PDA

View Full Version : 32-bit Windows 7, 8 or 10 testers needed

rhumbaflappy
October 13th, 2017, 08:58
Hi all.

The newer versions of visual studio and the .NET versions have changed the behavior of the ANYCPU form of compiling. I have a zipped folder I'm attaching, that has been compiled as .NET version 4.7 with Windows10 64-bit.

I'm seeking someone with a 32-bit windows version to try to run the batchfile within the zip, to see if ANYCPU is truly ANYCPU. The file produces some shapefiles and reads one.

Dick

roger-wilco-66
October 24th, 2017, 08:36
Sorry, Dick,

I just saw this. I had a mail a few minutes ago from Louis regarding the 3.15 version of SBX. If you need testers, count me in!

Cheers,
Mark

rhumbaflappy
October 24th, 2017, 09:31
Hi Mark.

Let Luis know you're in. We need some function testing of 315 for about a month to 6 weeks. Then Luis plans to turn the code over to public domain via github. The coding is about 99% done. No big changes for end-users, but some internal changes that will get rid of the Windows10 shapefile bug.

Dick

roger-wilco-66
October 24th, 2017, 11:05
I saw his post on fsdeveloper. That's some great news. I already mailed him.
I'm full with a backlog of work because I struggle around with win10 and SBX and that make shift solution of running SBX in a win7/32 VM.
I'm going to do all I can to help bringing v3.15 into being. Thanks for your work on the cause, Dick.

Cheers,
Mark