PDA

View Full Version : Best version of Razbam military jets

PhantomP
October 7th, 2017, 10:12
Hi,Razbam planes are cheap in price these days,just asking opinions of my fellow flight simmers of what are the best military jets to purchase,I am looking at purchasing the Buckeye,Prowler,Intruder,and,or Corsair? Volume 1,2,3,ect,ect.I am looking to fly off Aircraft carriers mainly,but other suggestions of Razbam planes are welcomed too.Thanks

WarHorse47
October 7th, 2017, 10:29
They are all good. My favorites are the Harriers.

PhantomP
October 7th, 2017, 10:33
Yeah,sorry forgot to mention,I a own both versions of there Harriers,but thanks for the advice.

Sundog
October 7th, 2017, 10:55
My favorites, are their Harriers and A-7s. Although I'm partial to the two seat A-7 (TA-7) because I like the way it looks. ;)

tommieboy
October 7th, 2017, 13:23
Hi,Razbam planes are cheap in price these days,just asking opinions of my fellow flight simmers of what are the best military jets to purchase,I am looking at purchasing the Buckeye,Prowler,Intruder,and,or Corsair? Volume 1,2,3,ect,ect.I am looking to fly off Aircraft carriers mainly,but other suggestions of Razbam planes are welcomed too.Thanks

The Prowler is an older model and a bit dated. I did a few repaints for that aircraft years ago, but never got around to releasing them. Today, I'd pick up one of the Corsair packages.

Tommy

Stefano Zibell
October 7th, 2017, 13:57
Plus one for the corsairs, they're pretty good.

Navy Chief
October 7th, 2017, 13:59
Ditto about the A-7E Corsair. But then I am biased. Worked on A-7s for years in theUSN, plus I helped Ron Zambrano with tech data on that project WAY back when it started. PRB helped a lot too! NC:encouragement:

warchild
October 7th, 2017, 14:02
I'm biased so, the corsairs and the Kestral are my favorites..

Navy Chief
October 7th, 2017, 14:04
I'm biased so, the corsairs and the Kestral are my favorites..

Yes, the Kestrel is great! Never made it to production, but is a really fun aircraft to fly and looks nice too! NC

speedy70
October 7th, 2017, 14:04
How are the nozzles controlled in the harriers?

By flaps or prop control?

Cheers Chris

warchild
October 7th, 2017, 14:58
Ditto about the A-7E Corsair. But then I am biased. Worked on A-7s for years in theUSN, plus I helped Ron Zambrano with tech data on that project WAY back when it started. PRB helped a lot too! NC:encouragement:

Yeahh, I built the fde's for both the corsair and the kestral.. We did a great job together guys ( without knowing it ::LOL:: )

PhantomP
October 7th, 2017, 15:39
Ok,the A-7E is first on the list,now either the Prowler,Intruder,or Buckeye,or even the Kestrel,Thanks for all the advice so far.

warchild
October 7th, 2017, 16:32
Kestral's like a wild hair. I didnt have canards down so well when i made the fde so it can be a little squirely..

PhantomP
October 7th, 2017, 16:50
How are the nozzles controlled in the harriers?

By flaps or prop control?

Cheers ChrisProp control.

jeansy
October 7th, 2017, 18:56
the A6 is a little dated, but always a favorite

Victory103
October 8th, 2017, 17:56
Agree to all and any Naval Aviation should have in their sim hangars. Would love some updates, but for the most part they get the job done around the boat. I have all 4 listed plus Harrier, with recent activity in the beta Tacpack A-7E, but all volumes are fun to fly. I held out on his Skyraiders only due to Piglet's freeware model getting a port-over from FS9. I know I was not alone wishing for the FS9 A-4 series to get the FSX native treatment.

expat
October 9th, 2017, 01:03
I have the Banshee, Corsair II, Skyhawk, Skyraider, Intruder and Prowler. All decent.

The Prowler is an older model and a bit dated. I did a few repaints for that aircraft years ago, but never got around to releasing them. Today, I'd pick up one of the Corsair packages.

Be great if you could release these!

jeansy
October 9th, 2017, 01:46
I have the Banshee, Corsair II, Skyhawk, Skyraider, Intruder and Prowler. All decent.

Be great if you could release these!

nice, i wish they would make the a6 PK public, every time i ask they send me the prowler kit

strykerpsg
October 9th, 2017, 01:59
All of them were great, though very much dated now by today's standards. The A-7 package held my attention the longest, but I am grossly disappointed they never finished the A-7 TacPac upgrade that would have included all variants, that I also pre-paid for but never received....very disappointed indeed by their lack of follow up.

edakridge
October 9th, 2017, 03:42
I for one was very disappointed that he never finished the A-7. I love this old bird as I was stationed with VA-105 for 4 years. It is just bad business practice to offer a "Pre-Release" the way they did and not finish the product. I will not give any more of my money to RAZBAM because of this!

Daube
October 9th, 2017, 04:24
Same disappointment with the A-7 and the missing TacPack, even though I didn't pre-pay.
I still fly the A7 from time to time. One of the hardest planes to land, due to its tendency to roll over (banking) on the ground if you're not perfectly in line.
Nice to land on the carriers too.

Brian_Gladden
October 9th, 2017, 04:27
I have the TA-7 package and I can't fly it in P3d 1.4 due to some weird flickering in the VC. The F-102 works fine though.

PRB
October 9th, 2017, 05:20
I like the A-7, T-2, and the Banshee. Was the T-2 released after the A-7? I forget. The Banshee is the oldest among these three, but still nice.

Victory103
October 9th, 2017, 10:15
I like the A-7, T-2, and the Banshee. Was the T-2 released after the A-7? I forget. The Banshee is the oldest among these three, but still nice.

I believe so as I was looking over the A-6/EA-6 pilot manuals last night, simple 2 page .pdfs. The T-2 and A-7 have very detailed manuals to go along with the more in-depth design of various systems, he spent some time on those for sure. I need to figure out how to code and just make the updates myself!

PhantomP
October 9th, 2017, 11:42
Ok thanks for the opinions guys,I Think,I have narrowed it down to the 2 seat corsairs,and,or the Intruder,or Prowler?I think,I am leaning more towards the Intruder than the Prowler ,since the Intruder has a A6 refueler included in the package,but,I will wait for a few more opinions,I guess,I will get the Buckeye next time around.

strykerpsg
October 9th, 2017, 18:21
Ok thanks for the opinions guys,I Think,I have narrowed it down to the 2 seat corsairs,and,or the Intruder,or Prowler?I think,I am leaning more towards the Intruder than the Prowler ,since the Intruder has a A6 refueler included in the package,but,I will wait for a few more opinions,I guess,I will get the Buckeye next time around.

Though good choices, I would also point out that any technical or graphical issues you come across will most likely have to be resolved in forums like here, since I believe they (Razbam) have moved away from FSX and into DCS only.

Switchblade408
October 9th, 2017, 18:25
Just bought their A-6 Intruder package again, after a 5-year hiatus. Just as fun as when I flew them back then. I love all the RAZBAM FSX planes I own. The F-102, A-6, EA-6B, Harrier(both British and American), T-2 Buckeye, F/A-201 Kestrel, and Fairchild Metro.

Josh Patterson
October 9th, 2017, 19:44
I have the A-7/TA-7, T-2, Banshee, Kestrel (a what if plane, but fun none the less) EA-6B, A-6 (Although I prefer Virtavia's VC, Razbam models the A/B variants while Virtavia does the E and Razbam has training and mission sorties included) the Skyraider (not a fan of the prop animation, but the sound is fantastic) and the F-102. Of these the Deuce is probably my favorite just because I'm a fan of the Convair deltas. It does have a tendency to slam the nose gear on landing no matter your speed so I replaced the .air file with the one from Restauravia's Mirage III and it flies like a dream with a realistic approach at around 200 touching down around 170-180 and you are able to hold the nose off for a while. (I also tweaked it by substituting Milviz's F-100 sound and burner effect which are much better and also realistic as both planes used the J57.

Also, if you're itchin' to get one Razbam's products are on sale at FS Pilotshop! Around 50% off I think! :encouragement: