PDA

View Full Version : Draw Distance

DaleRFU
October 13th, 2017, 02:59
H all,

I have just installed JoinFS for use of the recorder function (as I couldn't get FSRecorder to work and gave up in the end) and I noticed that the other aircraft that I'm flying with disappears at about a half mile which is quite inconvenient. Is it possible to extend this so I can see the other aircraft from say 3 or 4 miles? I'm using FSX SE.

Regards
Dale

Bradburger
October 13th, 2017, 03:47
Dale,

Under the [SCENERY] section of your FSX SE CFG file, set SmallPartRejectRadius=1.0.

(I'm using FSX SE, and that is the number I have had to use for AI aircraft to remain visible at sensible distances, and not disappear).

From what I remember, this setting seems to vary in the different versions of FSX, so can be an issue if you use the same number when you go over to a different version.

As for FSRecorder, version 1.331 works with the SE edition, although there are some issues, but it does the job.

And don't forget to install the legacy SimConnect files so it (and other addons that use it), will work.

(They are located in the Core Utilities Kit folder inside the SDK folder which is located in the main FSX SE directory).

Cheers

Paul

DaleRFU
October 13th, 2017, 05:53
Thanks for that,

i went into my to my cog and that line wasn't even there under the scenery section and it wasn't even in the file all together. I added it and it hasn't increased the viewing distance :-(

also so with regards to FSRecorder I tried all of that and still nothing.

Regards
Dale

Bradburger
October 13th, 2017, 06:59
Dale,

You might have to try a different number, although that is what worked for me!

I found this thread on the subject posted here awhile back: -

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/103361-AI-traffic-invisible-in-far-distance

Cheers

Paul

DaleRFU
October 14th, 2017, 18:05
Hi Paul,

thanks formyour our assistance on this. I have been playing around with the figure and it's made no difference. Any ideas what I could be doing wrong?