enjoy everything that Mike has done; and I'm sure I'll enjoy this one.

Cerberus
February 13th, 2009, 10:40
I’ll have it up on SkyUnlimited shortly. Now back to work on the web-pages.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

spotlope
February 13th, 2009, 10:41
Looks like a well-done birdie, and the price is definitely right. I got no time for airliners - literally - so when I fly, I like a simple ride. Doesn't get much simpler than a Cub!

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 11:40
Hi Mike

I said i was easily temped and after your polite sales pitch I bought the J-3. Not just because of your excellent description but for:-

1. the good value pricing.
2. I have flown a J-3 a few times.
3. I really apprechiated your gift of the freeware Mini Max.

I must say that the J-3 is a good as the Grasshopper - if not better due to the float and ski versions.

I do hope that we see more repaints on this than on the Grasshopper.

Just one small moan - shame we dont have a 2 POB version.

Otherwise well done :ernae:

mike_cyul
February 13th, 2009, 11:41
I should also mention that there is an alternative prop texture in the texture folders, for those who like the blurred-blade look - which can also be used on the L-4. :)

Mike

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 11:55
I should also mention that there is an alternative prop texture in the texture folders, for those who like the blurred-blade look - which can also be used on the L-4. :)

Mike

Yes - that blurred look is great. Just enough :jump:

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 12:01
I like the Fitfire :ernae:

pointy31
February 13th, 2009, 12:10
Looks good, I'm gonna buy it...:ernae:

6297J
February 13th, 2009, 12:11
I'm afraid I'm another of the recently made redundant so I have to watch my pennies for the time being and can only get the one Cub :help:

fseigler
February 13th, 2009, 12:21
Great looking plane. I would love to have it but unfortunately it appears to be FSX only. There are still tons of FS9 users out there and some companies like Carenado recognize that and have gone back to producing FS9 models along with their FSX models. Too bad more payware folks aren't doing the same. Anyway, great looking plane just wish I could get it especially since I am working on my real world tailwheel endorsement in a J-3 Cub.

Cerberus
February 13th, 2009, 12:28
Ok, its up on SkyUnlimited now.
www.skyunlimited.net (http://www.skyunlimited.net)

gajit
February 13th, 2009, 13:13
I'm afraid I'm another of the recently made redundant so I have to watch my pennies for the time being and can only get the one Cub :help:

Im very sorry to hear that. I hope that the situation improves for you soon.

mike_cyul
February 13th, 2009, 13:37
The Cub is now available at Flight1 as well:

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=frj3cub

Mike

Nick C
February 13th, 2009, 15:59
This looks great, well done Mike. Just purchased and downloading now. :applause:

Barvan40
February 13th, 2009, 16:15
Thanks Mike, another great one and lots of fun to fly! :applause::ernae::applause:

Barry

MCDesigns
February 13th, 2009, 16:25
Looks great Mike, thanks for the hard work!! :ernae:

Cazzie
February 13th, 2009, 16:31
She's swell Mike, going to take it on a dedicated flight tomorrow, too tired right now, gonna watch the NASCAR Truck race at Daytona and may fall asleep during that.

Caz

Overshoe
February 13th, 2009, 17:43
Excellent! :ernae:

http://www.theoldhangar.net/FR_J-3.jpg

SolarEagle
February 13th, 2009, 18:15

Mike

That's awesome, and I wish other devs did this. I really can't stand the the props that look like they come from a still photograph. I'm all about the blurred disk.

grunau_baby
February 14th, 2009, 05:19
Got it from simmarket, thanks Mike!!! You made my weekend:ernae:

Alex

MudMarine
February 14th, 2009, 08:29
Ain't she fun GB? I think so! I traded in my Jug for a Cub to do some "peaceful" non-war type flying! :whistle: Headed North to visit some of my relatives in Scotland (The Bruces). Looking forward to some Northern Highlands scenery!

pointy31
February 14th, 2009, 09:52
Just took an early afternoon putt around KARA...great airplane, thanks Mike...:ernae:

pointy31
February 14th, 2009, 14:15
I like the Flitfire so much that I took it to Oshkosh ...:ernae:

heywooood
February 14th, 2009, 15:44
looks good with those spats

pointy31
February 14th, 2009, 16:00
looks good with those spats

It am good!....:applause:

pointy31
February 14th, 2009, 18:29
Back home...:ernae:

grunau_baby
February 15th, 2009, 01:32
Ain't she fun GB?
Simply great!!! I like the Flitfire, too, will be doing some great slow and low with the pack. Still wondering where to use the ski-version, I am fed up with winter outside, so I try to avaoid it in the sim, too.

Alex

gajit
February 17th, 2009, 14:18
Anyone seen any repaints around?

JoeW
February 17th, 2009, 23:55

Doing a dirty one now.
Going from 32 bit to DXT5 in the process. They are still 2048 in size but load faster and have better frames. This is only slightly dirty.

Roger
February 18th, 2009, 04:30
Trying to resist purchases for a month or two but this will push me over the edge:engel016:

CBris
February 18th, 2009, 06:13

Are you thinking what I think you're thinking? :applause::applause: (The L4 is a five sheeter, so double res is enough :))

Mike, lovely looker! As I am back on the list of employed folk again as from next month, this is definitely on my buy list.

I shan't be reviewing this one simply because I AM on the employed roll again and I am in the middle of packing and moving. I am looking forward to spending money again!

This one OR the A2A one? Both! You can't have enough small planes in your hangar. Tubes and fast movers? :p:

hews500d
February 18th, 2009, 06:55
Trying to resist purchases for a month or two but this will push me over the edge:engel016:

I know what you mean Roger. My wife bought "One-Six Right" for me for Valentines Day and since watching it I find it getting harder and harder to resist the Cub.

Darrell

gajit
February 18th, 2009, 06:55
Are you thinking what I think you're thinking? :applause::applause: (The L4 is a five sheeter, so double res is enough :))

Mike, lovely looker! As I am back on the list of employed folk again as from next month, this is definitely on my buy list.

I shan't be reviewing this one simply because I AM on the employed roll again and I am in the middle of packing and moving. I am looking forward to spending money again!

This one OR the A2A one? Both! You can't have enough small planes in your hangar. Tubes and fast movers? :p:

Pleased to hear that you have got work - but it was good to think that my taxes would at least go to support someone i liked!! :wavey:

CBris
February 18th, 2009, 07:03
ROFL... I don't think Messrs Brown and Darling would be happy with me getting UK dole. Mind you, the German economy would have been happier. (Expat, see :icon_lol: )

Like your dog btw. My black Labby wen't to the great kennel in the sky last week :engel016:

gajit
February 18th, 2009, 08:06
Like your dog btw. My black Labby wen't to the great kennel in the sky last week :engel016:

So sorry to hear - Barney is laying next to me in office - hes 11. Mrs and I are dreading that day.

Cazzie
February 18th, 2009, 08:08
ROFL... I don't think Messrs Brown and Darling would be happy with me getting UK dole. Mind you, the German economy would have been happier. (Expat, see :icon_lol: )

Then you need another dog Chris. I never lose one that i do not have a new dog in a month or so. I have a Chocolate lab now, lovely old girl going on 10 years old. Lost my Australian Shepard after 16 years and didn;t think i would ever find one as devoted. Wrong, the lab is the tamest dog i have ever owned, just a bundle of love. But she loves the wet like all labs, will sleep in the rain, never understood it.

Don't think Mike has a paint kit for it, but I do not see why one could not adapt the L-4 kit for the purposes with a little cutting and pasting of the fuselage and top center wing section to make a kit.

Caz

CBris
February 18th, 2009, 08:25
Guess what - Sam was water shy and we live on an island (I'm only in Germany to work and get money to buy the sackfuls of doggy food).

We've got three more dogs still - the girls that Sam found (Ronja and Greedy) aged 36 hours old in a plastic bag. Greek island life can be tough on unwanted dogs. And then there's Floki (as in Flocati rug - all woolly... a barking sheep) who wandered into our lives one day and decided that we looked like suckers. Hah! Little did she know she would get the sheep-shearer treatment...

What - no PK for the Cub. Mike! For shame! OK folks - easy to do... take the plainest version (prolly flitfire) and create 24 bit copies of each tex sheet. Open em in your painter prog, reduce to greyscales and reduce contrast / lighten.

As far as overpainting lettering - use clone brushes.

If no one has done by the time I get back into simming, I'll get to it. Or as Cazzie says - use the L4 if it fits.

Gajit, Sam was (only 12 1/2) but had cancer and also had been poisoned by Greeks several times in his life. I used to go for 'walkies' armed with Atropine ampules and sick makers and a bandolier of syringes. It's hard to stop a dog snapping up something that smells so tasty and Sam's habit was just so hard to break when he put his head to it. At least our pups are all loved. It's great going home on hols and watching the girls (the four legged ones) doing backflips when they see me... Wifey is just "Oh, it's you - the list of things to repair is on the fridge"

gajit
February 18th, 2009, 08:29
Chris - i have gotta say that if i were a developer I would give you my FSX products as your repaints create so much free advertising accross the different sites.

There have been many an aircraft I have bought because of seeing your work.

Keep it up! And thanks for sharing:ernae:

pointy31
February 18th, 2009, 08:35
Guess what - Sam was water shy and we live on an island (I'm only in Germany to work and get money to buy the sackfuls of doggy food).

We've got three more dogs still - the girls that Sam found (Ronja and Greedy) aged 36 hours old in a plastic bag. Greek island life can be tough on unwanted dogs. And then there's Floki (as in Flocati rug - all woolly... a barking sheep) who wandered into our lives one day and decided that we looked like suckers. Hah! Little did she know she would get the sheep-shearer treatment...

What - no PK for the Cub. Mike! For shame! OK folks - easy to do... take the plainest version (prolly flitfire) and create 24 bit copies of each tex sheet. Open em in your painter prog, reduce to greyscales and reduce contrast / lighten.

As far as overpainting lettering - use clone brushes.

If no one has done by the time I get back into simming, I'll get to it. Or as Cazzie says - use the L4 if it fits.

Gajit, Sam was (only 12 1/2) but had cancer and also had been poisoned by Greeks several times in his life. I used to go for 'walkies' armed with Atropine ampules and sick makers and a bandolier of syringes. It's hard to stop a dog snapping up something that smells so tasty and Sam's habit was just so hard to break when he put his head to it. At least our pups are all loved. It's great going home on hols and watching the girls (the four legged ones) doing backflips when they see me... Wifey is just "Oh, it's you - the list of things to repair is on the fridge"

This has been around, and is oh so true...:ernae:

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. <O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>When you open the trunk, which is really happy to see you?<O:P></O:P>

gajit
February 18th, 2009, 08:40
This has been around, and is oh so true...:ernae:

A dog is truly a man's best friend. If you don't believe it, just try this experiment. <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = O /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>Put your dog and your wife in the trunk of the car for an hour. <O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>When you open the trunk, which is really happy to see you?<O:P></O:P>

Are you trying to get me killed?!!?!??

pointy31
February 18th, 2009, 08:43
Are you trying to get me killed?!!?!??

Tell her it was just a joke.....:engel016:

JoeW
February 18th, 2009, 09:14
I'm gettin there.........
Just some progress shots. These are DXT5, dds, I don't think I lost too much detail:

mike_cyul
February 18th, 2009, 10:10
What - no PK for the Cub. Mike! For shame!

There is a full paint kit in the "J-3" aircraft folder!

Mike

gajit
February 18th, 2009, 10:12
Hi Joe -thats looking really flown in - great work

Cazzie
February 18th, 2009, 10:12

Mike

Well slap my thigh! Going there right away and direct it into my Repaint Folder!

Thanks Mike, Dolt I am! :friday:

Caz

Edit: There it was, zipped in the J-3 Folder! Thanks Mike, didn't look until you mentioned it. Bravo.

CBris
February 18th, 2009, 10:48

Mike

I knew there was no way... :applause:

mike_cyul
February 18th, 2009, 12:41
I knew ya knew. :)

And congrats on the job!:applause:

Mike

jschall
February 26th, 2009, 03:44
I am sure the answers are legion, but I haven't seen any discussion in this thread comparing the quality of the Flight Replicas J3 to that of the FSX default Cub.

Why would anybody spend $30 on a new version of the J3 that was included with FSX?

- Jeff

mike_cyul
February 26th, 2009, 04:08
Hi Jeff. I suggest you go to the sales sites and have a close look at the screenshots of the Flight Replicas J-3, and then compare with the default one.

Also, with the Flight Replicas version you get float and ski equipped versions as well, and different flight dynamics.

There is also a paint kit for those who like to make their own paint schemes, something not really possible with the default model.

And the Flight Replicas Cub is $19.95, not $30.

Mike

Cazzie
February 26th, 2009, 04:21
I have to agree Mike, if fact, I fly the Cub much more than the L-4. I purchased that as much for reference for a scale model I am doing as anything. But a Cub is a Classic in every sense of the word.

Last light I have to chase that dang Farmer from Merlin to Dinwiddie. :kiss:

Caz

jschall
February 26th, 2009, 08:44
Hi Jeff. I suggest you go to the sales sites and have a close look at the screenshots of the Flight Replicas J-3, and then compare with the default one.
And the Flight Replicas Cub is $19.95, not $30.

I looked - frankly, these old eyes can't tell the difference! Well - the gauges looked a bit easier to read than on the default J3. And it's $26 in REAL money (Canadian, eh?) :-)

- Jeff

gajit
February 26th, 2009, 08:48
I am sure the answers are legion, but I haven't seen any discussion in this thread comparing the quality of the Flight Replicas J3 to that of the FSX default Cub.

Why would anybody spend $30 on a new version of the J3 that was included with FSX?

- Jeff

I have always hated the default one as it just looks slightly misshaped to me - the flight replicas J3 has the correct proportions.

MudMarine
February 26th, 2009, 10:09
Flight Replica's J3 is FAR superior to the default FSX cub in all areas! How's that..........?

gajit
February 26th, 2009, 11:01
Flight Replica's J3 is FAR superior to the default FSX cub in all areas! How's that..........?

Absolutely correct.

jschall
February 26th, 2009, 12:05
That's very convincing, Mud. Sure convinces me to rush out and buy it. I knew I could count on you guys for in-depth analysis and comparisons.

- Jeff

MudMarine
February 26th, 2009, 12:26
LOL, I know it's not "indepth" but it's true! I don't think you'll be disapointed! I've been VERY happy with all the aircraft I've purchased from Flight Replica! And I've purchased them all! The frame rates on his cub are excellent. The flight dynamics seem good. The sounds are good and it's just purdy to look at! The default cub is fair but I NEVER liked how it handled, on the ground or in the air. On top of all that Mike is a great guy and supports his products and his prices are very fair! I don't think I could ask for much more!

pointy31
February 26th, 2009, 18:18
I agree with Mud and Mike. It is a super nice airplane, and you get 4 models for $20...... Best $5 models I ever bought...:ernae:

jschall
February 27th, 2009, 07:35
The default cub is fair but I NEVER liked how it handled, on the ground or in the air.

Hmm. Well, I have done a comparison of the ground handling of the Flight Replicas J-3 with the default FSX J-3. With the default J-3, I can taxi to the apron and takeoff. Not so with Mike's model - I am hoping he can help me to get it working. Here is my email to him:

Mike CYUL:

I purchased your J-3 Cub for FSX, based on hearty endorsements from the crew at Sim-Outhouse.

I purchased from SimMarket yesterday 26 February 2009, the order number is:504000.

I am running FSX SP2 on Windows XP SP2.

I have tried both the Standard and the Flitfire, both exhibit the following behaviour:

Sitting on the apron with engine started, parking brakes on, throttle to idle - the cockpit shakes and thumps, the tailwheel almost leaves the ground.

Release brakes, advance throttle 1/4 to start taxi - the plane starts to leap into the air, fall to the tarmac, bounce from side to side, leap and bounce more and more violently, eventually crashing to the tarmac.

I have never experienced this with any other FSX aircraft.

Let me know if I can send you any config files to help you fix my problem!

--
- Jeff Schallenberg
Mont Saint-Hilaire, Québec

stiz
February 27th, 2009, 07:54
http://skyunlimited.net/skyboard/YaBB.pl?num=1234630479/9#9

:wave:

mike_cyul
February 27th, 2009, 08:03
Hi Jeff - Yes, a few here and there have reported this behaviour. This thread should help you:

http://skyunlimited.net/skyboard/YaBB.pl?num=1234630479

Edit: Ok Stiz, thanks, beat me to it!

Mike

jschall
February 27th, 2009, 09:11
Thanks to Stiz and Mike_CYUL, the contact-point fix did the trick.

- Jeff

Panther_99FS
February 28th, 2009, 10:08
Looks like yet another to add....

mike_cyul
February 28th, 2009, 10:48
Looks like yet another to add....

Heeyyyy! Welcome back! :wave:

Mike

arrowmaker
April 14th, 2009, 08:27

- Jeff

Review is up at Flightsim. The reviewer is'nt overly impressed. Oh well, each to their own.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/frj3.htm

Cazzie
April 14th, 2009, 08:40
Bar none, my favorite J-3 is Flight Replicas. I had to apply the fix too, but it was up in the original Sticky thread here at SOH when Mike released it not two days later.

Caz

gera
April 14th, 2009, 08:58
Redundant like so many others......I hated this plane in real life. A fellow pilot had Two!!!!! and I flew one of his four or five times. Alone, from the back seat!!!!!..horrible!!!!!! I can´t remember this plane ever helping me land it straight and true...No way!!!! if some wind was blowing, which it is always here by the ocean, the thing had to be landing "skidding" on a side and diving!!!!LOL----otherwise the object would float and float forever......what a looney plane.., but I guess some liked it that way.....I´ll hold my money for the Alphasim Islander....now there is a beauty!!!!!!

mike_cyul
April 14th, 2009, 09:41
Review is up at Flightsim. The reviewer is'nt overly impressed. Oh well, each to their own.

http://www.flightsim.com/main/review/frj3.htm

Each their own, indeed. If I may review the reviewer, I was very suprised that no effort was made to determine why I would go to all the time and effort to make a new Cub, or to explore the vast (in my mind) differences between the two models - not to mention the the almost complete ignoring that the package comes with floats and skis, which took a while to get right. A very superficial review, in my opinion.

As a developer, I have come to regard reviews like the old Hollywood adage that "any publicity is good publicity". Good or bad review, my aircraft or another's, I don't pay much attention any more. Some of the subjectivity could drive you crazy, if you took it to heart. I don't use them when buying aircraft or scenery any more (and I do buy!) - screenshots and user comments are usually the best indicators, to me, and give a much bigger and more accurate picture.

Voila. :)

Mike

gajit
April 14th, 2009, 09:52
Yep - the more I fly the Flight Replica's J3 the more I apprechiate every aspect. I just get a bit bored with yellow!! Wish there were some repaints.

Cazzie
April 14th, 2009, 12:15
Yep - the more I fly the Flight Replica's J3 the more I apprechiate every aspect. I just get a bit bored with yellow!! Wish there were some repaints.

Ain't that the truth, I have the Pant Kit and it is a beauty. I did the "Flying Farmer", but like all others I have found reference to, it is "Yellow". At least people that own Champs have some artistic license.

I'm still looking , because at the moment, we are going through the April monsoons and I cannot get outside and ride my bike or do yard work.

Caz

gajit
April 14th, 2009, 13:26
Hope you find some Caz -it would be most apprechiated.

Francois
April 14th, 2009, 22:12
As a developer, I have come to regard reviews like the old Hollywood adage that "any publicity is good publicity". Good or bad review, my aircraft or another's, I don't pay much attention any more. Some of the subjectivity could drive you crazy, if you took it to heart. I don't use them when buying aircraft or scenery any more (and I do buy!) - screenshots and user comments are usually the best indicators, to me, and give a much bigger and more accurate picture.

Mike

True words Mike, especially regarding the publicity ;-)

We do the same, also because most of our authors start designing a model because they LOVE doing it.... then already it is secondary what others 'think of it'. And with so many minds, systems and preferences it is impossible to please them all anyway.

By the way, Simon is working on a greatly revised Cub too, after the success of is first. The Cub's one of the best planes to fly, because you are actually FLYING it :wave:

arrowmaker
April 14th, 2009, 23:45
Each their own, indeed. If I may review the reviewer, I was very suprised that no effort was made to determine why I would go to all the time and effort to make a new Cub, or to explore the vast (in my mind) differences between the two models - not to mention the the almost complete ignoring that the package comes with floats and skis, which took a while to get right. A very superficial review, in my opinion.

Mike

Totally agree. Although reviews can be useful, they are after all only the opinion of a single person. If a product gets several favourable or negative reviews then this can be a useful barometer, if you will, of the quality of the product. Nowadays I tend to look at screenshots/video's and read what people have to say about a product on the various forums I frequent, than purchase something based on a few reviews. The most useful thing, I find however, are demo's. As a PC Pilot subscriber, I find the demo'son the cover disc's quite useful. Unfortunately the number of developers who offer such materials is quite limited.

gajit
April 15th, 2009, 00:21
Working in journalism I expect a reviewer to offer a balanced appraisal with a few positive and negative aspects of the product highlighted - in much the same way the treads here balance out with pros and cons covered.

dswo
April 15th, 2009, 06:35
I review about a product a month for AVSIM. Some things I have noticed:

1. Reviewing a lot of products can make the reviewer jaded, and can lead to superficial, hurried coverage.

2. Reviewing a lot of products gives the reviewer a broader perspective than most consumers can AFFORD to acquire. Cf. T. S. Eliot: comparison is the essential tool of the critic.

3. If there's a bias, I think it tends to be in favor of the product. People who keep writing reviews for more than a year do it because they like Flight Simulator and Flight Simulator add-ons. I have never reviewed a product that had no value to someone; on one occasion, I declined to review a product because it was put together sloppily.

4. My personal goal, as a reviewer, is to be useful to the consumer and fair to the developer.

5. A good review will notice things that do NOT announce themselves in the first couple hours of product ownership.

6. As a consumer, I too want to see videos.

EMatheson
April 15th, 2009, 07:28
IMHO, reviews are primarily useful as a vehicle for candid screenshots and bug-reports... the writer should not be afraid to post on any problems, bugs, or deficencies he/she percieves, however slight - the devil is in the details, and I can easily see that a small issue could be a game-changer for those that know better. Post everything...
Same goes for screenshots - post even the ones that don't look that great. Candid screenshot taking shows what the model will look like from all the funny angles and odd lighting that happens in normal sim-use. A carefully framed and lighted set of screenshots gives a BADLY skewed version of the product!
While most of my FS purchases have been good, and many of them I would buy again if I had to do it again, some I have bought on the strength of some very positive reviews and beautiful pictures have turned out to be dogs once they were brought in from the cold...

dswo
April 15th, 2009, 07:58
Same goes for screenshots - post even the ones that don't look that great. Candid screenshot taking shows what the model will look like from all the funny angles and odd lighting that happens in normal sim-use. A carefully framed and lighted set of screenshots gives a BADLY skewed version of the product!

This is one reason I like videos.