PDA

View Full Version : General Sound Question

falcon409
October 11th, 2017, 11:21
I have had this happen in other models from time to time and I have it now with the AlphaSim S-55. When I change from one view to the next, the sound reverts to the "idle" sound rather than switching to correct view sound. For instance, I'm flying in the VC, a nice throaty sound is present. . .I switch to the exterior and I get the chuga-chuga-chuga "idle" sound, but if I hit the "Q" key and release the sound switches to the correct exterior sound. The same process is required for the Tower View, once the Helicopter is within earshot I hear the "idle" sound, hit the "Q" key and it's fine. Anyone know why this happens or if there's a fix for it?

MrZippy
October 11th, 2017, 11:42
Lots of different views on the "change views and have sound issues". Most folks have said that hitting the Q key twice is the answer. Some have said
that hitting the Q key twice is also listed in the PMDG manuals as a fix for the problem. I did read that one guy said he "fixed it" by totally reinstalling
the driver for his sound card. Reading through posts at different forum sites, everyone seems to agree it's a known issue for FSX.

Bjoern
October 11th, 2017, 11:59
FSX' sound engine is simply buggy.

Other major annoyances:
- Engine sound after shutdown (fixed by changing views)
- Ground roll sound after reloading a stationary aircraft on the ground (again, fixed by changing views)

heywooood
October 11th, 2017, 14:13
a known bug - double tapping the -Q- key fixes it every time...I keep hoping Steve Parson will find the culprit and cure it. Seems to be something about the 'fly-by' view...because switching to the external fixed or floating fixed views then pressing F9 to go back to the cockpit without 'cycling' through them all does not activate the bug...at least that's my experience

Bradburger
October 11th, 2017, 15:40
Yes, a bug indeed (a very annoying one), and one I was hoping Dovetail would fix with the Steam version.

Sadly it never has been, and probably never will be addressed, although there is no harm in us asking them I suppose!

Cheers

Paul

Bjoern
October 12th, 2017, 11:20
I keep hoping Steve Parson will find the culprit and cure it.

What do shaders (i.e. visuals) have to do with sounds?