PDA

View Full Version : "Cabins on the Lakes" by Return to Misty Moorings

stearmandriver
October 5th, 2017, 04:37
So I've set myself a little project lately, of exploring the areas around Burwash Landing - Carcross - Whitehorse - Atlin, in the Yukon and BC. I know the bordering regions of SE Alaska pretty well, but what's inland over the mountains has always been a blank spot on my mental map. I figured flying it in the sim, over ORBX's Southern Alaska, would be as good a way as any to fill that in.

Return to Misty Moorings has a series of cabins up that way, called "Cabins on the Lakes", so I installed those and spent a month lake hopping from cabin to cabin, hitting all the ones from Burwash to the Atlin area.

Great fun! I learned a lot, and it's beautiful as you'd expect, so I documented it in a series of screenshots and a few video clips.

It seemed too many shots to post as links - nobody would ever click through them all lol - so I tried something new of making them into a YouTube video. It's mostly a captioned slideshow, with a few takeoff and landing vids sprinkled through. I show the captions for a few seconds and the photo without caption for a few seconds, so I can still narrate my way through the journey and keep the show moving along, while giving viewers the option to pause on any pic or caption they may want to study.

If anyone watches, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on how this format works out for ya. It was a fun project, and I can see doing it in other areas too if anyone enjoys it.

One note - there IS sound in the video clips. I should have taken one to start with, to establish that. I can see folks getting sucked into thinking they're watching a silent slideshow, and then being surprised by the roar of 450hp while laying next to a sleeping spouse or something. My bad ;-).

VIDEOS:
Dezadeash Lake landing - 04:55
Dezadeash Lake takeoff - 07:12
Rose Lake Cabin takeoff - 12:55
Primrose Lake Cabin Landing - 15:15
LLewyllyn Glacier Cabin landing - 24:57

https://youtu.be/EXcweeL17UY

jmbiii
October 5th, 2017, 06:43
Pretty neat ! I have RTMM installed, but haven't flown up there for quite some time. Just might have to RTMM.:wavey:

Mr_Dirt
October 5th, 2017, 12:06
Very nice I have RTTMM on my FSX system, I always enjoyed their cabins. I need to get them install on my P3dv4 and try them out. Very nice show thanks for sharing.

jpmouse
October 5th, 2017, 22:18
Nice job!!!

Thanks for sharing it.

JP