PDA

View Full Version : A2a wop2 p-40

SSI01
October 8th, 2017, 11:42
Was there ever a "WOP2 P-40," and if so, where do you find it? The WOP3 version is the only one available on the A2A website, yet there are still repaints available for the WOP2 version on the web.

DaveQ
October 8th, 2017, 13:40
Yes there is. I have both and they are both very good. But don't remember where I bought it in 2014. You could ask on the A2A forum...

Best of luck

DaveQ

jankees
October 9th, 2017, 02:26
And I think the paints for V2 should work for 3 as well

huub vink
October 9th, 2017, 04:22
And I think the paints for V2 should work for 3 as well

Are you sure? As I have serious doubts about this.

Huub

SSI01
October 9th, 2017, 04:25
Good morning JK. I'm happy to state I spent a fair amount of time yesterday installing quite a few of your repaints for various aircraft in the hangar. Enjoyed every one.

I thought that was the case, too, in re: the WOP2 paints working in the WOP3 P-40. With the -2 versions, there's a problem with the landing gear - the tires are greyed out - and the main gear wheel hub cover is partially covered with zinc chromate paint, the rest is neutral grey or the color of the aircraft. There's also a problem with the crispness of the texture. -2 textures are 1024 X 1024 bmps; -3 textures are 2048 X 2048 dds. Conversion is a possibility but I don't know if it will work. That's why I was looking for the -2 P-40 before I embarked on a long slog of conversions. If I could find that WOP-2 P-40 everything would be over. I don't see the WOP-2 P-40 anywhere on the A2A home page, nor is it in PCAviator or FSPilotShop unless I'm not searching correctly.

mgchrist5
October 9th, 2017, 06:43
I see the WOP2 model listed at PC Aviator, and it appears to still be for sale. If you search by manufacturers and select A2A, it does show up at the bottom of the page. I don't think it's for sale directly from A2A anymore, as it was supplanted by the WOP3 model + accusim.

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/product.php?productid=18219&cat=0&page=1

Hope this helps.

SSI01
October 9th, 2017, 09:09
Wow! Indeed it does! Many thanks.

EDIT: There must be something wrong with my machine, or I'm not reviewing files at PCA in the correct manner, I guess.

I log into my account at PCA, then go to the search box at the upper left of the screen and type in "A2A." After a short pause I get a listing of all their stuff PCA has for sale, but after going through both pages for the life of me I can't see the WOP2 P-40.

I've ordered and downloaded the aircraft, but used the screen in your link to do so. A good reason for tendering my thanks to you for this.

mgchrist5
October 10th, 2017, 08:01
I log into my account at PCA, then go to the search box at the upper left of the screen and type in "A2A." After a short pause I get a listing of all their stuff PCA has for sale, but after going through both pages for the life of me I can't see the WOP2 P-40.

I've ordered and downloaded the aircraft, but used the screen in your link to do so. A good reason for tendering my thanks to you for this.

Glad to help!

From the main page of PCAviator, look on the menu toolbar running down the left hand side of the webpage. Towards the bottom of the page you'll see a menu item labeled as 'Other', and under that a submenu labeled as 'Manufacturers'. Click on that and you can see a full listing of all vendors selling products on PCA - see link below. I found the WOP2 P-40 by selecting A2A Simulations from that list. The plane shows up on the bottom third of the A2A page. I'm not sure why the WOP2 model doesn't show up under the search method you initially used, but I experienced the same issue. Odd!

http://www.pcaviator.com/store/manufacturers.php