PDA

View Full Version : Some aircraft only white in FSX.

Navy Chief
February 13th, 2009, 07:50
One example is the FS KBT P-3C Orion. All white. No textures.

Now I have NOT tried selecting it with DX9 enabled. Only DX10.

But wondered if any of you have had similar problems?

The Orion is not the only one. Several models are seemingly affected.

NC

6297J
February 13th, 2009, 07:54
Some older FSX aircraft and port overs from FS9 do not show textures properly in DX10 Chief. (The best ones do however). If you want to use FS9 aircraft in FSX then you really have to stick with DX9.

Navy Chief
February 13th, 2009, 08:07
Well, I will have to check things with DX9 enabled. I do know that the FS KBT Orion looked perfect on my other FSX install. This is the same file, downloaded from AVSIM. The problem must be DX10. Will report back.

NC

N332DW
February 13th, 2009, 13:07
disable Bloom was the fix if i remember correctly, you may also need to disable DX10 preview

Kiwikat
February 13th, 2009, 13:27
Maybe if we all email the freeware authors asking them to start making FSX native planes we wouldn't have this problem... :typing:

Especially now seeing as FSX will be around for a while.

Navy Chief
February 13th, 2009, 13:32
disable Bloom was the fix if i remember correctly, you may also need to disable DX10 preview

Well, I know I don't have Bloom enabled. Will have to see what it does with DX9.

NC

Cazzie
February 13th, 2009, 13:38
One example is the FS KBT P-3C Orion. All white. No textures.

Now I have NOT tried selecting it with DX9 enabled. Only DX10.

But wondered if any of you have had similar problems?

The Orion is not the only one. Several models are seemingly affected.

NC

This happens on about every portover from FS9 when in DX10 Chief, you should get your colors back by switching to DX9 mode. As I said, i stay in DX9 mode lest i want some special screens. The only true advantage I have seen in DX10 are the water reflections.

Caz